Out now! Doggerel: Life with the Small Dog…

I dream of literary heights,
Of poetry and fancy’s flights…
Of philosophical debates
And tales the inner heart relates.

She dreams of tennis balls in flight,
Of sneaking cuddles in the night,
Of muddy walks and open gates
And chicken filling all her plates.

I burn the midnight oil to write
And woo the Muse with all my might…
While she perfects the perfect snore
And lolls on sofa, rug or floor.

“Relax,” she says.”Be more like me.”
She has a point, I must agree
Because, when all is said and done,
The dog outsells me ten to one.

Ani, the inimitable Small Dog, told of the trials of training her two-legs in ‘Notes from a Small Dog: Four Legs on Two‘. Their poetic adventures continued in ‘Laughter Lines: Life from the Tail End’.

Doggerel: Life with the Small Dog

Available now in paperback and for Kindle

via Amazon UK, Amazon.com, Amazon.de and Amazon.fr

In her latest collection of poems, their daily life together takes centre stage. From the perfidy of humans who insist on bathing dogs, to the unpunctuality of writers at mealtimes, the relationship between two legs and four is explored in verse.

The Small Dog reveals her continuing fascination with chicken, tennis balls and the compulsion to re-write Shakespeare, while exposing her two legs’ misdemeanours to the world.

This entry was posted in Books, Dogs, Humour, Photography, Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

68 Responses to Out now! Doggerel: Life with the Small Dog…

1. Sadje says:

Congrats to you/ Ani!!

2. She’s gorgeous. Well done ‘Mum’

3. Oh, Sue! This is wonderful! Congratulations!! ❀ πŸ™‚

4. Darlene says:

Congratulations, Sue and Ani! Wishing you all the best. Love, Darlene and Dot!

5. Mary Smith says:

Congratulations to you both. I’m looking forward to reading this.

6. Ritu says:

Oh how wonderful! Congratulations Sue and Ani πŸ₯°

7. Awww. Now in my kindle and soon to be read. Congrats on the new collection, Ani. I hope Sue doesn’t feel too bad about you stealing the show today. πŸ™‚

8. Congrats, Ani! But don’t confuse Ani: Shakespeare has written “Hamlet”, and the German noun for
    pork chop is “Kotelett”. Lol

9. Congrats to Ani’s new release!

10. Eliza Waters says:

Well, at least it all goes into the same bank account. πŸ˜‰

11. queadrian says:

I could see you love your four legs friend.
    I love my Pluto, Tina, Ben, and Rexy,
    They all gone very far from this world.
    I am now, still missing them very much.

12. The Ani Trilogy! That’s an achievement. Congratulations to both of you!

13. Or, as my husband said after my book flopped, “Write about dogs.”

The problem is, I don’t have a whole book of dog stories or at least I don’t think I do.

So exciting Ani πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

15. Daniel Kemp says:

Congratulations!

16. Daniel Kemp says:

Reblogged this on The Words of Daniel Kemp and commented:
    A new book from Sue Vincent

17. Widdershins says:

Yaaaaay!!! ** waves arms in the air like Kermit and runs around in circles** … Way. To. Go! πŸ˜€ … may you sell a gazillion! πŸ˜€

18. Adele Marie says:

Reblogged this on firefly465 and commented:
    Out now, Doggerel: Life with the small dog by Sue Vincent. Sue and Ani’s collaboration gives us more smiles, laughter and love.

19. dgkaye says:

Just too cute Sue. At least you have someone to help sell books LOL ❀

20. Anonymous says:

Congrats to you BOTH on the new book. Re-blogging this on saylingaway!

21. Congrats to you Both! I predict the book will be a great succes. Re-blogging…

22. Pingback: Out now! Doggerel: Life with the SmallΒ Dog… posted by Sue Vincent – SaylingAway

23. Aww she is such a charmer! Lovely poem made me laugh!