Thursday photo prompt – Distant #writephoto

#writephoto

Every Thursday at noon GMT, I publish one of my photos as a writing prompt.  If you know where the photo was taken, please keep it to yourself until the challenge is closed. I usually share something about the place during the round-up.

Throughout the week I will feature as many of the responses here on the Daily Echo as space allows. Every week, a full round-up of posts will be published linking back to the original posts of contributors.

You can find all last week’s entries in the weekly round-up. Please visit and read the stories and poems and explore the sites of their writers. I feature as many contributions as I can on the blog during the week, but given the volume of contributions that will seldom  be all of them!

The best way to ensure your post is featured is to send it well before the deadline but all posts will be included in a round up on Thursday 25th January.

Use the image below as inspiration to create a post on your own blog… poetry, prose, humour… light or dark, whatever you choose, by noon (GMT)  Wednesday 24th January and link back to this post with a pingback. There is no word limit and no style requirements, except to keep it fairly family friendly.

If you are unsure of how to create a pingback, Hugh has an excellent tutorial here.

Pingbacks need to be manually approved, so either check back to make sure that the pingback has appeared or simply copy and paste your link into the comments section of this post.

Feel free to use #writephoto logo or include the prompt photo in your post if you wish or you can replace it with one of your own to illustrate your work. Don’t forget to use the #writephoto hashtag in your title so your posts can be found.

Have fun!

This entry was posted in photo prompt, Photography, Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

102 Responses to Thursday photo prompt – Distant #writephoto

1. tidalscribe says:

Thanks – No I haven’t done pingbacks yet so I shall take advantage of Hugh’s link and have a go soon.

Love this photo it is so atmospheric.thanks Sue. 💜

3. Pingback: The Ultimate – Reena Saxena

4. Another early one this week but it might give you a smile @http://bobfairfield.org/2018/01/18/thursday-photo-prompt-distant-writephoto/

5. Pingback: Distant #writephoto – Of Glass & Paper

6. Wow! What a dramatic photo in a dark, brooding sort of way!

7. My first reaction to the photo was “Oh gosh,” followed by, “now that’s a loaded photo.”

8. Pingback: Distant #writephoto #suevincent | Not Tomatoes

9. quiall says:

https://butterflysand.com/2018/01/18/writephoto-caretakers/ I thought I would join in this week. I hope you enjoy.

10. Pingback: Distant #writephoto | The Story Files

11. Pingback: Distant #writephoto | Trent's World (the Blog)

12. trentpmcd says:

A beautiful photo, but then, I love the mountains. For some reason, my first thought when I saw this was of Bilbo and the road he took to see the mountains. Here is the story I came up with: https://trentsworldblog.wordpress.com/2018/01/18/distant-writephoto/

13. Pingback: Sue Vincent’s Thursday Photo Challenge : Distant. | willowdot21

14. Pingback: LONG DISTANCE RELATIONSHIP – Iain Kelly

15. Iain Kelly says:

Epic scenery Sue, so I decided to go for a small and personal story! Hope you enjoy it 🙂

16. Pingback: Distant Lands #WritePhoto Prompt | forgottenmeadows

17. Pingback: #writephoto — The Tundra – This, That, and The Other

18. Pingback: Wilderness Pilgrims | Powered by Robots

19. Pingback: Aloof – writing in north norfolk

20. kim881 says:

After writing a couple of poems about wind this week and then suffering a hard day today because of last night’s gales, here is a short poem for this week’s photo prompt, Sue. It’s a gorgeous photo, so I hope my little poem does it justice.

21. Pingback: #WritePhoto – Distance | But I Smile Anyway...

22. Pingback: Before the White Peaks: A Gnoman March | Wallie's Wentletrap

23. Pingback: Miles from Innisfree: A #haibun response to Yeats…#haiku #poetry #dversepoets #writephoto – Frank J. Tassone

24. Pingback: The Recluse | jagahdilmein

25. What a spectacular sight that is Sue. I wish I could sit on a bench here forever. Here’s my story on the prompt : https://jagahdilmein.wordpress.com/2018/01/19/the-recluse/

26. quiall says:

I tried to leave a link but it would not accept it. My submission can be found at butterflysand.com.

27. Pingback: Distance | Penny Wilson Writes

28. Pingback: Whispering Peace and Tranquility – Emotional Shadows

29. Pingback: Irksome – Journey

30. Pingback: #writephoto: Snow giants – Jane Dougherty Writes

31. I love this photo Sue, reminds me of the Wicklow hills, but it just inspired this bleak little story. Strange. I’d have thought it would have nudged a really epic story.

32. The picture you have chosen this week reminds me of my homestead in the Bavarian Alps, dear Sue… 😉
    Here is my story:

33. janmalique says:

Hi Sue, I’ve posted my entry but this challenge was a strange one. Shall we say it didn’t want to be discarded and pushed me into finishing it. https://strangegoingsonintheshed.wordpress.com/2018/01/20/thursday-photo-prompt-distant-writephoto-by-jan-malique/

34. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt – Distant #writephoto | Morpethroad

35. Pingback: neelwrites/gangsofdelhi/bawana/fiction/novella/21/01/2018 | neelwritesblog

36. Pingback: #Writephoto- On the Move – Backyard Knowledge

37. Pingback: #writephoto Farewell | Alice muses

38. Pingback: Warmth – Thoughts of Words

39. Sangbad says:

After a time posting here…a different 100 Words story…

40. Pingback: Natural magic – Calm and Chaos

41. Pingback: The Watchers – #writephoto [Flash Fiction] | Observations of The Urban Spaceman

42. Pingback: Dispersion #writephoto – Fall Musings

43. Pingback: Golden rocks? #writephoto | Never A Worry

44. Pingback: The Pool of Miracles – #writephoto – In Emma World

45. emhyde says:

Hi Sue,

It’s crazy how many responses you have to your photos these days! I utterly love this photo, it is beautiful, and there are so many ways that it could be interpreted. I really enjoyed composing my story this week 🙂 Last-minute again, as always…

46. Pingback: Thursday Photo Prompt-Distant Love #writephoto – SOUL CONNECTION