Enforced abstention

I’ve been living on just toast and yoghurt this week,
Which is okay, but not all that nice,
And especially when there is chocolate around,
I admit, a perennial vice.

But my innards are wonky, my back has gone south
And my throat is all miserable too,
So in the best interests of getting them right,
Well, what else is a hobbit to do?

Just to make matters worse, I must cook every day,
For my son, though he’s eating alone,
And as its cordon bleu, it’s as if, I aver
There are sins for which I must atone.

For I sniff the aromas and taste herbs and spice,
And ingredients from far and wide,
But I whimper and drool and I feel like a fool
When I serve and there’s no place to hide.

For his kitchen is heaven for any good cook,
An explosion for tastebuds and smell…
But it’s no paradise, and I have to think twice
‘Cause for me, it’s not heaven but hell.

But let’s look on the bright side, it’s doing me good,
Though it isn’t much fun for my taste,
There’s no point in whining, abstention’s refining
And doing great things for my waist.

Image result for diet cartoon funny

This entry was posted in Life, Love and Laughter, Poetry and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

41 Responses to Enforced abstention

1. Ritu says:

Oh Sue! Poor you! Now if my mother in law had read that, she would have even taken your yoghurt away, on account of your throat issues!
    Feel better soon, but at least there is one positive! Anything that helps lose weight ! 😉

2. Reblogged this on Chris The Story Reading Ape's Blog and commented:
    Even in sickness, Sue cooks up a great poem 😀

3. quiall says:

hahaha Loved it! “I need to eat a skinny person” hahaha

4. Mary Smith says:

So sorry, Sue. Hope you will be able to have chocolate again soon. A terrible penance for whatever you did!

5. Sorry you’re ailing, but enjoyed your Poem! Get better! ♥

6. Oh, how horrid for you Sue. I hope that you are soon feeling better and can enjoy some tasty food again! xx

7. Toast and yogurt does sound a bit unappealing, Sue. I hope you feel better soon.

8. noelleg44 says:

Bravo, Sue! Hope your wonky innards get right soon. I can’t eat yoghurt – it takes my innards and makes them wonky!

9. Widdershins says:

Hmm … the gizzards misbehaving? … may they, and your back recover swiftly. 🙂

10. Between one thing and another, I’ve been to tired to eat. You’d think with the little I eat I’d be getting thinner wouldn’t you? I asked the nurse about that — I had lost 2 whole pounds since last year (wow) and she said “Yes, but your metabolism has dropped off too.” You just can’t win.

There ought to be at least one plus in with the minuses.

11. macjam47 says:

So sorry you’re not up to snuff. Take care and feel better soon. I loved the cartoon at the end! Love and hugs. ❤️❤️❤️