Thursday photo prompt: Presence #writephoto

#writephotoWelcome to this week’s writephoto prompt.

You can find all last week’s entries in the weekly round-up, which was published earlier today.

Throughout the week, I will feature as many of the responses here on the Daily Echo as time and space allows, usually in the order in which they are submitted. Please be aware that I tend to schedule reblogs in advance and these spaces fill quickly so an early submission is more likely to be reblogged.

All posts will be featured in the weekly round-up on Thursday, 16th January at 10am GMT, linking back to the original posts of contributors.

Use the image below as inspiration to create a post on your own blog… poetry, prose, humour… light or dark, whatever you choose, as long as it is fairly family-friendly.

Submit your link by noon (GMT)  Wednesday 15th January.

Link back to this post with a pingback (Hugh has an excellent tutorial here)  and/or leave a link in the comments below, to be included in the round-up.

Use the #writephoto hashtag in your title so your posts can be found.

There is no word limit and no style requirements, except that your post must take inspiration from the image and/or the prompt word in the title of the post.

Feel free to use #writephoto logo or include the prompt photo in your post if you wish, or you may replace it with one of your own to illustrate your work.

By participating in the #writephoto challenge, please be aware that your post may be featured as a reblog on this blog and I will link to your post for the round-up each week.

Regular contributors are also welcome to come over as my guest and introduce themselves (click here for details).

Please note: As I do not share my political opinions on this blog, please do not use the challenge as a platform from which to share yours. Party political or racially offensive posts will not be reblogged.

This week’s prompt ~ Presence

(If you know where this was taken… please keep the location to yourselves until the prompt has ended so as not to seed preconceptions for other writers.)

For visually challenged writers, the image shows an old photograph of a pathway lined with standing stones leading through a flower-filled meadow.

This entry was posted in photo prompt, Photography, Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

106 Responses to Thursday photo prompt: Presence #writephoto

1. Pingback: Thursday Photo Prompt- Presence # WritePhoto – Keep it alive

2. Pingback: Still Presence #writephoto – The Light Behind the Story

3. Pingback: #Writephoto ~ Presence #Poetry | anita dawes and jaye marie

4. Anita Dawes says:

I have an idea that the pingback will fail, so here’s the link, Sue… Lovely prompt this week!

5. Pingback: Men Were Here | A Bunch of Dumb Words in a Row

6. Pingback: Ghosts and Butterflies #writephoto (188 words) – Western Angels

7. Pingback: PRESENCE – Iain Kelly

8. Iain Kelly says:

Happy New Year Sue. An intriguing photo to return to 🙂

9. Pingback: Presence – A poem by Goff James | Art, Photography and Poetry

10. Goff James says:

Hi,Sue. Another excellent prompt. Here is my response and submission to photo prompt ‘Presence’ – Haiku/Presence. Here is the link https://goffjamesart.wordpress.com/2020/01/09/presence-a-poem-by-goff-james/ . Have a great day. Goff

11. OH, love this. You know I love these photos. You’ll let us know after? 😉

12. Pingback: Outdated #writephoto – Reena Saxena

13. Pingback: Embers Hot As Coals | Na'ama Yehuda

14. Beautiful! Is this your photo, ‘aged’ or an archived photo? Wasn’t sure about credit.
    Here’s mine, for these moments in time …
    Na’ama

15. Pingback: Presence – Of Wind and Wings | Trent's World (the Blog)

16. trentpmcd says:

Hi Sue. Cool old photo. I went back to an old serialized story I wrote for your prompts, Of Wind and Wings, and fit this in: https://trentsworldblog.wordpress.com/2020/01/09/presence-of-wind-and-wings/

17. Pingback: #writephoto 1-9-20 – The Bag Lady

18. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt: Presence #writephoto | willowdot21

19. Pingback: Presence #Writephoto | forgottenmeadows

20. Pingback: Astronomical Monuments – A Unique Title For Me

21. I loved last week’s photo. Just saying. I intended to write something and it fits with part of the story but got bogged down in a rewrite. I’ll try and use it anyway.

22. Pingback: Discolored past – Reverie in reverse

23. I came back this week and just in time for such a lovely picture! https://phillipknightscott.com/2020/01/09/discolored-past/

24. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt: Presence #writephoto | Morpethroad

25. Thank you for hosting, Sue.
    Here is my contribution this week.
    Pingback: https://michele-jones.com/presence/

26. Pingback: Presence #writephoto | Of Glass & Paper

27. Pingback: Presence #writephoto Colleen's 2020 Weekly #Tanka Tuesday #Poetry Challenge No. 159, #PoetsChoice | But I Smile Anyway...

28. janmalique says:

I’ll post mine later today Due.

29. janmalique says:

I meant Sue!🙂

30. Pingback: Presence #WritePhoto – Quiet Corner

31. Hi Sue,
    I missed last week because I was busy. Here is my entry for this week.
    Warm Regards,
    Jai

32. Pingback: The Lore Of Old Stone #writephoto | TanGental

33. Pingback: “Essence” ©J.E.Goldie thursday-photo-prompt-presence-writephoto Jan. 9 2020 | Starlight and Moonbeams

34. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt: Presence #writephoto – theindieshe

35. Pingback: Standing Alone ~ #writephoto | rivrvlogr

36. Pingback: "Visions of the Past," #flash#fiction, #writephoto, #MondayBlogs – Word Craft ~ Prose and Poetry

37. Pingback: MALAYSIAN HAIKU/SENRYU ECHOES 519: PRESENCE | wonkywizard

38. wonkywizard says:

Thank you Sue for another photo prompt, with an interesting theme of PRESENCE.
    Here is my response:

Dr. Lim Keng Huat, http://www.wonkywizard.wordpress.com

39. Pingback: Rock of Ages - Poetry For Healing

40. Pingback: H2O #flashfiction – Hugh's Views & News

41. Pingback: “Interaction” (Tanka) Thursday Photo Prompt – Presence – Beckie's Mental Mess

42. Pingback: Pray for AUSTRALIA – What she wrote next