Thursday photo prompt: Shelter #writephoto

#writephoto

Every Thursday at noon GMT, I publish one of my photos as a writing prompt.  If you know where the photo was taken, please keep it to yourself until the challenge is closed. I usually share something about the place during the round-up.

Throughout the week I will feature as many of the responses here on the Daily Echo as space allows. Every week, a full round-up of posts will be published linking back to the original posts of contributors.

You can find all last week’s entries in the weekly round-up. Please visit and read the stories and poems and explore the sites of their writers. I feature as many contributions as I can on the blog during the week, but given the volume of contributions that will seldom  be all of them!

The best way to ensure your post is featured is to send it well before the deadline but all posts will be included in a round up on Thursday 12th April

Use the image below as inspiration to create a post on your own blog… poetry, prose, humour… light or dark, whatever you choose, by noon (GMT)  Wednesday 11th April and link back to this post with a pingback. There is no word limit and no style requirements, except to keep it fairly family friendly.

If you are unsure of how to create a pingback, Hugh has an excellent tutorial here.

Pingbacks need to be manually approved, so either check back to make sure that the pingback has appeared or simply copy and paste your link into the comments section of this post.

Feel free to use #writephoto logo or include the prompt photo in your post if you wish or you can replace it with one of your own to illustrate your work. Don’t forget to use the #writephoto hashtag in your title so your posts can be found.

Have fun!

This entry was posted in photo prompt, Photography, Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

81 Responses to Thursday photo prompt: Shelter #writephoto

1. What a cool photo. Straight out of Tolkien, Sue. Looks like a fun one. 🙂

2. Pingback: Shelter – #writephoto | Trent's World (the Blog)

3. trentpmcd says:

Intriguing photo. You were right, it fits perfectly into my story. Thinking of that, here is the next installment: https://trentsworldblog.wordpress.com/2018/04/05/shelter-writephoto/

4. Pingback: Secrets – Reena Saxena

5. I didn’t do the last one because I didn’t get anything immediately and didn’t have time to go back to it. Now all I can see is the Cookie Monster in the foliage! How am I going to get that out of my head?

6. The Militant Negro says:

Reblogged this on The Militant Negro™.

7. Pingback: #writephoto — Wake Up Dead – This, That, and The Other

8. Fandango says:

Here’s mine, Sue. I hope you don’t mind that I doubled up and used this post also for today’s one-word prompt.

9. Pamela Morse says:

I like all these holes in rocks..this one is especially mystical.

10. A quick scribble but you might have to look more closely at the photo to see what I saw at http://bobfairfield.org/2018/04/05/thursday-photo-prompt-shelter-writephoto/

11. Pingback: #NaPoWriMo2018 #WritePhoto Shelter | mermaidcamp

12. James says:

I’m up to my eyes in work right now, so I won’t be able to give this a lot of attention for a while. Hopefully have something in a day or two.

13. Pingback: At the Caves #writephoto – Being in Nature

14. Suzanne says:

What an amazing looking place. Here’s my response to your prompt -https://bloggingcalmandchaos.wordpress.com/2018/04/06/at-the-caves-writephoto/

15. Pingback: The Uneasy Pact | Powered by Robots

16. James says:

Here’s my submission and the next chapter in the adventures of the Davidson children: https://poweredbyrobots.com/2018/04/05/the-uneasy-pact/

17. Pingback: The Fugitive – #AtoZChallenge #BlogchatterA2Z #writephoto | jagahdilmein

18. Pingback: Shelter | I Have Pretty Strong Convictions, I Guess

19. Pingback: #writephoto – Shelter – #poetry | Night Owl Poetry - Dorinda Duclos

20. Pingback: Cave Dweller #writephoto | Wallie's Wentletrap

21. wallietheimp says:

Wallie and my response–“Cave Dweller”–https://wallieswentletrap.com/2018/04/07/cave-dweller-writephoto/

22. Pingback: The Shelter of the Shepherd – #writephoto | New2Writing

23. KL Caley says:

Hi Sue, loved the photo. I had so many ideas, I hope you like the one I’ve gone with. 🙂
    KL<3

24. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt: Shelter #writephoto – Ladyleemanila

25. Pingback: Divagate – Journey

26. Pingback: #WritePhoto – Shelter | But I Smile Anyway...

27. Ritu says:

A very silly thought this week Sue, kinda where my mind is right now, with all the intensive writing I’ve been doing, and the time away with the family!

28. Pingback: #writephoto: An unexpected guest – Jane Dougherty Writes

29. Finally wrote it. Looking through the comments, I wonder if other people saw what I saw. Going to have a read and find out.

30. Pingback: 31 xian (Seeking Union) | method two madness

31. Eric Pone says:

Here you go, Sue… Sorry for the delay I have been writing a lot of articles on Medium….getting paid finally to write!! Between the books and the articles, I may have enough for pancakes!

32. Pingback: The Optometrist and the Dragon #writephoto | Myths of the Mirror