Thursday photo prompt: Storm #writephoto

Welcome to this week’s writephoto prompt.#writephoto

You can find all last week’s entries in the weekly round-up, which was published earlier today.

Throughout the week, I will feature as many of the responses here on the Daily Echo as time and space allows, usually in the order in which they are submitted. Please be aware that I tend to schedule reblogs in advance and these spaces fill quickly so an early submission is more likely to be reblogged.

All posts will be featured in the weekly round-up on Thursday, 20th February at 10am GMT, linking back to the original posts of contributors.

Use the image below as inspiration to create a post on your own blog… poetry, prose, humour… light or dark, whatever you choose, as long as it is fairly family-friendly.

Submit your link by noon (GMT)  Wednesday 19th February.

Link back to this post with a pingback (Hugh has an excellent tutorial here)  and/or leave a link in the comments below, to be included in the round-up.

Use the #writephoto hashtag in your title so your posts can be found.

There is no word limit and no style requirements, except that your post must take inspiration from the image and/or the prompt word in the title of the post.

Feel free to use #writephoto logo or include the prompt photo in your post if you wish, or you may replace it with one of your own to illustrate your work.

By participating in the #writephoto challenge, please be aware that your post may be featured as a reblog on this blog and I will link to your post for the round-up each week.

Regular contributors are also welcome to come over as my guest and introduce themselves (click here for details).

Please note: As I do not share my political opinions on this blog, please do not use the challenge as a platform from which to share yours. Party political or racially offensive posts will not be reblogged.

This week’s prompt ~ Storm

For visually challenged writers, the image shows stormy sky above a ruined tower, perched above earthen banks and ditches.

This entry was posted in photo prompt, Photography, Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

79 Responses to Thursday photo prompt: Storm #writephoto

1. Pingback: #writephoto – Beyond The Storm | Helen Jones

2. Helen Jones says:

Quick off the mark today 🙂 Thanks for another lovely prompt x

3. Pingback: THE COMING STORM – Iain Kelly

4. Iain Kelly says:

A bit of a historical storm this week, Sue. Good topical prompt, hope you have avoided any damage!

5. I pomed. A very fitting prompt for this week’s weather. My ceiling temporarily became a waterfall, and my bedroom got 2 litres of water. Hope you fared better!

6. Pingback: STORM – kimbladeswriting

7. Pingback: Look me in the eye #writephoto – Reena Saxena

8. Sue Vincent says:

I can, Kim… blame WP 😉

9. Pingback: The tower. – The Ederren

10. Happy Thursday,
    I quite like pictures like this, so hopefully it’s a good story to go with it.

Enjoy.

11. Pingback: Haiku – 'Storm' – A poem by Goff James | Art, Photography and Poetry

12. Pingback: Storm #Writephoto | forgottenmeadows

13. Goff James says:

Hi, Sue. Another great prompt. Now I wonder what inspired it? Here is my response to Thursday photo prompt: Storm #writephoto. Here is the link https://goffjamesart.wordpress.com/2020/02/13/haiku-storm-a-poem-by-goff-james/ .
    Have a great day.

14. inkdropk says:

My take on the photo , Sue – Enjoy (I’m sure the people in my piece – didn’t (sic)) – https://inkdrops.blog/2020/02/13/storm-4/

15. Pingback: nd 2.13 #99 Waiver(ing) 3p – Jules Pens Some Gems…

16. Pingback: The Way It Used To Be | Na'ama Yehuda

17. Love those moody photos. They always have a story to tell me! 😉
    Na’ama

18. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt: Storm #writephoto – theindieshe

19. Pingback: Storm – #writephoto | Observations of The Urban Spaceman

20. Pingback: Storm #Writephoto | Myths of the Mirror

21. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt: Storm #writephoto | willowdot21

22. Pingback: Storm #writephoto | Trent's World (the Blog)

23. trentpmcd says:

Hi Sue. It has been super busy, but I finally got a chance to sit down and write out my story: https://trentsworldblog.wordpress.com/2020/02/14/storm-writephoto/ I hope you enjoy this little valentine of a story 🙂

24. Pingback: #Writephoto ~ Storm #Poetry | anita dawes and jaye marie

25. Pingback: How Trusting Algorithms Saved Humanity #writephoto | TanGental

26. Pingback: Thursday Photo Prompt- Storm # WritePhoto – Keep it alive

27. Pingback: #writephoto – The Bag Lady

28. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt: Storm #writephoto | Writer of Fantasy & Fiction

29. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt: Storm #writephoto – Ladyleemanila

30. Pingback: Storm #writephoto | Of Glass & Paper

31. Pingback: #Writephoto – Storm – Roberta Writes

32. Pingback: Storm #writephoto | The Story Files

33. Pingback: #writephoto: Cappamore – Jane Dougherty Writes

34. Pingback: oncoming storm – Tina Stewart Brakebill

35. Pingback: Realisation dawns – Kitty's Verses

36. kittysverses says:

Hi Sue,
    Thank you for running the challenge. Here’s my take :-
    Thank you all for stopping by and reading.

37. M K Lee says:

Hi Sue! Thank you for another lovely picture.
    Here is a drabble for this week: https://tellingtalesweb.wordpress.com/2020/02/18/writephoto-this-hill/

38. Pingback: METAMORPHOSE – IRINI