Thursday photo prompt – Watchers #writephoto

#writephoto

Every Thursday at noon GMT, I publish one of my photos as a writing prompt. Throughout the week I will feature a number of the responses here on the Daily Echo as space allows. Every week, a full round-up of posts will be published linking back to the original posts of contributors.

You can find all last week’s entries in the weekly round-up. Please visit and read the stories and poems and explore the sites of their writers. I feature as many contributions as I can on the blog during the week, but given the volume of contributions that may not be all of them!

Use the image below as inspiration to create a post on your own blog… poetry, prose, humour… light or dark, whatever you choose, by noon (GMT)  Wednesday 9th August and link back to this post with a pingback. If you are unsure of how to create a pingback, Hugh has an excellent tutorial here.

Pingbacks need to be manually approved, so either check back to make sure that the pingback has appeared or simply copy and paste your link into the comments section of this post.

The best way to ensure your post is featured is to send it well before the deadline but all posts will be included in a round up on Thursday 10th August.

Feel free to use #writephoto logo or include the prompt photo in your post if you wish or you can replace it with one of your own to illustrate your work. Don’t forget to use the #writephoto hashtag in your title so your posts can be found.

Have fun!

This entry was posted in photo prompt, Photography, Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

68 Responses to Thursday photo prompt – Watchers #writephoto

1. This reminds me of the woods and old airfield in Lincolnshire where we used to walk Maggie every day.

2. Pingback: Watchers – #writephoto (Towards the Light) | Trent's World (the Blog)

3. trentpmcd says:

Cool photo. I would have to follow that chasm to see what’s around the next corner… And here is the next installment of my story – https://trentsworldblog.wordpress.com/2017/08/03/watchers-writephoto-towards-the-light/

4. Pingback: I am the Watcher and the Watched – Reena Saxena

5. Pingback: Bewilder – Journey

6. Pamela Morse says:

Stone silent secret watchers…thanks Sue, for another great shot

7. Pingback: Watchers #writephoto – Of Glass & Paper

8. Pingback: neelwrites/watcher/fiction/thursdayphotoprompt/03/08/2017 | neelwritesblog

9. Pingback: Stone walls still stand… – writing in north norfolk

10. kim881 says:

That looks like a place I’d like to explore, Sue. A wonderful photo to inspire a poem on a Thursday afternoon!

11. Pingback: #WritePhoto Who’s Watching? | mermaidcamp

I do like this photo Sue I can see faces in the wall.☺️

13. Pingback: City of Stone – A Unique Title For Me

14. Pingback: Get Lost | Flip Flops Every day

15. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt – Watchers #writephoto | But I Smile Anyway...

16. floridaborne says:

I went out into left field for this one. The cats demanded it.
    And they’re watching me.

17. Pingback: If You Can’t Be Good… – This, That, and The Other

18. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt – Watchers #writephoto | Morpethroad

19. Pingback: Microfiction #writephoto: Watchers – Jane Dougherty Writes

20. Pingback: Thursday Photo Prompt, The Watchers. | willowdot21

21. Pingback: #Haiku Life Watchers #Writephoto – Emotional Shadows

22. Pingback: Watchers #writephoto | The Story Files

23. Pingback: Conduit | method two madness

24. Pingback: Microfiction #writephoto: Watchers – Jane Dougherty | Sue Vincent's Daily Echo

25. Intriguing… 🙂 I’ll go play. Thank you for the inspiration, yet again!

26. Pingback: Family Tree #WritePhoto | Lemon Shark Reef

27. Pingback: The Trees Have Eyes – #writephoto – In Emma World

28. emhyde says:

Hi Sue – my attempt is here! Late as ever:

I did post it before midday 😉

29. Pingback: #writephoto Watchers – a haiku – Robbie's inspiration