Digital bunny

I shut my fingers in the door
And I can’t use them any more
They will not bend,
They will not press,
They’re little use to help me dress,
They can’t do buttons, keys or rings…
In fact, they can’t do many things.
I really need the fingers working
Lest it seem that I am shirking.
Pain all through my hand and wrist
My normal happy self is … well…
I’m not quite pleased, it isn’t funny
This is not a happy bunny.

Sue Vincent is a Yorkshire-born writer and one of the Directors of The Silent Eye, a modern Mystery School. She has written a number of books, both alone and with Stuart France, exploring ancient myths, the mysterious landscape of Albion and the inner journey of the soul. She is owned by a small dog who also blogs. Follow her at and on Twitter @SCVincent Find her books on Goodreads and follow her on Amazon worldwide to find out about new releases and offers. Email:
This entry was posted in Poetry and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

69 Responses to Digital bunny

1. Sri Sudha K says:

Did u really get hurt??? Take care Sue

Ouch! I dread to ask which hand it is, as you can usually manage (after a fashion) without the leading hand… whichever one it is, I hope you get the use of it soon. I tried to chop the tip of my finger off on Sunday, luckily it isn’t the one I type with!

3. Ritu says:

Oh ouch Sue!!! Feel better soon!

4. 😦 The bunny captures such sadness!! I hope it feels better quickly.

5. oh, poor bunny! was it the dudes over at Shey’s blog that shut the door on her fingers?!!!

6. quiall says:

I am so sorry . . .I’m trying not to laugh . . . he’s so cute! . . .and oops! Loved it!

7. Rae Longest says:

Precious and just in time for Easter!

8. OUCH – Hope nothing’s broken Sue – Get well SOOON πŸ΅β€πŸ«πŸ’πŸ·πŸΎ

9. Oh dear, Sue, that is most unfortunate. An excellent poem though so a tiny silver lining to the cloud.

10. Oh no, I am sorry you hurt yourself Sue and I hope your hand is soon better!
    I am sorry, but I DID laugh but only because the poem was so good! πŸ™‚

11. barbtaub says:

You poor thing. Hope those fingers are on a happier bunny soon.

12. Eliza Waters says:

Oh, dear, is this a message from the Universe to take a blogging break?
    So sorry about your pain, Sue. I hope you mend swiftly!

13. Hope it wasn’t a CAR door. I did that. OUCH. it gets better pretty fast, but for a writer … double ouch.

14. Marcia says:

Ouch, ouch, ouch! I hurt just reading that. But I loved the poem, anyway. Clever!

Better this morning…very stiff though.

• Marcia says:

My suggestion is, don’t do that any more! I once had a car door slam on my hand and latch in place. It dented my hand so deep, the ER folks thought I’d broken every bone. Nope. Not a one. But I couldn’t use that hand for a week. I hurt just thinking about you slamming your fingers! Oh, man!! I hope it feels MUCH better, every day! Lots of love and healing energy comin’ atcha. ❀

15. I’m so sorry you’re hurting, Sue. 😦

16. Reblogged this on Musings on Life & Experience and commented:
    Sue’s unhappy accident.

17. Erik says:

So sorry to hear it, Sue! And yet … you kept your presence of mind, your creativity and your wit and shared a wonderful poem with us despite. I particularly enjoyed your non-rhyming line.

Good thing hugs can still go ’round with boo-boo fingers. Sending one your way and hoping plenty of people in your live space are giving plenty.

18. Eow!. Hope your fingers recover soon! However did you type this?!

19. Bernadette says:

Poor bunny, I feel your pain. My fingers don’t work too good because of the awfulritis.

20. Ouch! I hope they are getting better, Sue?

In 2001, I broke my upper right arm in two places. It was in a sling for 3 months and I was determined it was not going to stop me from trying to type. OK, typing with one hand was fine, but when I needed to add ‘@’ or ‘Β£’, then things became a little more difficult. I carried on, though. πŸ˜€

21. noelleg44 says:

So sorry to hear this, Sue.Wrap the fingers together – and lots of good wishes for a swift recovery.

22. dgkaye says: