Thursday photo prompt: Tranquil #writephoto

#writephoto

Use the image below as inspiration to create a post on your own blog… poetry, prose, humour… light or dark, whatever you choose, by noon (GMT)  Wednesday 13th March and link back to this post with a pingback to be included in the round-up.  There is no word limit and no style requirements, except to keep it fairly family friendly.

For visually challenged writers, the image shows a secluded corner, with calm water reflecting the green leaves of summer .

All posts will be featured in the round-up on Thursday March 14th at 10am GMT, linking back to the original posts of contributors. Throughout the week I will feature as many of the responses here on the Daily Echo as space allows and (more or less) in the order in which they come in.

You can find all last week’s entries in the weekly round-up. Please visit and read the stories and poems and explore the sites of their writers. I will feature as many contributions as I can on the blog during the week.

Please link your post to this by creating a pingback. If you are unsure of how to create a pingback, Hugh has an excellent tutorial here.

Pingbacks need to be manually approved, so either check back to make sure that the pingback has appeared or simply copy and paste your link into the comments section of this post.

Feel free to use #writephoto logo or include the prompt photo in your post if you wish or you can replace it with one of your own to illustrate your work. Don’t forget to use the #writephoto hashtag in your title so your posts can be found.

Meanwhile, I would like to invite all writephoto regulars to come and introduce themselves on the blog as my  guest!

Click here for details

Have fun!

This entry was posted in photo prompt, Photography, Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

162 Responses to Thursday photo prompt: Tranquil #writephoto

1. Pingback: Tranquil – #writephoto | Trent's World (the Blog)

2. Patty says:

Hi, shared this to Facebook and Twitter. Will also share to LinkedIn. My press this and re-blog buttons seem to have disappeared. Probably some more gremlins on my end. A great photo description this week. I have great ideas for it but since I do not currently have a computer I do not dare try LOL. Thanks for a great post and thank you for describing the photograph.

Get Outlook for iOS

________________________________

3. trentpmcd says:

Hi Sue. It looks peaceful. It also looks like summer, and sicne we have snow on the ground and it won’t get above 20 F/ -7 C today, I need a bit of summer. Though perhaps not too hot… https://trentsworldblog.wordpress.com/2019/03/07/tranquil-writephoto/

This is not part of my current serial – I was completely uninspired to write a new chapter of it.

4. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt: Tranquil #writephoto | Campbells World

5. Pingback: Belief – Reena Saxena

6. Pingback: THEIR TRANQUIL PLACE – Iain Kelly

7. Iain Kelly says:

A lovely, peaceful spot – something of a romance this week, well, sort of…

8. Gorgeous shot, Sue. Makes me want to take a dip…

9. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt: Tranquil #writephoto | willowdot21

10. Pingback: Tranquil #writephoto | Of Glass & Paper

11. Pingback: Words flowing like a waterfall #writephoto | Ann Writes Inspiration

12. Pingback: Haiku: Tranquil | The Dark Netizen

13. Hey Sue! 🙂
    Here’s my take on this week’s prompt:

Happy reading! 🙂

14. LucciaGray says:

Fabulous photo, Sue. So inspiring:)

15. Pingback: #WritePhoto – Tranquil | But I Smile Anyway...

16. If I could only find time to write again… I have a lot of troubles with agencies and public authorities since a while. But I do hope the stress will soon be over.

17. Lovely peaceful scene Sue. It made me feel calm staring at it thinking about what to write 🙂

18. Pingback: Thursday Photo Prompt; Tranquil #Writephoto – Keep it alive

19. Pingback: Holiday #writephoto | Isabel Caves

20. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt: Tranquil #writephoto | Tessa Can Do It! Positivity is Catching!

21. Pingback: An Unexpected Guest [fanfic 168] | Light Motifs II

22. Pingback: Tranquil #writephoto | Willow Poetry

23. Hélène - Willow Poetry says:

This is a beautiful photo, Sue. Thanks for the prompt.

