Thursday photo prompt – Shrine #writephoto

#writephoto

Every Thursday at noon GMT, I publish one of my photos as a writing prompt.  If you know where the photo was taken, please keep it to yourself until the challenge is closed. I usually share something about the place during the round-up.

If you know the location where the photo was taken, please keep it to yourself until the challenge is ended to leave the writers’ imagination free rein.

Throughout the week I will feature as many of the responses here on the Daily Echo as space allows. Every week, a full round-up of posts will be published linking back to the original posts of contributors.

You can find all last week’s entries in the weekly round-up. Please visit and read the stories and poems and explore the sites of their writers. I feature as many contributions as I can on the blog during the week, but given the volume of contributions that will seldom  be all of them!

The best way to ensure your post is featured is to send it well before the deadline but all posts will be included in a round up on Thursday 8th February.

Use the image below as inspiration to create a post on your own blog… poetry, prose, humour… light or dark, whatever you choose, by noon (GMT)  Wednesday 7th February and link back to this post with a pingback. There is no word limit and no style requirements, except to keep it fairly family friendly.

If you are unsure of how to create a pingback, Hugh has an excellent tutorial here.

shrine

Pingbacks need to be manually approved, so either check back to make sure that the pingback has appeared or simply copy and paste your link into the comments section of this post.

Feel free to use #writephoto logo or include the prompt photo in your post if you wish or you can replace it with one of your own to illustrate your work. Don’t forget to use the #writephoto hashtag in your title so your posts can be found.

Have fun!

This entry was posted in photo prompt, Photography, Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

94 Responses to Thursday photo prompt – Shrine #writephoto

1. Helen Jones says:

Ooh, that’s a good photo, Sue 🙂 (but then, they always are)

2. Pingback: OLD PETE AND THE WATER NYMPHS – Iain Kelly

3. Iain Kelly says:

Intriguing photo Sue, that somehow led me to think of a story I had seen in the news today…

4. Pingback: Shrine – #writephoto | Trent's World (the Blog)

5. What an amazing picture! I can’t wait to hear the story behind that one. And the stories that it inspires. 😉

I like the photo, is that a face , above the three swan like creatures.

7. Pingback: Sati – Reena Saxena

8. Pingback: The Long Way Home | Powered by Robots

9. James says:

When I started writing my story, there were only two responses in the comments and now there are 16. Wow, that took a long time: https://poweredbyrobots.com/2018/02/01/the-long-way-home/

10. Pingback: #WritePhoto – Shrine | But I Smile Anyway...

11. The Militant Negro says:

Reblogged this on The Militant Negro™.

12. Pingback: Sue Vincent’s #Writephoto : Shrine | willowdot21

13. Pingback: The Sad Tale of the Swan #writephoto | Isabel Caves

14. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt – The Hens Come Home to Roost #writephoto – Backyard Knowledge

15. Pingback: The Swan Princesses | jagahdilmein

16. Pingback: #writephoto — Swan Lake – This, That, and The Other

17. Pingback: #writephoto flash fiction: Memorial – Jane Dougherty Writes

18. Pingback: #writephoto: Vader and Valkyrie | The Blurred Line

19. Pingback: The Wedding of the Millennium [Flash Fiction] #writephoto | Observations of The Urban Spaceman

20. Pingback: Shrine #writephot prompt | Not Tomatoes

21. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt – Shrine #writephoto – A Father to His Children | Morpethroad

22. Pingback: Hokora #Writephoto | The Story Files

23. Pingback: The Immortality Of Rocks #writephoto | TanGental

24. Pingback: neelwrites/thedeal/thursdayphotoprompt/fiction/shortstory/250words/04/02/2018 | neelwritesblog

25. Pingback: In the Space-Time Continuum – Calm and Chaos

26. Suzanne says:

An intriguing photo that led me to think of many things – https://bloggingcalmandchaos.wordpress.com/2018/02/04/in-the-space-time-continuum/

27. Pingback: #writephoto Shrine – The Invisible Girl

28. Pingback: Fairy Child | Wallie's Wentletrap

29. wallietheimp says:

Here is Wallie and my response: https://wallieswentletrap.com/2018/02/04/fairy-child/

We both really liked the picture!

30. Pingback: Folly – Journey

31. Pingback: Sanctuary – #writephoto – In Emma World

32. emhyde says:

Hi Sue,
    I’ve tried to be a little bit earlier this week – hope you enjoy it! 🙂

33. Pingback: With the Moon on my Wings | method two madness

34. Pingback: The shrine – a tale from Leverett Island | Fmme writes poems

35. It’s taken me a while to get to this , and I had to scroll a VERY long way down! Thanks for another great prompt.

36. Pingback: Ahalya #writephoto – Kaleidoscope of my life

37. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt – Shrine #writephoto | pensitivity101

38. Looks like I had Edgar Allan Poe sitting in the room and smiling at my ineptitude this week for your great photo prompt at http://bobfairfield.org/2018/02/07/sue-vincents-write-photo/

39. Pingback: Thursday Photo Prompt-The Shrine #writephoto – SOUL CONNECTION