Fickle #midnighthaiku

Image | This entry was posted in Photography, Poetry and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Fickle #midnighthaiku

1. Noah Weiss says:

On one day it rains
    The next hour flurries will fly
    Vernal mystery

Liked by 2 people

2. This Winter’s history!
    Bring on a jubilant Spring!
    Bloom, bloom, pretty buds!

For Sue! ♥

3. Anne Copeland says:

As I read these beautiful writings by so many people, I feel a part of my inner being coming alive. I realize that I have been in a state of slumber of my mind. I have created, but a part of me wrote, but another larger part of me had gone underground so to speak, waiting for something to bring life to my spirit once again. I had been productive in some respects, attending an online university and getting still another degree, this one in Criminal Justice. I am not really sure why I went into that field, though I tell others I wanted to work with Juvenile Delinquents, which in part was quite true. But it was as though a part of me was lost, and I had to become the detective to help find that part of me again. My creative writing, creativity in art, and in living in general had pretty much gone someplace else. I no longer looked at my paints, or viewed a fabric with any sense of adventure lurking ahead.
    And then it happened. I became ill. The Big C. And so I went thru a sort of death and rebirth, trying to sort out not only the choices I would need to make without so much as a roadmap to help me determine what would happen if I went down the wrong road. Or was there a wrong road? In the end, after a surgery, I decided to do nothing. My age said I wanted to live and that if this chose to return, I could perhaps just do another surgery. Nothing further to decide.
    The day after it was over, I went to a music festival and I danced. And danced. And danced. It WAS good to be alive, and good to have someone by my side to help me to remember that soul who was still me. I did a little art, and I worked on some books. But it was not the same. I could do it competently, but when I look at the works of others who write here, I knew something was gone. Would it ever come back? Would I ever be able to sit down and create art with the same hunger to put life into every color of paint, every dye, every fabric or every rock I collected? I still wonder as I enjoy wandering through the pages I find here, surrounded by the most creative universe of wonderful souls that I encounter every day now.
    I want to get back that energy flow, that wild and crazy part of myself that I know is there somewhere perhaps not too far away. I want every day to begin with adventure of my soul into the world I have known and loved so much. I want to fly, and to remember . . .

It is easy to get lost in life, but never easy to find the way back. On the other hand, finding the way forward is a matter of simply placing you foot on the path you choose. We may not know where it leads…but there is always adventure waiting if we keep walking 😉

4. Widdershins says:

Snow, again? … or is that hail? 🙂

5. That looks more like hail. —- Suzanne

6. Dalo 2013 says:

Fantastic shot ~ and of course, description 🙂

7. macjam47 says:

Lovely poem, Sue! We had snow yesterday! Spring sure is fickle!