Thursday photo prompt – Alone #writephoto

#writephoto

Every Thursday at noon GMT, I publish one of my photos as a writing prompt. Throughout the week I will feature a number of the responses here on the Daily Echo as space allows. Every week, a full round-up of posts will be published linking back to the original posts of contributors.

You can find all last week’s entries in the weekly round-up. Please visit and read the stories and poems and explore the sites of their writers. I feature as many contributions as I can on the blog during the week, but given the volume of contributions that may not be all of them!

Use the image below as inspiration to create a post on your own blog… poetry, prose, humour… light or dark, whatever you choose, by noon (GMT)  Wednesday 16th August and link back to this post with a pingback. If you are unsure of how to create a pingback, Hugh has an excellent tutorial here.

Pingbacks need to be manually approved, so either check back to make sure that the pingback has appeared or simply copy and paste your link into the comments section of this post.

The best way to ensure your post is featured is to send it well before the deadline but all posts will be included in a round up on Thursday 17th August.

Feel free to use #writephoto logo or include the prompt photo in your post if you wish or you can replace it with one of your own to illustrate your work. Don’t forget to use the #writephoto hashtag in your title so your posts can be found.

Have fun!

This entry was posted in photo prompt, Photography, Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

77 Responses to Thursday photo prompt – Alone #writephoto

1. trentpmcd says:

Great photo. I’m leaving in a few minutes so doubt if I’ll have time to write my next chapter, at least not until next Wednesday, which might be a bit late…

Up the road from used to be “The Old Man in the Mountain”. It is still used as the symbol of my state, New Hampshire. Unfortunately, the face fell during a bad storm a few years ago.

2. Pingback: Mocking Shadows – Reena Saxena

3. Pingback: Alone – #writephoto – Towrds the Light | Trent's World (the Blog)

4. Reblogged this on ladyleemanila and commented:
    Sue’s new challenge 🙂

5. Pingback: Thursday-photo-prompt-alone.  | willowdot21

6. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt – Alone #writephoto – Ladyleemanila

7. Pingback: Pointless | rivrvlogr

8. Pingback: The Big Picture – This, That, and The Other

9. Pingback: Inglorious  – Journey

10. Pingback: The African Queen | Flip Flops Every day

11. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt – Alone #writephoto – All About Writing and more

12. Pingback: #WritePhoto Solo Peak | mermaidcamp

13. Pingback: Alone – writing in north norfolk

14. kim881 says:

Another beauty, Sue! I haven’t got around to reading last week’s round-up yet as I’ve had Ellen (pregnant daughter) here for a few days. But I’ll get there soon!

15. Pingback: Alone #writephoto | The Story Files

16. hrh66 says:

Here’s mine. Kinda sad but it reflects my mood at the moment which I always finds helps me right better stories. Thanks from the prompt. https://thestoryfiles.wordpress.com/2017/08/11/alone-writephoto/

17. Still deep in confusion with pingback system but seeing such a thoughtful photo have had another go at;

I found it, Bob. A comment always works, but you need to copy and paste the address of the post itself once it is published 🙂

• That is the problem, when I use the address from the webpage it takes people to somewhere else entirely, still working on it though.

Just tried it, Bob, and you are right… there seem to be lots of odd symbols in the title section of the url that is taking me to a ‘page not found’. Not at all sure what is happening there, but I’m afraid that if the url doesn’t work, even my link back to you in the round-up might not either…though the link in the reblog does.

Maybe try simpler titles… say just “Alone #writephoto” for example…give it less chance to play games.

18. Pingback: Alone #writephoto Joelle LeGendre | Sue Vincent's Daily Echo

19. Pingback: Alone #writephoto | But I Smile Anyway...

20. Ritu says:

I loved this photo Sue!
    No poem or story from me today, just a stream of consciousness brought to by your image!

21. Hello Sue. I finally managed a short response to this week’s photo prompt.

22. Pingback: Microfiction #writephoto: Paradise – Jane Dougherty Writes

23. Pingback: Last Chance – A Unique Title For Me

24. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt – Alone #writephoto | Morpethroad

25. Pingback: neelwrites/alonelyvigil/parttenofadangerouslove/fiction/358/12/08/2017 | neelwritesblog

26. Pingback: Lost Wings – Poetry, Short Prose and Walking

27. Pingback: Alone #writephoto – Of Glass & Paper

28. Pingback: #Write Photo Alone – A poem – Robbie's inspiration

29. Frank Hubeny says:

Nice photo for this week. I liked the color of the sky.

Here is what I came up with: https://frankhubeny.blog/2017/08/12/lost-wings/

30. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt-Sad Angel #writephoto – SOUL CONNECTION

31. Pingback: Alone #writephoto – Emotional Shadows

32. Pingback: Alone – #writephoto – In Emma World

33. emhyde says:

Hi Sue – stunning photo, wonderful colour! My entry for this week can be found here:

34. Pingback: Alone Atop the Atoll – Up Against Mortality