Thursday photo prompt: Clouded #writephoto

Welcome to this week’s #writephoto prompt!

You can find all last week’s entries in the weekly round-up, which was published earlier today.

Throughout the week, I will feature as many of the responses here on the Daily Echo as time and space allows, usually in the order in which they are submitted.

All posts will be featured in the weekly round-up on Thursday 20th August, linking back to the original posts of contributors.

Use the image below as inspiration to create a post on your own blog… poetry, prose, humour… light or dark, whatever you choose, as long as it is fairly family-friendly.

Submit your link by noon (GMT) Wednesday 19th August.

Link back to this post with a pingback (Hugh has an excellent tutorial here) and/or leave a link in the comments below, to be included in the round-up. If you link to any other post, I may miss your entry when compiling the round-up.

Use the #writephoto hashtag in your title so your posts can be found.

There is no word limit and no style requirements, except that your post must take inspiration from the image and/or the prompt word given in the title of this post.

Feel free to use #writephoto logo or include the prompt photo in your post if you wish, or you may replace it with one of your own to illustrate your work.

By participating in the #writephoto challenge, please be aware that your post may be featured as a reblog on this blog and I will link to your post for the round-up each week.

Regular contributors are also welcome to come over as my guest and introduce themselves (click here for details).

Please note: As I do not share my political opinions on this blog, please do not use the challenge as a platform from which to share yours. Party political or racially offensive posts will not be reblogged.

This week’s prompt ~ Clouded

For visually challenged writers, the image shows a landscape of green moorland and hills, with a pool of water near rocks in the foreground and a heavy bank of white cloud rolling in and masking the horizon.

This entry was posted in photo prompt, Photography, Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

149 Responses to Thursday photo prompt: Clouded #writephoto

1. Pingback: Thursday Photo Prompt- Clouded# WritePhoto – Keep it alive

2. Pingback: CLOUDED JUDGEMENT – Iain Kelly

3. Iain Kelly says:

I apologise for this piece of nonsense this week Sue! No idea where it came from! 🙂

4. Pingback: Alas! Why? – Kitty's Verses

5. kittysverses says:

Hi Sue,
    Thank you for this beautiful picture. Here’s my attempt :-
    Thank you all for stopping by and reading.

6. Pingback: Roaming the Peaks Forevermore – Masons Mind Menagerie

7. Great picture prompt this week. here’s ‘Roaming the Peaks Forevermore’

Hope you stop by and enjoy it.

8. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt: Clouded #writephoto | willowdot21

9. Pingback: Haiku – Sunrise’s Song Unsung – A poem by Goff James | Art, Photography and Poetry

10. Goff James says:

Hi, Sue. Here’s my offering this week in response to Thursday’s photo prompt ‘Clouded’.
    Happy Day, everyone.

11. Pingback: Clouded #writephoto | Of Glass & Paper

12. Pingback: Clouded #writephoto – About the Jez of It

13. Pingback: One For The Mists | Na'ama Yehuda

14. Another magical photo! and … of course … it told a story …
    Na’ama

15. Pingback: Mute Witness – Reena Saxena

16. Pingback: Clouds Smile – Emotional Shadows

17. Pingback: Clouded outside, Clear within – Life is Beautiful💬

18. Pingback: Clouded #writephoto | Trent's World (the Blog)

19. trentpmcd says:

Hi Sue, nice photo. I decided to continue somethign I did last eyar, so I’m sure everyone will be totally confused 😉 https://trentsworldblog.wordpress.com/2020/08/13/clouded-writephoto/

20. Pingback: Lost! – Live Love Laugh Learn

21. floridaborne says:

I have danced under
    a clouded sunset into
    relentless darkness.
    Wanting…waiting…for sunlight
    to shimmer between the hills.

Liked by 3 people

22. Patty says:

Reblogged this on Campbells World.

23. Your description is itself poetry. 🙂

24. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt: Clouded #writephoto — Sue Vincent’s Daily Echo – All About Writing and more

25. Pingback: Racing Through the Moorlands

26. Ashlie Harris says:

Hi, and thank you for the great prompt and lovely photo! Here’s my humble little story: https://ashlieharris.wordpress.com/2020/08/14/racing-through-the-moorlands/

27. Pingback: #Haiku Conspiratorially – Straight From My Heart

28. Pingback: Clouded #writephoto – Poetry, Short Prose and Walking

29. Pingback: Interpreting Art #writephoto #ceeativewriting | TanGental

30. Pingback: #Clouded #writephoto – The Light Behind the Story

31. Pingback: #Writephoto ~ Clouded ~ #poetry | Anita Dawes & Jaye Marie ~ Authors

32. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt: Clouded #writephoto – Ladyleemanila

33. Pingback: Little Boat #Writephoto #Music | Mystical Strings

34. Pingback: Clouded future | Phillip Knight Scott

35. Wonderful picture this week! I’m back from a too-long hiatus. https://phillipknightscott.com/2020/08/14/clouded-future/

36. Pingback: Tufts of Dreams – The_tenth_zodiac

37. Pingback: Shrouded- #writephoto – The Artist From The Inside Out

38. Pingback: nd 8.14 Learning to Fly? 2p – Jules Pens Some Gems…

39. Jules says:

I did a 99 word solo renga reverse haibun here with: Learning to Fly?

40. Pingback: #writephoto – Stine Writing

41. Pingback: A Clouded Sky- #writephoto – Cozy Quiet Corner

42. Pingback: Without You #writephoto#cloud – michnavs

43. Pingback: spinning ~ a haiku – Mindfills

44. s.s. says:

Thank you for writephoto and getting the writing community together

Here’s mine for the week

45. Pingback: #writephoto: Battle – Jane Dougherty Writes

46. Thanks for the prompt, Sue. As usual, a scene from my WIP.
    By the way, I have a question for you. Today I told my husband I’d had a sidation and moved some of his rubbish. He looked blank then when I explained that I’d sided it away, he understood and uses the word about fifty times a day now. It’s the first time I have used it ever, and I can hear my grandma’s voice saying it, but is it a Yorkshire word or is it one she made up out of a Yorkshire verb for a giggle?

47. Pingback: neelwrites/flash/writephoto/fiction/shortstory/15/08/20 – neelwritesblog

48. Pingback: Clouded – kimbladeswriting

49. Pingback: A Clouded Gift | awisewomansjourney

50. Pingback: Ever Changing - Poetry For Healing

51. Pingback: unexplained – K.

52. Pingback: Another Morning #writephoto

53. Pingback: Hesitant to love you #poetry #writephoto – tales told different

54. Pingback: “EDEN” ©J.E.Goldie Thursday Photo Prompt – Clouded #Write Photo – Aug. 13 2020 |

55. Pingback: Challenge: Photo prompt poem #writephoto – TELLING STORIES

56. Max says:

Hello Sue, I am so happy to have found your site. Words and pictures combined to tell a story is my favourite thing. Here’s my contribution:
    So looking forward to seeing the other contributions.

57. Pingback: theindieshe