Invitation

At five o’clock the table’s laid,
The kettle’s boiled,
The scones are made.
The china’s polished, silver gleams
All ready for a guest it seems…

Yet here I sit,
I’m all alone,
The inbox empty,
Silent phone…

Will no-one send a new guest post?
I’m not a very scary host.
I’ll always try to do my best
So why not come and be my guest?

Free promotion for writers, artists, bloggers, poets and photographers.

wordcloud2

This entry was posted in Guest post, Humour, Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

49 Responses to Invitation

1. Ritu says:

Reblogged this on But I Smile Anyway… and commented:
    Open invitations folks. She’s a great host!!!

Liked by 2 people

2. I wish I could, but I’m barely keeping up my own site these days. Every time I go out and do anything, I feel like I’m not taking care of business. Which isn’t how I want to feel at all!

3. Shared on twitter, Sue. I will prepare a post for you if you don’t mind me sending it on Monday (I need the weekend as I am working tomorrow).

I did not realise that you were looking Sue, I never thought myself worthy of a guest post really. πŸ’— But i love tea and scones!

5. I’m joining you! I love scones. πŸ™‚ Will share this and let everyone know what a wonderful hostess you are.

6. adeleulnais says:

Reblogged this on firefly465 and commented:
    Help, Sue. Become a guest on her page, scones are not included. https://scvincent.com

Liked by 3 people

7. Reblogged this on Chris The Story Reading Ape's Blog and commented:
    WADDYAMEAN You can’t be bothered to send blog posts to Sue?
    The authors contributing posts to my blog are ecstatic about the responses and interactions they’re getting from my blog followers, as well as the distribution and sharing to other media.
    Sue’s blog has even more followers than mine does, so consider the possibilities folks, get your creative hats on and get those posts over to Sue NOW before it’s too late!!!

Liked by 4 people

8. I am having a senior moment as I have left comments and tried to reblog on Ritu’s post!!! Firstly, I would love to come over for another vist if it is open to previous guests?

Liked by 2 people

9. Reblogged this on Edwina's Episodes and commented:
    Let β€˜s see if we can help Sue out by popping over and writing a guest post for her. She is a wonderful host and so supportive of her fellow bloggers, it would be lovely to drop in πŸ™‚

Liked by 3 people

10. Robert says:

I’m working on a poem that I will send, soon.

Liked by 2 people

11. paulandruss says:

I’m going to get you something sorted Sue in the next few days and that’s a promise. Luv Paul X

Liked by 2 people

12. Soul Gifts says:

Saw Judy’s reblog and came over to say I’m willing to help out πŸ™‚ Any rules, conditions, preferred subject matter, how do I send it to you ?

13. Soul Gifts says:

Ooops – just saw the link with the info πŸ™‚ Of course, I now can’t delete what I sent, lol

14. Wishing you lots of guests Sue.😊

15. Marcia says:

Been traveling, and now recovering from the flu, but I will be contacting you very soon, Sue, rest assured! πŸ™‚ Sent this post out into the world, too. πŸ˜‰

16. Jemima Pett says:

I want to, I want to! But I’m chasing my tail at the moment πŸ™‚

17. felicity936 says:

Love the poem! And the invitation. Will try to send you something soon. When are you going to close the window?

18. I’m kind of nervous to do guest-blogging. I simply don’t know if I’m interesting enough, lol. I will try and come up with something for you though.

19. Reblogged this on Nicholas C. Rossis and commented:
    Sue Vincent with a generous invitation!