Eclipsed

Dark
Magic
Enchanting
The noonday sky
Casting its shadow
Upon the minds of men
The known becomes the unknown
Primal emotion seeping through
Cracks civilisation’s illusions
Constants hidden and thrown into question
Despite itself logic loses control
Great Nature reminds us of our place
Reliant upon her bounty
Life and death are in her gift
Children of earth and stars
Turn towards the source
To watch and wait
Unveiling
Shadowed
Light

Double etheree for Colleen’s poetry challenge

This entry was posted in Photography, Poetry and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

35 Responses to Eclipsed

1. A most amazing poem, Sue. Full of truth.

Amazing double etheree, Sue…

3. Beautiful, Sue. I love the mystical feel of this.

4. Alli Templeton says:

Another hauntingly beautiful poem, Sue. Very true. I would say it’s a gem of a poem, but it’s not – it’s a diamond! πŸ˜‰

5. memadtwo says:

Just when we think we have it figured out, the cosmos interrupts…but of course you conveyed that much more beautifully. (K)

6. You captured everything I feel resonating throughout the world, right now, Sue. I too, turn to source always looking for answers but finding none. Nature does soothe the soul. My morning walks sustain me and fill me with joy. I love your words. ❀

Absolutely marvelous Sue so well written, so true πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

8. Wonderful, Sue! The given shape powers the poem too. Michael

9. dgkaye says:

Beautiful double Sue. A haunting, yet beautiful truth. ❀

10. Vashti Q says:

Hi, Sue! You had me with ‘Dark magic enchanting the noonday sky.’ I loved your double Etheree. It’s perfect for October and Halloween. πŸ˜€ xo