Thursday photo prompt: Beyond #writephoto

#writephoto

Use the image below as inspiration to create a post on your own blog… poetry, prose, humour… light or dark, whatever you choose, by noon (GMT)  Wednesday 24th April  and link back to this post with a pingback to be included in the round-up.  There is no word limit and no style requirements, except to keep it fairly family friendly.

For visually challenged writers, the image shows a rainbow-rayed sun shinging through the apex of a triangle created by two trees leaning together. The viewer stands on dark, shadowed ground,while the gap through the trees leads to a brilliant green lawn.

All posts will be featured in the round-up on Thursday April 25th at 10am GMT, linking back to the original posts of contributors. Throughout the week I will feature as many of the responses here on the Daily Echo as space allows and (more or less) in the order in which they come in.

You can find all last week’s entries in the weekly round-up. Please visit and read the stories and poems and explore the sites of their writers. I will feature as many contributions as I can on the blog during the week.

Please link your post to this by creating a pingback. If you are unsure of how to create a pingback, Hugh has an excellent tutorial here.

Pingbacks need to be manually approved, so either check back to make sure that the pingback has appeared or simply copy and paste your link into the comments section of this post.

Feel free to use #writephoto logo or include the prompt photo in your post if you wish or you can replace it with one of your own to illustrate your work. Don’t forget to use the #writephoto hashtag in your title so your posts can be found.

The invitation is still open to all writephoto regulars to come and introduce themselves on the blog as my  guest!

Click here for details

Have fun!

This entry was posted in photo prompt, Photography, Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

141 Responses to Thursday photo prompt: Beyond #writephoto

1. Pingback: Thursday Photo prompt: Beyond. #writephoto. | willowdot21

Hi Sue what a beautiful photo it took me right back to Cumbria and it spoke to me.
    Here is my poem 💜

3. Pingback: Reflections so clever – Reena Saxena

4. Pingback: Thursday Photo Prompt— Beyond #Writephoto – Keep it alive

5. Pingback: Beyond #writephoto | But I Smile Anyway...

6. Ritu says:

Just a little poetic addition to Reena and Jay’s camping fun last week!

7. Pingback: BEYOND THE LIGHT – Iain Kelly

8. Iain Kelly says:

Lovely Sue – I can never seem to find a happy story in your uplifting photos though…!

9. Pingback: #writephoto: Solstice – Jane Dougherty Writes

10. First thoughts came out as a poem. I might get a story later.

11. Pingback: U is for under the tree – Ladyleemanila

12. Pingback: Beyond #writephoto | the moon is rising...

13. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt: Beyond #writephoto – Uncle Fred | Morpethroad

14. Pingback: Beyond What’s Beyond #writephoto | Trent's World (the Blog)

15. trentpmcd says:

A busy day, so I just got the chance to sit down with this. For some reason, I had dark thoughts when looking at the photo. I had just written a nuclear war story, so I had to go with this. OK, I should say a little dark humor… https://trentsworldblog.wordpress.com/2019/04/18/beyond-whats-beyond-writephoto/

16. Pingback: A poem and a challenge #writephoto | Ann Writes Inspiration

17. Pingback: Beyond | Light Motifs II

18. Pingback: “Fond Recollections” (Poem) Sue Vincents Write Photo Prompt-Beyond/Word of The Day Challenge – Reminiscent – Beckie's Mental Mess

19. Pingback: Beyond #Writephoto Prompt and Napowrimo Day 18 | forgottenmeadows

20. Thank you as always Sue for sharing your wonderful prompts here is my response – https://forgottenmeadows.wordpress.com/2019/04/18/beyond-writephoto-prompt-and-napowrimo-day-18/

21. Pingback: #writephoto — The New Clear Winter – This, That, and The Other

22. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt: Decisions #writephoto | Tessa Can Do It! Positivity is Catching!

23. wonkywizard says:

Sorry, posted wrongly again. Here is my response in haiku/senryu:

Dr. Lim Keng Huat, http://www.wonkywizard.wordpress.com

24. Pingback: Haiku: Into The World | The Dark Netizen

25. Hey Sue! 🙂
    Here’s my take on the prompt:

Happy reading! 🙂

26. Pingback: Rays of Hope #writephoto – Reflections of life

27. Pingback: Preparing For A Return To The Gold Standard #writephoto #flashfiction | TanGental

28. Pingback: Circuits | method two madness

29. Pingback: Abecedarian Advise: a #TankaProse – Frank J. Tassone

30. Pingback: Whatever Lies Beyond | Padre's Ramblings

31. Pingback: What they didnt teach you in astronomy# Writephoto – freshdaisiesdotme

32. Pingback: Solstice Jane Dougherty #writephoto | Sue Vincent's Daily Echo

33. Oh bother, I did my ping back to the wrong post, Sue. Anyhow, here is my entry for this week: https://robertawrites235681907.wordpress.com/2019/04/20/writephoto-beyond/

34. Pingback: Whispers of Wonder – #writephoto – #NaPoWriMo – #AprilWriting – #poetry | Night Owl Poetry - Dorinda Duclos

35. Pingback: #Writephoto ~ Beyond #Poetry | anita dawes and jaye marie

36. Patty says:

A bunch of great stuff here.
    Sue, I’ve had some issue going on with the reblog button and still haven’t managed to figure it out but I did share on all my social media and asked my assistant Claire Plaisted of Plaisted Publishing House to put it onto the blog as soon as she is able.
    I’ve an idea for this but not sure I’ll manage it before the deadline or not.
    Either way great job all.

37. Pingback: Back to Beyond – Kyt Wright

38. Pingback: Beyond | Willow Poetry

39. Hélène - Willow Poetry says:

Thank you Sue, always wonderful photos for the prompts.

40. Pingback: Beyond… (#writephoto) | Abandoned Amenities

41. Not sure if my comment and link made it over here–just in case not, I said that your prompts are always so good, Sue 🙂 https://abandonedamenities.com/2019/04/20/beyond-writephoto/

42. Sorry for the duplicates–yikes!! 🙂

43. Another great turnout this week. Here is my take on the prompt.

44. Pingback: Beyond Cinderella | Thru Violet's Lentz

45. Violet Lentz says:

Here’s my offering for the week, Sue. Thank you for the lovely inspiration.

46. Pingback: Beyond the Light #Writephoto | Myths of the Mirror

47. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt: Beyond #writephoto | From the Window Seat

48. Tien Skye says:

Hello, this is my first time joining this prompt. I hope I did the prompt justice 🙂

49. No story from me, but putting a text description of the photo is awesome.

50. Pingback: The trees sing for you .. – Prats Corner

51. ladynimue says:

This one went all places and finally I could trap my thoughts here –

52. Pingback: “O.K. Einstein” in response to the Thursday Photo Prompt “Beyond” #Writephoto Apr. 18, 2019 by Jen Goldie – Jen Goldie – A little this, a little that, some real and some imaginings.

53. Pingback: #NaPoWriMo Day 23 ‘Entwined’ #poetrymonth #April #Writephoto #Tanka | Rereading Jane Eyre

54. Pingback: One o’ These Days/Beyond #writephoto | Notes to Women

55. Pingback: Thursday Photo Prompt- Blessings #writephoto – SOUL CONNECTION

56. Sue, I just finished writing my fourth novel. I just sent it off to my editor and now, I can get back to doing #WritePrompt, my favorite thing to do! Karen 🙂