Rooted #writephoto

Lives
Growing
Together
Hearts and heartwood
Opening portals
Breathing each other’s breath
Rooted in each other’s life
Seedlings of stars and hearts of earth
Intertwined and interdependent
Knowing much but understanding little
We seek your shelter and forget to care
Pages of your life preserve our words
We shape and hew and then destroy
Carving our names on your skin
In the name of romance
We burn your bodies
You consume ours
Carrying
Prayers
Deep

This entry was posted in photo prompt, Photography, Poetry and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to Rooted #writephoto

1. Ritu says:

Gorgeous ❤️

2. Pingback: Rooted #writephoto — Sue Vincent’s Daily Echo – yazım'yazgısı (typography)

This is just so beautiful, and a voice we should listen to. 💜

4. When the trees go, they’ll take us with them, in one way or another.

5. Alli Templeton says:

You are a true wordsmith, Sue. I love – ‘we seek your shelter and forget to care’. A beautiful and gentle line that packs a punch, because it’s true. And it’s not right. There have been some particularly good responses to this picture and I’ll bet they’ve started a few meaningful conversations, so a particularly good choice this time.

Incidentally, is that top picture those the gorgeous trees on the surrounding earthworks of Avebury?

It is indeed. Quite unmistakable aren’t they ?

• Alli Templeton says:

Yes, they certainly are. I’ve been there a couple of times and they’re really something. Up there with some of the more memorable trees I’ve had the privilege of meeting. But didn’t the NT close that part of the site off recently? I’d love to go back but would rather wait ’til I can go all the way round and see those tree masters again.

Another of my absolute favourite trees is the Sycamore Gap in Hadrian’s Wall. I adore it. One of my most abiding memories is from last year; I was sitting on it’s roots in the cool sunshine one early evening, with my feet up on Hadrian’s wall, gazing out into the peaceful wilderness beyond. It was sheer bliss. I love that tree so much I collected some fallen bits of twig to bring back as souvenirs. We’ve all got one now, and they’re really special to me. Apparently it’s the most photographed tree in Europe. 🙂

6. Dale says:

This was absolutely beautiful, Sue. And on top of that, the visual this made is lovely.

7. Wow! This is an amazing piece!

8. We burn your bodies
    You consume ours – this is a fascinating line, Sue.

9. Beautiful poem, Sue. ❤

10. Suzanne says:

This is lovely. I particularly like the physical shape of the poetic form. It adds weight to your words.