24. Pingback: Expectations – Positive Side Of The Coin

25. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt: Tranquil #writephoto – Ladyleemanila

26. Beautiful picture. love the purple hue

27. Pingback: My tranquility, my light #writephoto

28. Pingback: #writephoto — Secret Getaway – This, That, and The Other

29. What a beautiful picture.
    Find my story here: https://www.michele-jones.com/get-away/

30. Pingback: #writephoto: White ships – Jane Dougherty Writes

31. Pingback: Passages of Time – Sascha Darlington's Microcosm Explored

32. Pingback: Restored | awisewomansjourney

33. Love this photo, wish I was there! Thanks Sue! ❤
    Restored – https://awisewomansjourney.wordpress.com/2019/03/08/restored/

34. Pingback: Tranquil – Mallaband-Brown

35. Hi, I’ve tried to write something mysterious. Thank you for the prompt. Love the photo x

36. Pingback: On the Riverbank – Being in Nature

37. Suzanne says:

Thank you for another inspiring prompt. Here’s my response – https://beinginnatureblog.wordpress.com/2019/03/09/on-the-riverbank/

38. yellowstylo says:

Here’s my attempt at the prompt – https://yellowstylo.wordpress.com/2019/03/09/tranquil/
    Thanks for the inspiration!

39. Pingback: Waters of Grace (#writephoto) | Abandoned Amenities

40. Pingback: Oil And Troubled Waters #writephoto #flashfiction | TanGental

41. Pingback: #Writephoto ~ Tranquil | anita dawes and jaye marie

42. Pingback: The One Place | Na'ama Yehuda

43. What magical photo! This was delightful to write for. Thank you, Sue!
    Here’s my contribution:
    Na’ama

44. Pingback: #writephoto – Tranquil – #poetry | Night Owl Poetry - Dorinda Duclos

45. Pingback: Tranquility Cove – #writephoto – Writing and Reflections

46. Pingback: Standing Guard – Tina Stewart Brakebill

47. Pingback: Once in Tranquil Calm (#writephoto) – Antonia Sara Zenkevitch

48. Pingback: #Writephoto ‘Tranquil Music’ #Haiku #Poetry #MondayMotivation | Rereading Jane Eyre

49. Pingback: Tranquil #WritePhoto | The Story Files

50. Pingback: Otherworld | method two madness

51. Pingback: Nature’s Canopy-Tranquil:#writephoto – freshdaisiesdotme

52. Gorgeous photo, Sue. I haven’t participated in a while, but this photo really inspired me. My contribution can be seen here: https://pennywilsonwrites.com/2019/03/11/stay-tranquil-writephoto/ Thanks, Sue!

53. Pingback: Truly | Thru Violet's Lentz

54. Violet Lentz says:

Glad to be here again this week Sue. Thank you for the delicious prompt!

55. Pingback: The Lagoon | Padre's Ramblings

56. Pingback: Love Lives On/Tranquil #writephoto | Notes to Women

57. Is pink the in-colour this year, going out on a limb to ask that but nice photo anyway, here’s my effort at http://bobfairfield.org/2019/03/12/sue-vincents-thursday-photo-prompt-tranquil-writephoto/

58. Pingback: neelwrites/flash/fictionsentencestarter/thursdayphotofiction/13/03/2019 – neelwritesblog

59. Pingback: #Writephoto – Tranquility (a poem) – Roberta Writes

60. Pingback: Thursday Photo Prompt- Tranquil #writephoto – SOUL CONNECTION

61. Pingback: More Than Friends/Tranquil #writephoto – A Heart for Africa

62. Pingback: The Patience of Water: a #writephoto #haibun – Frank J. Tassone

63. Pingback: Younger/Tranquil #writephoto – Deborah's Deliberations

64. thady1 says:

Here is my offering Sue, a little burnt I’m afraid, wisethady.wordpress.com/2019/04/17/1905-the-salmon-and-the-pig/