Thursday photo prompt – Ahead #writephoto

#writephoto

Every Thursday at noon GMT, I publish one of my photos as a writing prompt.  If you know where the photo was taken, please keep it to yourself until the challenge is closed. I usually share something about the place during the round-up.

Throughout the week I will feature as many of the responses here on the Daily Echo as space allows. Every week, a full round-up of posts will be published linking back to the original posts of contributors.

You can find all last week’s entries in the weekly round-up. Please visit and read the stories and poems and explore the sites of their writers. I feature as many contributions as I can on the blog during the week, but given the volume of contributions that will seldom  be all of them!

The best way to ensure your post is featured is to send it well before the deadline but all posts will be included in a round up on Thursday 22nd March

Use the image below as inspiration to create a post on your own blog… poetry, prose, humour… light or dark, whatever you choose, by noon (GMT)  Wednesday 21st March and link back to this post with a pingback. There is no word limit and no style requirements, except to keep it fairly family friendly.

If you are unsure of how to create a pingback, Hugh has an excellent tutorial here.

Pingbacks need to be manually approved, so either check back to make sure that the pingback has appeared or simply copy and paste your link into the comments section of this post.

Feel free to use #writephoto logo or include the prompt photo in your post if you wish or you can replace it with one of your own to illustrate your work. Don’t forget to use the #writephoto hashtag in your title so your posts can be found.

Have fun!

This entry was posted in photo prompt, Photography, Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

67 Responses to Thursday photo prompt – Ahead #writephoto

1. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt – Ahead – The Militant Negro™

Food for thought 💜

3. janmalique says:

Lovely photo once again! I’ll post my entry at the weekend Sue.

4. Here’s my take Sue. I’d originally misread the title, but went with my idea anyway.

5. Pingback: TROUBLE AHEAD – Iain Kelly

6. Iain Kelly says:

I’m interested to see where this place is, looks magical Sue 🙂

7. Pingback: Ahead – #writephoto | Trent's World (the Blog)

8. trentpmcd says:

Hi Sue. Intriguing photo. What, or who, is hidden there? unfortunately, the story that came up when I saw it couldn’t easily be told. I may have started a new serial… https://trentsworldblog.wordpress.com/2018/03/15/ahead-writephoto/

9. Pingback: Turning back – Reena Saxena

10. Pamela Morse says:

little rock magic hide out…cool

11. Pingback: Ahead #Writephoto | The Story Files

12. Pingback: The green chapel | Fmme writes poems

13. Pingback: Thursday photo #prompt – Ahead #writephoto | Two on a Rant

14. Pingback: writephoto: charmer | Does writing excuse watching?

15. Pingback: #writephoto — A Little Bit Caveman – This, That, and The Other

16. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt – Ahead #writephoto | willowdot21

17. Pingback: Ahead – #writephoto #poetry | Night Owl Poetry - Dorinda Duclos

18. Pingback: The Cries of the Goddess #PhotoWrite – Calm and Chaos

19. Suzanne says:

I took one look at your photo and knew immediately what I was going to write about. Here it is https://bloggingcalmandchaos.wordpress.com/2018/03/16/the-cries-of-the-goddess-photowrite/
    Thank you for the inspiration.

20. Pingback: Sojourn in Direhaven | Powered by Robots

21. Pingback: #WritePhoto The Hideout | mermaidcamp

22. Pingback: Banished | jagahdilmein

23. Here’s my entry for the week Sue. Hope it doesn’t ruffle any feathers 🙂 https://jagahdilmein.wordpress.com/2018/03/16/banished/

24. Pingback: My haven – Balcony Sunrise

25. Pingback: Fmme writes poems

26. https://fmmewritespoems.wordpress.com/2018/03/16/4242/
    and here’s another one! I really want to know what’s going on in that cave…

27. Pingback: pt. # 18 ~ Fall in the Creek?! – What if We all Cared?

28. Pingback: What is Ahead? – #writephoto | New2Writing

29. Pingback: #WritePhoto – Ahead | But I Smile Anyway...

30. Pingback: #writephoto: I really can’t think of a title for this… – Jane Dougherty Writes

31. Pingback: An Exodus from the Cave: a #freeverse Friday (3/16/18) #writephoto #haibun – Frank J. Tassone

32. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt – Ahead #writephoto – Face Rock | Morpethroad

33. Pingback: #Thursdayphotoprompt – Ahead – Robbie's inspiration

34. Pingback: Thursday Photo Prompt – Ahead #writephoto – Loving the Fifty Something

35. Pingback: Long Retreat – aroused

36. calmkate says:

Interesting photo that brought this straight to mind:

37. Pingback: The Cave – Em's world

38. Em says:

That’s a wonderful photo and made me so nostalgic too…

39. Pingback: Just Passing Through – #writephoto | rivrvlogr

40. Pingback: neelwrites/thetrap/thursdayphotoprompt/#writephoto/fiction/shortstory/17/03/2018 | neelwritesblog

41. Pingback: Brush – Journey

42. Pingback: Dangling The Carrot #writephoto #carrotranch | TanGental

43. By Neel Anil Panicker

‘You mean to say the money is there, right?’

Richard looked up at the beastly faces that hovered around him; two pairs of eyes stared down at him, the pupils split wide open, as if they would burst out any moment.
    He looked at the swarthy man who reeked of hard country liquor, whose query he was supposed to answer, whose hairy hand rested uncomfortably on his reed thin shoulder, the long blade of a knife digging deep into his collar bone.

He was desperate, and dangerous too. So was the other guy, who stood a feet away, his blood shot eyes surveying the mountainous terrain around him, much like a famished eagle scouring for her next meal.

Richard made an attempt to move his limbs as much as he could in the foetal position that he was, and cleared his throat of all bile, ‘Yes, you guys are right. The money is there, every single penny of it.’

A sense of elation surged in the eyes of his captors.

‘But there is a problem. It is stashed away high up the hill and…’

This time Richard held his breath and looked at his foes.

They were waiting, their ears latched onto every single word that he had to say.

A wrong word could very well see his end; the men, ruthless as they were, not hesitating in riddling his body with bullets.

‘It is stashed away in Drogma?’

“In the what?”

‘The Drogma. It’s a rock. A rock like no other. A rock with the face of a lion, the shape of an elephant, and a few other distinguishable features only I am aware of, and only…’

Richard waited to study the expression of his captors. All had their mouths wide open, frames half bent, ears cocked, eagerly hanging on to every monosyllabic sound that he uttered, the anxiety on their faces writ alarmingly large.

They had bitten the bait and fallen into the trap.

Richard went for the jugular.

‘Only I can help you get back the bag that is hidden inside the Drogma, the bag that we stole, the bag that contains ten million dollars. So, do what I say and quietly follow met’.

He didn’t wait for their response, but walked ahead. He knew they would follow. They had no option.

#neelanilpanicker #fiction #shortstory #thursdayphotoprompt

44. Pingback: Magin the Moon-Weaver #writephoto | Wallie's Wentletrap

45. A bit of a trial sorting the images conjured up by your intriguing photo but from the depths came this little tale at http://bobfairfield.org/2018/03/20/sue-vincents-thursday-photo-prompt-ahead-writephoto/

46. Pingback: Carved – #writephoto | Trent's World (the Blog)

47. trentpmcd says:

Hi Sue. Yes, this is a great photo to continue my story. Unfortunately I’ve been insanely busy, so have had a hard time getting a chance to write, dispite the fact that I can usually whip a story off in minutes. So, that’s what I did. I hope it works: https://trentsworldblog.wordpress.com/2018/03/23/carved-writephoto/