Betwixt #midnighthaiku

alive-in-its-death-a-silver-salamander-bridges-the-ages

The tree, felled by age or lightning, seemed dead, though its twisted form appeared to carry some arcane life in its limbs; a giant creature arcing across the landscape.

hill of vision II 139

It was only when we came very close and walked beneath its skeletal form that we saw that there was still young life in the ancient braches.

hill of vision II 144

This entry was posted in Photography, Poetry and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Betwixt #midnighthaiku

1. chris jensen says:

Life, hidden within our blind eyes,
    seen…

hugs chris

2. This is lovely Sue and I like the extra photographs and write up.

3. Like a baby coming out from its old worn out shoots. Great picture though old yet so strong.

4. Ritu says:

I love the shapes that nature throws!

There is a huge old pine tree near where I live, blown down and lying full length by the road. But it is totally alive, flourishing, despite its prone position. I keep meaning to photograph it, as every time I see it, it reminds me that being knocked down doesn’t have to mean the end…

6. Bun Karyudo says:

Good to know there’s a bit of life in it yet. πŸ™‚

7. noelleg44 says:

Lovely,Sue. You and I share a love for old trees. Thi spring I will inspect my Old One we had to take down, looking for some shoots.

8. Denis1950 says:

A beautiful tree proudly acknowledged by the haiku. There would be an amazing ecosystem in and around that tree.

9. Widdershins says:

Trees are surprising like that! πŸ˜€