Thursday photo prompt: Wicker #writephoto

#writephoto

Welcme to this week’s writephoto prompt. If you know where the prompt photo was taken, please keep it to yourself until the prompt has closed so that imaginations can play without preconceptions ๐Ÿ™‚

Use the image below as inspiration to create a post on your own blogโ€ฆ poetry, prose, humourโ€ฆ light or dark, whatever you choose, by noon (GMT)ย ย Wednesday 22nd Mayย  andย link back to this post with a pingback to be included in the round-up.ย  There is no word limit and no style requirements, except to keep it fairly family friendly.

**Please note that many people on WordPress are having problems with pingbacks not getting through, so please also leave a comment on this post, linking back to your response to the prompt so that I know you have posted. **

For visually challenged writers, the image shows three figures that seem to be female and made of branches, with their hands joined.

This week, I am posting the image both in colour and in monochrome as the mood changes for each….take your pick!

All posts will be featured in the round-up on Thursday May 23rd at 10am GMT, linking back to the original posts of contributors. Throughout the week I will feature as many of the responses here on the Daily Echo as space allows and (more or less) in the order in which they come in.

You can find allย last weekโ€™s entriesย inย the weekly round-up.ย Please visit and read the stories and poems and explore the sites of their writers. I will feature as many contributions as I can on the blog during the week.

Please link your post to this by creating a pingback. If you are unsure of how to create a pingback, Hugh has an excellent tutorial here.

Pingbacks need to be manually approved, and many people are having problems with them not getting through at all, so either check back to make sure that the pingback has appeared or simply copy and paste your linkย into the comments section of this post.

Feel free to use #writephoto logo or include the prompt photo in your post if you wish or you can replace it with one of your own to illustrate your work. Donโ€™t forget to use theย #writephoto hashtag in your title so your posts can be found.

This entry was posted in photo prompt, Photography, Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

121 Responses to Thursday photo prompt: Wicker #writephoto

1. Pingback: All that I’ve been a part of – Reena Saxena

2. Alli Templeton says:

Ah, the ***โ€ฆ They’re impressive wicker people – and full size! ๐Ÿ™‚

3. Pingback: Wicker #writephoto | Trent's World (the Blog)

4. Frank Prem says:

Reblogged this on Frank Prem Poetry and commented:
    Another fine challenge from Sue Vincent at Daily Echo.

hmmm …

5. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt: Wicker #writephoto | willowdot21

6. Oh, I do like the feel of the monochrome! ๐Ÿ™‚ Thanks for both, Sue!

7. Pingback: [M.A.P.L.E. VIII-16] Back To The Park #writephoto | Never A Worry

8. Pingback: They Bowed | Na'ama Yehuda

9. How beautiful!
    This is the story the photo told me:
    Na’ama

Liked by 2 people

10. kytwright says:

A shorter lighter tale this week. ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™€๏ธ

Liked by 2 people

11. Jen Goldie says:

Oh! Nice ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ˜Š

Liked by 2 people

12. Pingback: The Sisters – #writephoto – #shortstory | Night Owl Poetry - Dorinda Duclos

13. Sometimes the pingbacks don’t work, so here’s mine ๐Ÿ™‚

14. Pingback: Wicker #writephoto | But I Smile Anyway...

15. Pingback: Iโ€™m Just Not Feeling It – This, That, and The Other

16. Pingback: Ancient Rhythm – Tanka | awisewomansjourney

17. Pingback: wicker (spring) women | Frank Prem Poetry

18. Frank Prem says:

Not sure if pingbacks are working, Sue. They take a while, sometimes. Here is mine: https://wp.me/p7yTr8-73L

Liked by 3 people

19. Pingback: โ€œSwing and Swayโ€ for Sue Vincentโ€™s photo Prompt Wicker#writephoto May 16, 2019 – Starlight and Moon Beams

20. Pingback: Who Can Suppress Love? – Emotional Shadows

21. balroop2013 says:

Hi Sue, Lovely prompt! This is my contribution: Thanks for the inspiration.

22. Pingback: Wicker #writephoto | Of Glass & Paper

23. Pingback: Wicker #Writephoto | Myths of the Mirror

24. Pingback: #writephoto: Rushes – Jane Dougherty Writes

25. I should have used the black and white image. I hadn’t noticed it somehow when I took the screenshot. Never mind, works the same in colour ๐Ÿ™‚

26. Pingback: #writephoto โ€” Burned in Effigy – This, That, and The Other

27. Pingback: Assemblage #writephoto – belas bright ideas

28. Pingback: Thursday Photo Promptโ€”Wicker #Writephoto โ€”Three sisters – Keep it alive

29. I don’t see my pingback, Sue, so here’s my take on the prompt. Thanks for the great image. https://mythsofthemirror.com/2019/05/17/wicker-writephoto/

30. Pingback: “Salem Spells” Word of The Day Challenge – Anomaly & #WritePhoto – Thursday’s Photo Prompt – Beckie's Mental Mess

31. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt: Wicker #writephoto | Tessa Can Do It! Positivity is Catching!

32. Pingback: Unenchanted #writephoto #amwriting – Sascha Darlington's Microcosm Explored

33. Pingback: Wicker #WritePhoto | The Story Files

34. Pingback: Love In A Hot Kitchen #writephoto | TanGental

35. Pingback: In Three They Come | God Is I Am

36. msuzanneb says:

Thank you Sue for a fun and provoking photo to work with. Mary

37. Pingback: Wicker #writephoto | Willow Poetry

38. Hรฉlรจne - Willow Poetry says:
  39. I hope I’m not being a bother – but I loved this photo and decided to do one this week! I don’t think the pingback happened, so here’s a little poem.

40. Loved this one, Sue. Thanks for another great prompt.
    Here is my contribution: https://www.michele-jones.com/the-three/

41. Pingback: Bubble Bubble – #writephoto – Let Me Tell You the Story of…

42. Pingback: #Writephoto – The Siren Witch – Roberta Writes

43. Hi Sue, thanks for another great prompt. Here is my story – I aimed to write a little light-hearted tale ๐Ÿ™‚ https://chrisjmitchell.com/the-wicker-three-short-story/

44. Pingback: Three is the perfect number for making a family # Writephoto | | With Nature-tanusrirchokhe

45. Tanusri sen says:

Thanks so much ๐Ÿ™

46. Pingback: Three blonde witches : Wicker # Writephoto – freshdaisiesdotme

47. Pingback: Reticulaton – K.

48. memadtwo says:

Here’s another one I finally finished…