Thursday photo prompt: Valley #writephoto

#writephoto

Every Thursday at noon GMT, I publish one of my photos as a writing prompt.  If you know where the photo was taken, please keep it to yourself until the challenge is closed. I usually share something about the place during the round-up.

Throughout the week I will feature as many of the responses here on the Daily Echo as space allows. Every week, a full round-up of posts will be published linking back to the original posts of contributors.

You can find all last week’s entries in the weekly round-up. Please visit and read the stories and poems and explore the sites of their writers. I feature as many contributions as I can on the blog during the week, but given the volume of contributions that will seldom  be all of them!

The best way to ensure your post is featured is to send it well before the deadline but all posts will be included in a round up on Thursday 5th April

Use the image below as inspiration to create a post on your own blog… poetry, prose, humour… light or dark, whatever you choose, by noon (GMT)  Wednesday 4th April and link back to this post with a pingback. There is no word limit and no style requirements, except to keep it fairly family friendly.

If you are unsure of how to create a pingback, Hugh has an excellent tutorial here.

Pingbacks need to be manually approved, so either check back to make sure that the pingback has appeared or simply copy and paste your link into the comments section of this post.

Feel free to use #writephoto logo or include the prompt photo in your post if you wish or you can replace it with one of your own to illustrate your work. Don’t forget to use the #writephoto hashtag in your title so your posts can be found.

Have fun!

This entry was posted in photo prompt, Photography, Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

67 Responses to Thursday photo prompt: Valley #writephoto

10. kim881 says:

Another stunning photo, Sue! Here’s my response:

11. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt: Valley – The Militant Negro™

12. Pingback: A New Horizon – Emotional Shadows

13. Pingback: #writephoto — Oil and Water – This, That, and The Other

14. Fandango says:

It is a beautiful picture, Sue. Too bad there are some who can’t appreciate the view, like Stan in my story.

15. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt: Valley #writephoto – Delusion | Morpethroad

16. Pingback: What Secrets We Keep | Powered by Robots

17. James says:

Finally got mine finished. Continuing with the saga of the Davidson children: https://poweredbyrobots.com/2018/03/29/what-secrets-we-keep/

18. Pingback: Nemesis | jagahdilmein

19. What a stunning picture Sue. Here’s my story inspired by the photo: https://jagahdilmein.wordpress.com/2018/03/30/nemesis/

20. Pingback: Lone Star – All The Shoes I Wear

21. Hello all!
    Sending my contribution for my first writephoto

22. Pingback: Redefined – Reena Saxena

23. Pingback: #WritePhoto – Valley | But I Smile Anyway...

24. Pingback: Valley – #writephoto | Trent's World (the Blog)

25. trentpmcd says:

Hi Sue. Lovely photo. It’s been a busy couple of days, so I just now got a chance to sit and write the next installment of my story: https://trentsworldblog.wordpress.com/2018/03/30/valley-writephoto/

26. Pingback: Personal Navigation #Writephoto – Calm and Chaos

27. Pingback: Musings – Em's world

28. Pingback: #writephoto – The Valley – #poetry | Night Owl Poetry - Dorinda Duclos

29. Pingback: A Spot On The Horizon #writephoto #flashfiction | TanGental

30. Pingback: Honeysuckle Morning #writephoto | Wallie's Wentletrap

31. wallietheimp says:

Wallie and my response–“Honeysuckle Morning”–https://wallieswentletrap.com/2018/03/31/honeysuckle-morning-writephoto/

32. Pingback: Multiples | method two madness

33. Pingback: Caim #atozchallenge #writephoto | The Story Files

34. Pingback: #Tanka Tuesday (4/3/18/): Son Rise–a #Writephoto tanka – Frank J. Tassone

35. Pingback: Season of bliss ~ #writephoto – My struggle against silence