Thursday photo prompt: Vista #writephoto

Welcome to this week’s #writephoto prompt!

You can find all last week’s entries in the weekly round-up, which was published earlier today.

Throughout the week, I will feature as many of the responses here on the Daily Echo as time and space allows, usually in the order in which they are submitted.

All posts will be featured in the weekly round-up on Thursday 16th July, linking back to the original posts of contributors.

Use the image below as inspiration to create a post on your own blog… poetry, prose, humour… light or dark, whatever you choose, as long as it is fairly family-friendly.

Submit your link by noon (GMT) Wednesday 15th July.

Link back to this post with a pingback (Hugh has an excellent tutorial here) and/or leave a link in the comments below, to be included in the round-up.

Use the #writephoto hashtag in your title so your posts can be found.

There is no word limit and no style requirements, except that your post must take inspiration from the image and/or the prompt word given in the title of this post.

Feel free to use #writephoto logo or include the prompt photo in your post if you wish, or you may replace it with one of your own to illustrate your work.

By participating in the #writephoto challenge, please be aware that your post may be featured as a reblog on this blog and I will link to your post for the round-up each week.

Regular contributors are also welcome to come over as my guest and introduce themselves (click here for details).

Please note: As I do not share my political opinions on this blog, please do not use the challenge as a platform from which to share yours. Party political or racially offensive posts will not be reblogged.

This week’s prompt ~ Vista

For visually challenged writers, the image shows a wide, summer landscape, seen from a narrow path near the top of a hill that looks out across a valley.

This entry was posted in photo prompt, Photography, Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

125 Responses to Thursday photo prompt: Vista #writephoto

1. Raven says:

Can I play, please?

2. Pingback: Vista #writephoto | Of Glass & Paper

3. Pingback: Thursday Photo Prompt- Vista # WritePhoto – Keep it alive

4. Pingback: Visuals – Kitty's Verses

5. kittysverses says:

Hi Sue,
    Thank you for this lovely picture and challenge. Here’s my take :-
    Thank you all for stopping by and reading.

6. Pingback: VISTA OF WAR – Iain Kelly

7. Iain Kelly says:

Lovely sunny vista Sue, brightening the day as further lockdown measures eased up here! I’m tight for time so I hope you don’t mind me using an excerpt from my novel in answer to the prompt this week – it fits the word ‘vista’ pretty well.

8. Pingback: Vista – kimbladeswriting

9. Pingback: #Writephoto: Vista. | willowdot21

10. Pingback: Vista #writephoto | Trent's World (the Blog)

11. trentpmcd says:

Hi Sue. Great photo, but nothing came to mind. Well, I did have a thought, an odd one, but I hope you enjoy: https://trentsworldblog.wordpress.com/2020/07/09/vista-writephoto/

12. Pingback: Poetry – Summer’s Vista – A poem by Goff James | Art, Photography and Poetry

13. Goff James says:

Hi, Sue; another great photo and prompt. Here’s my offering in response to Thursday’s photo prompt ‘vista’; something a little different this week; a poem ‘Summer’s Vista’.

Happy Thursday Folks.

14. Pingback: Vista (#writephoto)

15. inkdropk says:

Hi Sue, here’s my response to that brilliant photo ! https://inkdrops.blog/2020/07/09/vista/

16. Patty says:

Reblogged this on Campbells World.

17. Pingback: Vistas – Emotional Shadows

18. balroop2013 says:

Hi Sue, lovely picture. I am amazed where my thoughts took me: 🙂

19. Pingback: Soul Archeology | Na'ama Yehuda

20. So expansive! So lovely!
    Here’s the story it told me …
    Na’ama

21. Pingback: Once ~ a decima – Mindfills

22. Pingback: Summer Wings #Writephoto #Poem | Mystical Strings

23. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt: Vista #writephoto – Stine Writing

24. Pingback: Vista – CᖇazY Neᖇɗs

25. Pingback: Returning home- Vista#Writephoto – freshdaisiesdotme

26. Pingback: #writephoto: In the lap of the gods – Jane Dougherty Writes

27. Pingback: neelwrites/flash/fiction/shortstory/10/07/20 – neelwritesblog

28. Pingback: Match made in hills 😊 – Live Love Laugh Learn

29. Pingback: Vista #writephoto – Poetry, Short Prose and Walking

30. Pingback: On The Horizon | Hearing The Mermaids Sing

31. Annette Kalandros says:

Happy Friday! Only a little late this week. Have wonderful weekend.

32. Pingback: Meandering Hopefully! | Richa's blogs

33. Richa Modha says:

Hi Sue,
    Here my post for the wonderful prompt –
    Thank you.

34. Pingback: nd 7.10 suburban strath 1p – Jules Pens Some Gems…

35. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt: Vista #writephoto – Tessa Dean – Author

36. Pingback: Unfulfilled – Falling upwards

37. Pingback: Vista of Hope #vista#writephoto – michnavs

38. Pingback: #Writephoto ~ Vista | Anita Dawes & Jaye Marie ~ Authors

39. Pingback: #writephoto – Vista | Helen Jones

40. Helen Jones says:

Well, this one took an unexpected turn… 😉

Hope you’re enjoying a nice weekend, Sue xx

41. Pingback: Forbidden skies #writephoto – tales told different

42. Pingback: Red Sky At Morning | A Bunch of Dumb Words in a Row

43. Pingback: Hidden in plain sight – My Random Ramblings

44. Jemima Pett says:

Here’s mine, Sue. Bit of a cheat as it reminded me of things I’d already written…and it’s Guinea Pig Appreciation Day on Thursday (which I usually forget till the day!)

45. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt: Vista #writephoto – Ladyleemanila

46. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt: Vista #writephoto – theindieshe

47. Pingback: A Field Guide to Getting Lost – K.