Thursday photo prompt – Carved #writephoto

#writephoto

Every Thursday at noon GMT, I publish one of my photos as a writing prompt.  If you know where the photo was taken, please keep it to yourself until the challenge is closed. I usually share something about the place during the round-up.

Throughout the week I will feature as many of the responses here on the Daily Echo as space allows. Every week, a full round-up of posts will be published linking back to the original posts of contributors.

You can find all last week’s entries in the weekly round-up. Please visit and read the stories and poems and explore the sites of their writers. I feature as many contributions as I can on the blog during the week, but given the volume of contributions that will seldom  be all of them!

The best way to ensure your post is featured is to send it well before the deadline but all posts will be included in a round up on Thursday 29th March

Use the image below as inspiration to create a post on your own blog… poetry, prose, humour… light or dark, whatever you choose, by noon (GMT)  Wednesday 28th March and link back to this post with a pingback. There is no word limit and no style requirements, except to keep it fairly family friendly.

If you are unsure of how to create a pingback, Hugh has an excellent tutorial here.

Pingbacks need to be manually approved, so either check back to make sure that the pingback has appeared or simply copy and paste your link into the comments section of this post.

Feel free to use #writephoto logo or include the prompt photo in your post if you wish or you can replace it with one of your own to illustrate your work. Don’t forget to use the #writephoto hashtag in your title so your posts can be found.

Have fun!

This entry was posted in photo prompt, Photography, Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

139 Responses to Thursday photo prompt – Carved #writephoto

1. Hi Sue, a touch of humour from me………. hope you like it.

2. Pingback: willowdot21

3. Pingback: CARVED IN BLOOD – Iain Kelly

4. Iain Kelly says:

Another intriguing rock formation – I decided to carve something more man-made this week.

5. janmalique says:

As again, I will be posting my entry at the weekend.

6. Pingback: Limitless – #writephoto | rivrvlogr

7. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt – Carved – The Militant Negro™

8. Pingback: #Carved #Writephoto | Not Tomatoes

9. Pingback: Carved – writing in north norfolk

10. kim881 says:

I love this photo, Sue! here’s my interpretation:

11. Pingback: Carved – Leverett Island stories. | Fmme writes poems

12. What a fascinating photograph. I think I’ve revealed its location, though… 😉

13. Pingback: #writephoto – Carved – a short story | Night Owl Poetry - Dorinda Duclos

14. Pingback: Absurd #writephoto – Fall Musings

Hi Sue, I have tided up my post now. Don’t know how I messed it up earlier? Anyway here is the link.💜😱💜

I must be loosing it big time… I forgot the link so fingers crossed here it is finally.

17. Pingback: #WritePhoto Portal | mermaidcamp

18. Think I’ll be participating this week! Looking forward to seeing how my first post turns out 🙂

19. Pingback: Stone and Bronze – #writephoto – thehouseofbailey

20. Pingback: #writephoto — Nature’s Call – This, That, and The Other

21. Pingback: #WritePhoto – Carved | But I Smile Anyway...

22. Pingback: Stone and Bronze – #writephoto - Scott Andrew Bailey

23. Pingback: Thursday photo #prompt – Carved #writephoto | Two on a Rant

24. Pingback: Successful Outcome – Humble, but Humorous

25. Sandi says:

Great photo!

26. Pingback: Trial at Sakhr | Powered by Robots

27. James says:

Finally got it done and yes, it’s a long one. It’s full of magic and mystery, an Elven Queen, the children realizing their growing powers, one of them captured, a creepy clown, and a sword battle with a demon. Don’t miss it: https://poweredbyrobots.com/2018/03/22/trial-at-sakhr/

28. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt – Carved #writephoto – C. M. Smile

29. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt – Carved #writephoto – The Shirkers | Morpethroad

30. Pingback: Steve’s First Day at School | jagahdilmein

31. The picture reminded me of only one thing Sue, so I wrote a story about it. Cheers. https://jagahdilmein.wordpress.com/2018/03/23/steves-first-day-at-school/

32. An amazing sight wherever it is

33. this whole image is so unique. I wonder where did u even find this. once again one of those photos you want to write for. 🙂

here’s my take on it: https://stoneronarollercoaster.wordpress.com/2018/03/23/missing-element-whitephoto/

34. Pingback: #writephoto: Omphalos – Jane Dougherty Writes

35. Pingback: God’s Doughnut – Smell The Coffee

36. Pingback: Lava Flow – aroused

37. Pingback: Impair – Journey

38. Pingback: Marking the Earth #Photowrite – Calm and Chaos

39. Suzanne says:

Here’s my contribution for this week. I found it hard to put my thoughts into words. I hope it makes sense. Thank you for the motivation to try. https://bloggingcalmandchaos.wordpress.com/2018/03/24/marking-the-earth-photowrite/

40. Great photo, the nestlike shape of the stone helped hatch the idea for this week at http://bobfairfield.org/2018/03/24/sue-vincents-weekly-photo-prompt-writephoto-newborn/

41. Pingback: Illusional Calm – Emotional Shadows

42. Pingback: Illusional Calm – Emotional Shadows

43. balroop2013 says:

Here is the link to my poem Sue. Thanks for the inspiration.

44. Pingback: The land as Story – Calm and Chaos

45. Suzanne says:

Sue, I have written a follow up to the post I wrote yesterday because of a comment a reader made. I have linked it to this prompt because it is an extension to what I wrote yesterday. I hope this is okay with you. Thank you – Suzanne https://bloggingcalmandchaos.wordpress.com/2018/03/25/the-land-as-story/

46. Pingback: Wishing Rock | Wallie's Wentletrap

47. wallietheimp says:

Here is Wallie and my response. It’s a beautiful picture. “Wishing Rock” — https://wallieswentletrap.com/2018/03/26/wishing-rock/

48. Pingback: Carved #writephoto | The Story Files

49. Pingback: Carved #WritePhoto | forgottenmeadows

50. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt- The Carved Structure #writephoto – SOUL CONNECTION

51. Pingback: Mother Nature – #WritePhoto

52. My piece is up! I pinged back to this page, but also thought I’d post a link in the comments, just in case! This was fun! Thanks, Sue 🙂

53. Pingback: Satan’s fate ~ #writingphoto – My struggle against silence

54. Pingback: A New Horizon – Emotional Shadows

55. Pingback: The Dark – #writephoto – thehouseofbailey

56. Pingback: The Dark – #writephoto - Scott Andrew Bailey

57. When this was the ‘land of giants’, someone didn’t eat her/his donut! – Just Saying! ♥

58. No offense to this intriguing piece of geography… I just felt a bit of levity creep into my body! ♥