Thursday photo prompt: Bone #writephoto

#writephoto

Every Thursday at noon GMT, I publish one of my photos as a writing prompt.  If you know where the photo was taken, please keep it to yourself until the challenge is closed and I usually share something about the place during the round-up.

Throughout the week I will feature as many of the responses here on the Daily Echo as space allows and ( more or less) in the order in which they come in. Every Thursday at 10 a.m. GMT, a full round-up of posts will be published linking back to the original posts of contributors.

You can find all last week’s entries in the weekly round-up. Please visit and read the stories and poems and explore the sites of their writers. I will feature as many contributions as I can on the blog during the week.

Use the image below as inspiration to create a post on your own blog… poetry, prose, humour… light or dark, whatever you choose, by noon (GMT)  Wednesday 17th October and link back to this post with a pingback to be included in the round-up.  There is no word limit and no style requirements, except to keep it fairly family friendly.

All posts will be featured in the round-up on Thursday!

If you are unsure of how to create a pingback, Hugh has an excellent tutorial here.

Pingbacks need to be manually approved, so either check back to make sure that the pingback has appeared or simply copy and paste your link into the comments section of this post.

Feel free to use #writephoto logo or include the prompt photo in your post if you wish or you can replace it with one of your own to illustrate your work. Don’t forget to use the #writephoto hashtag in your title so your posts can be found.

Meanwhile, I would like to invite all writephoto regulars to come and introduce themselves on the blog as my  guest!

Click here for details

Have fun!

This entry was posted in photo prompt, Photography, Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

113 Responses to Thursday photo prompt: Bone #writephoto

1. Well isn’t that funny, I just had a dream about the moors. 😉

2. Pingback: She Rides a Pale Horse | Powered by Robots

3. Pingback: THE HOUND ON THE MOOR – Iain Kelly

4. Iain Kelly says:

Filled with brooding atmosphere, Sue. A photo to inspire for sure:

5. Pingback: #Bones #writephoto prompt #suevincent | Not Tomatoes

6. Pingback: Bone #writephoto – Of Glass & Paper

7. Pingback: Skull (Bone) – #writephoto | Trent's World (the Blog)

8. trentpmcd says:

Hi Sue. A very interesting photo. Perfect for the next chapter in my evolving saga 😉 One thing, I misread it and thought the prompt was “skull”, not “bone”. Oh well, it is close… https://trentsworldblog.wordpress.com/2018/10/11/skull-bone-writephoto/

9. Pingback: Bone #WritePhoto | The Story Files

10. Pingback: #WritePhoto – Bone | But I Smile Anyway...

11. Pingback: #writephoto — The Ultimate Calamity – This, That, and The Other

12. I would write a letter, but I’ve been around a really long time. i figure either everyone knows me, or knows me too well and doesn’t need to know anymore.

13. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt: Bone #writephoto – The Last of its Kind. | Morpethroad

14. Pingback: WHEN ALL THE WORLD WAS EMPTY OF HUMANKIND … Marilyn Armstrong – Serendipity – Seeking Intelligent Life on Earth

15. Pingback: Short Story – Bone – #writephoto – Singledust

16. Pingback: Today’s Forgiving Fridays: I’m Back with a Forgiveness Quote! – ForgivingConnects

17. Pingback: Prairie | the moon is rising...

18. Pingback: Spite of Croton | I Have Pretty Strong Convictions, I Guess

19. Pingback: Dry as a Bone - Poetry For Healing

20. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt: Bone #writephoto | willowdot21

21. Pingback: #writephoto – Bone – #tanka #poetry #OctPoWriMo | Night Owl Poetry - Dorinda Duclos

22. Pingback: Forgotten | Willow Poetry

23. Wow, it is getting busy here… you have excellent prompts, Sue.

24. wonkywizard says:

Thank you Sue again for the challenging photo. I am not good in IT work, and currently has problem with e mails. However, this is my haiku/senryu in response:

lone dry skull in wild
    carcass rotten or eaten
    same fate if buried

25. Pingback: Skulled – writing in north norfolk

26. kim881 says:

I made it back again this week, Sue! Love the monochrome moors and stark white skull.

27. Pingback: If Silence Was A Person #writephoto #OctPoWriMo 2018 Day-13

28. Pingback: #Writephoto: Bone | anita dawes and jaye marie

29. Pingback: #WritePhoto – Bones, a piece of flash fiction – Roberta Writes

30. Pingback: A Prairie’s Soliloquy: a #writephoto #haibun (10/13/2018) – Frank J. Tassone

31. Jordan says:

Greetings Sue,
    Here is my contribution to this weeks write photo prompt bones. I think my pingback went
    askew.

Thank you!!

32. Pingback: The Bone – What she wrote next

33. Hi lovely 😊

Here is my contribution Sue

❤️❤️❤️

34. Pingback: Nursery Crimes #writephoto #flashfiction | TanGental

35. Pingback: Desert Bones – True_George

36. Lady Nightwave Brenda Marie Writer says:

I decided, to use this one in a different way. I hope you like it.

37. Pingback: Emeka – A Heart for Africa

38. Pingback: Countenance  – Journey

39. Pingback: Blast from the Past | jagahdilmein

40. Pingback: Four Feet Deep – authoranonblog

41. jaya1966 says:

Hi Sue,
    Here is the link to my post for this week.
    Thanks,