Thursday photo prompt – Sight #writephoto

#writephoto

Every Thursday at noon GMT, I publish one of my photos as a writing prompt.

This week, incredibly, will be the 80th writephoto prompt! I really would like to say a huge thank you to everyone who has joined in so far, especially to those who have been with us from the earliest prompts and keep on coming back. The breadth of imagination we have seen is amazing.

Throughout the week I will feature a number of the responses here on the Daily Echo as space allows. Every week, a full round-up of posts will be published linking back to the original posts of contributors.

You can find all last week’s entries in the weekly round-up. Please visit and read the stories and poems and explore the sites of their writers. I feature as many contributions as I can on the blog during the week, but given the volume of contributions that may not be all of them!

Use the image below as inspiration to create a post on your own blog… poetry, prose, humour… light or dark, whatever you choose, by noon (GMT)  Wednesday 6th September and link back to this post with a pingback. If you are unsure of how to create a pingback, Hugh has an excellent tutorial here.

Pingbacks need to be manually approved, so either check back to make sure that the pingback has appeared or simply copy and paste your link into the comments section of this post.

The best way to ensure your post is featured is to send it well before the deadline but all posts will be included in a round up on Thursday 7th September.

Feel free to use #writephoto logo or include the prompt photo in your post if you wish or you can replace it with one of your own to illustrate your work. Don’t forget to use the #writephoto hashtag in your title so your posts can be found.

Have fun!

This entry was posted in photo prompt, Photography, Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

102 Responses to Thursday photo prompt – Sight #writephoto

1. Pingback: Sight #writephoto | But I Smile Anyway...

2. Ritu says:

Here you are Sue! Short n sweet!

3. Pingback: A brave, new world – Reena Saxena

4. Pingback: Sight – #writephoto | Trent's World (the Blog)

5. trentpmcd says:

I love this photo. That hole looks just like an eye, which, of course, feeds right into my story… Thinking of that, here is the next installment: https://trentsworldblog.wordpress.com/2017/08/31/sight-writephoto/

6. Congratulations Sue on your 80th #writephoto prompt, I can’t believe how quickly that time has gone!

Liked by 2 people

7. Pingback: Sight #writephoto – Of Glass & Paper

8. janmalique says:

Congratulations Sue! Your prompts have helped me enormously, got the old grey cells moving. I will be taking part and will post soon.

9. Pamela Morse says:

This one is on target. Very cool, Sue. You keep us inspired.

10. Pingback: Eye of the Storm #writephoto | rivrvlogr

11. Pingback: The Opening — #writephoto Sight – Poetry, Short Prose and Walking

12. janmalique says:

I’ve posted my entry Sue.
    strangegoingsonintheshed.wordpress.com/2017/08/31/dark-foretelling-sight-writephoto/

13. Pingback: #WritePhoto In Sight | mermaidcamp

14. Pingback: Iris | I Have Pretty Strong Convictions, I Guess

15. Congratulations on the 80th prompt. Wow, that is a year and a half plus two weeks, it’s a long time. I’ll have mine in after doing some chores!

16. Pingback: #writephoto Response: The other side | The Writing Process

17. Kim says:

Thank you for the photo! Congrats on 80 prompts! Here is my response:

Liked by 2 people

18. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt – Sight #writephoto – Foresight. | Morpethroad

19. goroyboy says:

Fear No Evil by Raymond Roy. #writephoto | goroyboy’s Blog

Thanks Sue and congratulations on the 80th prompt!

20. This is inspiring. Reminds me of an Odin’s stone, Hag’s stone, Fey stone…something used to see otherworldly things. That or a handfasting or binding ritual. This is fantastic.

21. rugby843 says:

Congratulations on the number of posts. I like this challenge.

22. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt – Sight #writephoto | The Shower of Blessings

23. Pingback: The Mole People – This, That, and The Other

24. Pingback: Sight #Writephoto | Myths of the Mirror

25. Pingback: #Writephoto – Passage – The Bag Lady

26. Pingback: #Writephoto – Sight – a poem – Robbie's inspiration

27. Hi Sue, it seems that I too have taken a rather different road this week with my contribution [wink]. Here is is https://robbiesinspiration.wordpress.com/2017/09/02/writephoto-sight-a-poem/comment-page-1/#comment-9261

28. Pingback: Sue Vincent Thursday Photo Prompt. Soght | willowdot21

29. Pingback: September, looking… – writing in north norfolk

30. kim881 says:

Sorry I missed last week’s prompt, Sue, and for being a bit late with this one. I hope it does justice to the 80th #writeprompt!

31. Pingback: Sight #writephoto | The Story Files

32. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt – Sight #writephoto – Ladyleemanila

33. Pingback: Sight #writephoto | NIGHT UNLATCHED

34. If this is too late, I don’t mind if it’s not in the round-up:
    I enjoyed doing your prompt 🙂

35. Pingback: the other side | method two madness

36. Pingback: Stolen – #writephoto – In Emma World

37. emhyde says:

Hi Sue, Happy 80th Prompt! May there be many more. I managed to churn out quite a lengthy story this week, so I hope you’re sitting comfortably!:

38. Pingback: Thursday Photo Prompt-The Second Birth #writephoto – SOUL CONNECTION

39. Pingback: Magic, Fey, A Year and A Day #WritePhoto | Lemon Shark Reef

40. Pingback: Microfiction #writephoto: Balor’s Eye – Jane Dougherty Writes

41. I’m way behind with the prompts, but I treated myself to a half-hour break this afternoon and wrote this.