Thursday photo prompt – Crow #writephoto

#writephoto

Every Thursday at noon GMT, I publish one of my photos as a writing prompt.  If you know where the photo was taken, please keep it to yourself until the challenge is closed. I usually share something about the place during the round-up.

Throughout the week I will feature as many of the responses here on the Daily Echo as space allows. Every week, a full round-up of posts will be published linking back to the original posts of contributors.

You can find all last week’s entries in the weekly round-up. Please visit and read the stories and poems and explore the sites of their writers. I feature as many contributions as I can on the blog during the week, but given the volume of contributions that will seldom  be all of them!

The best way to ensure your post is featured is to send it well before the deadline but all posts will be included in a round up on Thursday 18th January.

Use the image below as inspiration to create a post on your own blog… poetry, prose, humour… light or dark, whatever you choose, by noon (GMT)  Wednesday 17th January and link back to this post with a pingback. There is no word limit and no style requirements, except to keep it fairly family friendly.

If you are unsure of how to create a pingback, Hugh has an excellent tutorial here.

Pingbacks need to be manually approved, so either check back to make sure that the pingback has appeared or simply copy and paste your link into the comments section of this post.

Feel free to use #writephoto logo or include the prompt photo in your post if you wish or you can replace it with one of your own to illustrate your work. Don’t forget to use the #writephoto hashtag in your title so your posts can be found.

Have fun!

This entry was posted in photo prompt, Photography, Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

127 Responses to Thursday photo prompt – Crow #writephoto

1. Pingback: When Crows Cry – writing in north norfolk

2. kim881 says:

A beautiful, simple silhouette that holds so many possibilities, Sue. here’s my small offering:

Liked by 3 people

3. Pingback: Rooks | fmme writes poems

4. Pingback: Crow – #writephoto | Trent's World (the Blog)

5. trentpmcd says:

It looks so sinister in silhouette like that. So, of course, I decided to take it a completely different way 😉 I hope that you enjoy: https://trentsworldblog.wordpress.com/2018/01/11/crow-writephoto/

Love this prompt, the photo is great full of ideas. 💜

7. janmalique says:

I will post mine later Sue, atmospheric photo.

8. Pingback: Crow #writephoto | The Story Files

9. hrh66 says:

Thanks Sue, I really liked this prompt. Here’s my story; https://thestoryfiles.wordpress.com/2018/01/11/crow-writephoto/

10. A poem from me this week Sue. I remember so well the noise of crows going to roost in the woods at sunset.

11. You won’t be surprised to hear there were crows everywhere this morning during my walk with the dogs. 🙂

12. Pingback: Crow #writephoto – Of Glass & Paper

13. Pingback: CULLODEN – Iain Kelly

14. Iain Kelly says:

Such a moody picture took me to dark times Sue. Fabulous shot.

15. Pingback: Crow #writephoto #suevincent | Not Tomatoes

16. Pingback: Haaninin’s Friend | Powered by Robots

17. Pingback: writephoto – crow – tea & paper

18. Pingback: #WritePhoto – Crow | But I Smile Anyway...

19. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt – Crow #writephoto | Morpethroad

20. Pingback: Silence | Everything and Nothing

21. Pingback: #writephoto — As the Crow Flies – This, That, and The Other

22. Pingback: Crow#writephoto | ShiftnShake

23. Pingback: The Message By Raymond Roy #writephoto – goroyboy's Blog

24. Pingback: Where do you come from? – Reena Saxena

25. Pingback: The Cursed Crow | jagahdilmein

26. Here is my entry for this week Sue. Lovely picture, something so surreal and timeless about it. Inspired me to write a story in verse after a long time 🙂 https://jagahdilmein.wordpress.com/2018/01/12/the-cursed-crow/

27. Pingback: Ploy – Journey

28. Pingback: crow tree sky | method two madness

29. Pingback: Coffee house – Bilocalalia

30. Pingback: The Crow and The Window – #writephoto

31. Pingback: Flash fiction: Parting – Jane Dougherty Writes

32. What a lot of stories! I’ll have to find the time to read some.

33. Pingback: The Sentry – Smell The Coffee

34. I confess that I enjoy it very much to write stories in English 😉 :
    Thursday photo prompt – Crow #writephoto

35. Pingback: #writephoto The Observer – The Bag Lady

36. Here’s mine Sue. My mind thought of Poe right away, even though this is a crow and not a raven. But with that dark imagery, this ended up very dark. Love the photo!

37. Pingback: Questions for a Silhouette – #writephoto | rivrvlogr

38. Pingback: The Artist Who Didn’t Like Silhouettes #writephoto | Wallie's Wentletrap

39. wallietheimp says:

Wallie and I wrote a response–“The Artist Who Didn’t Like Silhouettes.”

Thanks for another lovely photo prompt!

40. Pingback: Crow – Balcony Sunrise

41. Pingback: Dawn #WritePhoto – The world in my eyes…

42. Divya says:

My entry for this week –
    Cheers, Divya 🙂
    (The previous comment got posted with the wrong credentials, Sorry!)

43. Divya says:

My entry for this week –
    Cheers, Divya 🙂

(The previous comment got posted with the wrong credentials, Sorry!)

44. Pingback: In which Pearl Barley embarks on a hair-raising adventure | TanGental

45. Pingback: Wayback Wednesday 8/16/17: a #Thanksgiving gone wrong…#writephoto #haibun #haiku #poetry – Frank J. Tassone

46. Pingback: Murder Most Fowl – #writephoto – In Emma World

47. emhyde says:

Hi Sue,
    My first post in a while! And leaving it late, as always 😉

I’ll try to respond to the prompts a bit more regularly from now on! 🙂

Emma

48. KL Caley says:

Loved this one Sue. Great photo as always! I wonder if there are a few Edgar Allan Poe inspired pieces :).
    My take:- new2writing.wordpress.com/2018/01/17/the-watcher-writephoto/
    KL ❤

49. Pingback: An Unabating Crow – Unpredictable Affairs

50. Pingback: Thursday Photo Prompt-Dark Moon #writephoto – SOUL CONNECTION

51. Pingback: The dead Bird – The Mum Poet

52. Pingback: The Watcher – #writephoto | New2Writing

53. Pingback: #Writephoto – Darkness, a metaphorical poem – Robbie's inspiration