Thursday photo prompt: Returning #writephoto

Welcome to the new #writephoto prompt!

For five years, we did not miss a beat, and every week the stories, poems and artwork flew in to be shared here as part of the weekly photo prompt challenge.

That unbroken series of posts came to a halt when I fell seriously ill and felt that I could no longer commit to collating, reblogging and commenting on the very many posts that came in each week.

However, the prompt has been missed and many people have asked if we could start it again, but with a few small differences, in case I am not well enough to set up reblogs and round-up posts.

I can only say, well, okay, let’s see how it goes…

So… with a few small differences, we are back…

Each week, on a Thursday morning, I will post a photograph from my archive along with a prompt word.

Use the image and prompt as inspiration to create a post on your own blog… poetry, prose, humour… light or dark, whatever you choose, as long as it is fairly family-friendly.

Please LINK BACK to this post, by leaving the URL of your post in the comments so that I know you have posted and so that others can find your work.

Please click their links to visit the blogs of other contributors and take time to read and comment on their work.

The prompt runs from Thursday to Tuesday each week, so please submit your link by midnight (GMT) the following Tuesday (26th January).

Use the #writephoto hashtag in your title so your posts can be found across social media.

There is no word limit and no style requirements, except that your post must take inspiration from the image and/or the prompt word given in the title of this post.

Feel free to use #writephoto logo or include the prompt photo in your post if you wish, or you may replace it with one of your own to illustrate your work.

What’s different?

Not much… Depending upon how I am feeling, I will still reblog some of the posts as they come in, though not as many as before and I will try to maintain a round-up post each week in which I will share a little bit about the previous week’s prompt, though this is the bit with which time and health may interfere, so please ensure you leave your link in the comments!

Regular contributors are also still welcome to come over as my guest and introduce themselves (click here for details).

Please note: As I do not share my political opinions on this blog, please do not use the challenge as a platform from which to share yours. Party political or racially offensive posts will not be reblogged and links will be deleted.

This week’s prompt ~ Return

For visually challenged writers, the image shows a solitary figure on a rocky ledge, holding a staff and silhouetted against a pale sky.

This entry was posted in photo prompt, Photography, Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

170 Responses to Thursday photo prompt: Returning #writephoto

1. Fandango says:

I’m glad you’re feeling well enough, Sue, to resume your Thursday Photo Prompt series.

Liked by 6 people

2. daisybala says:

I wasn’t actively participating since last few months but I’m so glad to know that you’re feeling better and back with a bang!! Keep shining and keep inspiring us🥰🤗

Liked by 5 people

3. Ritu says:

Welcome back Sue 🥰

Liked by 5 people

4. Pingback: Thursday Photo Prompt- Return # WritePhoto – Keep it alive

5. Sadje says:

Welcome back Sue! What a wonderful photo to resume your prompt.
    Here’s my response;

Liked by 5 people

6. This was such a wonderful surprise this morning, Sue! So glad you are feeling strong enough!

Liked by 5 people

7. s.s. says:

Thank you Sue! Missed your inspiration every single Thursday ☺️ Glad to see you return with this beautiful writephoto

Liked by 2 people

Good morning Sue, this is a lovely bonus to the day. As you say let’s see how it goes 💜💜💜.

Liked by 2 people

9. This is a surprise! And a lovely one! I doubt I’d be up to doing a round up every week at the best of times. It’s tiring, time consuming, and we can get the links from this post anyway. Don’t beat yourself up about giving us an extra puff. The prompt is enough 🙂

10. Pingback: Return #writephoto – Of Glass & Paper

11. Pingback: #writephoto — The Prodigal Son – This, That, and The Other

12. Pingback: Poetry – Senryū – Lone in Dawn’s Silence – A poem by Goff James | Art, Photography and Poetry

13. Goff James says:

Hi, Sue. Great to have you back. Welcome home. Here my response to this week’s Thursday photo prompt – senryū – Lone in Dawn’s Silence.

Liked by 4 people

14. Wonderful to see the photo prompt back. Xx

Liked by 3 people

15. Pingback: It’s back!! Sue’s weekly Write photo (with a difference) | pensitivity101

16. How lovely to see this back Sue and I hope you don’t find it too tiring. ❤ ❤ ❤
    Here's my effort

Liked by 3 people

17. Yay! Welcome back, Sue! ❤

Liked by 3 people

18. Pingback: The world afterwards – Jane Dougherty Writes

19. Pingback: tomorrow calls (a haiku) – Tina Stewart Brakebill

20. Pingback: The Return #return #writephoto #SueVincent – The Light Behind the Story

21. Pingback: Returning; #writephoto & Shimmer;decima 41 | ShiftnShake

22. I’m so glad you’re feeling up to this that I even wrote for it.
    I’ve been quiet around here but you have been in my thoughts.

23. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt: Returning #writephoto | willowdot21

24. Glad to see you back. I hope you are feeling better. You’re in my thoughts and prayers.
    My contribution: https://michele-jones.com/return/

Liked by 3 people

25. rugby843 says:

Hey! Welcome welcome! Happy to see you, keep improving your health.

26. kittysverses says:

I’m happy to know you are feeling better and back with the prompt, Sue. Thank you very much. 🙂

Liked by 2 people

27. Pingback: Returning #writephoto | But I Smile Anyway...

28. Ritu says:

Here you are, Lovely Sue ❤

29. balroop2013 says:

Nice to see you back Sue. Wishing you all the best with good health.

30. Pingback: Thursday Photo Prompt – Never to Return – Relax, It's all Write

31. Pingback: THE RETURN – Iain Kelly

32. Iain Kelly says:

Wonderful to have the #writephoto prompt back Sue, and to see you feeling well enough to do so – your return is deliberate in the double meaning of my contribution (although, of course, you’ve never really been away!) Stay well, Iain.

Liked by 3 people

33. Pingback: #writephoto 1-21-21 – The Bag Lady

34. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt: Returning #writephoto – Tessa Dean – Author

35. Pingback: The Promised Land ~#writephoto – A Poem – Suzette B's Blog

36. Hello Sue, So happy to hear that you are doing well, Here is my little bit.

Liked by 3 people

37. Pingback: #Writephoto ~ Returning ~ #Poetry | Books & Bonsai

38. The pingbacks is playing up, so here’s our link, Sue…welcome back! https://jenanita01.com/2021/01/22/writephoto-returning-poetry/

Liked by 4 people

39. Pingback: Return #writephoto | Trent's World (the Blog)

40. trentpmcd says:

Hi Sue. Great to see the return of the challenge! For some reason i decided to go a little dark on this one: https://trentsworldblog.wordpress.com/2021/01/22/return-writephoto/

Liked by 4 people

41. Pingback: Returning to Nature – #writephoto #shortstory #fiction | This is Another Story

42. Pingback: Reflections Of Her Soul | awisewomansjourney

43. Deborah says:

Glad that you, your health, and your prompts are returning! 🙂 ❤
    Reflection Of Her Soul – https://awisewomansjourney.wordpress.com/2021/01/22/reflections-of-her-soul/

Liked by 3 people

44. I was so happy to see this post, Sue. I’ve missed your write-photos prompt. But just do what you can do without overtaxing yourself. There’s no reason we can’t make the effort to click on links. Now, I have to get writing!

45. Pingback: Love’s Return [fanfic 105] | Light Motifs II

46. Pingback: Revolution # writephoto – freshdaisiesdotme

47. daisybala says:

Hi Sue! So glad to be participating in the write photo prompt after a long hiatus 😊 https://freshdaisiesdotme.wordpress.com/2021/01/22/revolution-writephoto/

Liked by 2 people

48. Pingback: The Sage Of Wednesdays #writephoto #creativewriting #humour | TanGental

49. Pingback: renderings | method two madness

50. Pingback: Last Act – Humble, but Humorous

51. Sandi says:

Hi,
    I myself just returned to blogging after a 2-year break. Here’s my take on the photo – https://humblebuthumorous.com/2021/01/24/last-act/

52. V.M.Sang says:

Not one of my better efforts, but here it is.
    This is the second try to post. The first time I got a message saying my comment boucl not be posted!

Liked by 3 people

53. Pingback: A lone star – Kitty's Verses

54. kittysverses says:

Hi Sue,
    Thank you for running the challenge. Here’s my take :-
    Thank you all for stopping by and reading.

55. Pingback: Solitaire | Na'ama Yehuda

56. So so glad to see you posting this again – you’ve been in my heart and on my mind.
    Do what you can.
    It is good to just SEE you here. 🙂
    My contribution: https://naamayehuda.com/2021/01/24/solitaire/
    With much care …
    Na’ama

Liked by 2 people

57. Absolutely best of luck with the new prompt! I’ll find time eventually to join in one. 😉

58. LucciaGray says:

Hi Sue, I’m sorry you haven’t been well, but I’m glad you’re now well enough to host the photo prompt challenge again. I haven’t taken part in many prompts over the last year, there was too much going on in my life and it’s been a challenging year for everyone. Thank you for making the effort to get the challenge back on its feet. I’ll be checking it out and taking part now and again. I hope you recover completely, soon. All the best, Lucy.

59. Pingback: #WritePhoto ‘The Shepherd’ #Tanka | Rereading Jane Eyre

60. Jules says:

I missed this prompt – So I combined The Return with Guarded.
    You can see the link to the Hexastitch trio at the ‘Guarded’ prompt post.

Positive thoughts for healing your way. ((Hugs)) Jules

Liked by 2 people

61. Pingback: nd 1.28 Cornerstones? 2p – Jules Pens Some Gems…