Thursday photo prompt: Fragrant #writephoto

#writephoto

Use the image below as inspiration to create a post on your own blog… poetry, prose, humour… light or dark, whatever you choose, by noon (GMT)  Wednesday 6th February and link back to this post with a pingback to be included in the round-up.  There is no word limit and no style requirements, except to keep it fairly family friendly.

For visually challenged writers, the image shows a formal English rose garden in bloom. Four paths, bordered with lavender, lead to the centre of the garden, where a weping standard rose cascades over a seat that is built around its trunk .

All posts will be featured in the round-up on Thursday February 7th at 10am GMT, linking back to the original posts of contributors. Throughout the week I will feature as many of the responses here on the Daily Echo as space allows and (more or less) in the order in which they come in.

You can find all last week’s entries in the weekly round-up. Please visit and read the stories and poems and explore the sites of their writers. I will feature as many contributions as I can on the blog during the week.

Please link your post to this by creating a pingback. If you are unsure of how to create a pingback, Hugh has an excellent tutorial here.

Pingbacks need to be manually approved, so either check back to make sure that the pingback has appeared or simply copy and paste your link into the comments section of this post.

Feel free to use #writephoto logo or include the prompt photo in your post if you wish or you can replace it with one of your own to illustrate your work. Don’t forget to use the #writephoto hashtag in your title so your posts can be found.

Meanwhile, I would like to invite all writephoto regulars to come and introduce themselves on the blog as my  guest!

Click here for details

Have fun!

This entry was posted in photo prompt, Photography, Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

146 Responses to Thursday photo prompt: Fragrant #writephoto

1. Lovely reminder that summer really does exist. Can’t fit this one in with the narrative but if my brain thaws out I might find a different story for it 🙂

2. Pingback: God’s love – Positive Side Of The Coin

3. Pingback: Life After the State | Powered by Robots

A lovely summer image on a cold day 💜

5. Pingback: INSULATED – Iain Kelly

6. Iain Kelly says:

I know it’s a bright happy summer-y picture, but….!

Liked by 2 people

7. Pingback: Reconstruction – Reena Saxena

8. Pingback: Fragrance #writephoto | Trent's World (the Blog)

9. trentpmcd says:

Hi Sue, it looks like a lovely place. And a bit of warmth on a frigid day like today! Here is my story for the week: https://trentsworldblog.wordpress.com/2019/01/31/fragrance-writephoto/

10. Patty says:

Reblogged this on Campbells World.

11. Pingback: A Fragrant Life #writephoto #liveinjoy | Not Tomatoes

12. Pingback: #writephoto: A piece of the past – Jane Dougherty Writes

13. Story started, maybe not finished, I’m not sure. I can’t get the photo this week. I just get a web page file rather than the photo.

14. Took a screen shot and it worked, so panic over.

15. Pingback: Fragrant #writephoto | Of Glass & Paper

16. What a lovely photo! It’s freezing here and this is the perfect picture to warm me up! ❤

17. I’m just now reading this at 2:43PM, so I have missed the deadline but I love the idea and this picture is absolutely lovely! Maybe next time….

18. Pingback: #writephoto lavendar & rose garden – Wanda Luthman's Children's Books

19. Pingback: No loose ends | Thru Violet's Lentz

20. Violet Lentz says:

This was so much fun. So glad to be here!! Thank you for the venue and this amazing prompt!!

21. Pingback: Fragrant #writephoto | ShiftnShake

22. Pingback: The Fragrance of Life | jagahdilmein

23. Pingback: At the Crossroads – writing in north norfolk

24. kim881 says:

A welcome image in our current cold snap,. Sue. It’s warmed up my imagination even if my toes are frozen! here’s my small offering: http://writinginnorthnorfolk.com/2019/02/01/at-the-crossroads/

25. Pingback: neelwrites/thursdayphotoprompt/shortstory/flash/crime/01/01/2019 – neelwritesblog

26. antoniazen says:

Hello, I’ve just discovered your wonderful blog and inspiring visual prompts. Here is my offering:

Experience

I will not speak about the greens
    Painting the sky with varied hues,
    I will not draw rose thorns
    To try to show you
    Or talk of the riot
    Of violets and blues,

Quietly, I will close my eyes
    And experience this with you,

Where you, walk unseeing
    Yet surely between soft lines
    Of lavender, its scent a guide
    As, after you, I’m wheeling,
    Watching, letting you decide,

After all your days of gardening
    The instinct is still there,
    Taking your cues from textures
    And the charted perfumed air,

White roses, you know them,
    You used to grow them
    Near the apple tree
    On land tilled by your fingers
    Into past Springs’ strawberries,

You tell me by a quiver of breath
    Of how it felt to dig those beds,
    Your brief smile says you’re there again
    In this garden,
    Where I roll beside you

As pollinators buzz and flit
    Towards the island in the path,
    Wind teasing our hair,
    Suddenly, we halt and laugh,
    Mirth jolts up from who knows where,

I tell you of a bench beneath
    The roses’ sphere where bees
    Whisper of nectar in ciphers
    While we taste the sweet
    Of afternoon embers,

Here we will sit,
    Thanking the hands that grew
    A place we can enjoy together,
    I will close my eyes
    And experience this with you.

Antonia Sara Zenkevitch

27. Pingback: Experience – Antonia Sara Zenkevitch

28. Pingback: The Road To Hell  #writephoto #flashfiction | TanGental

29. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt: Fragrant #writephoto – Ladyleemanila

30. Pingback: #Writephoto ~ Fragrant | anita dawes and jaye marie

31. Pingback: #Writephoto – Fragrance – Roberta Writes

32. What fun, I managed to turn your lovely photograph into something dark. Now, I really think that is talent [giggle] https://robertawrites235681907.wordpress.com/2019/02/01/writephoto-fragrance/

33. Pingback: Memories and Moments – Emotional Shadows

34. balroop2013 says:

Hi Sue, your prompt took me into the world of first love, which remains a dream! Thanks for the inspiration.

35. Pingback: Never-Ending Patterns – Thursday photo prompt | Jo Hawk

36. Sue, your photo reminded me of a poem I once recited. I could not shake the link between the image and the poem, so I used them both. 😊

37. Pingback: Sweet Smell of The Lady – True_George

38. True George says:

Hello; I’m back.
    I was going to write a new piece on the prompt but decided to post feature something that I already wrote. it fits perfectly, not about a garden’s fragrance but the fragrance of another kind.

39. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt: Fragrant #writephoto | willowdot21

Another beautiful photo prompt to inspire our imaginations. Here is mine.

41. Pingback: Haiku: My Garden | The Dark Netizen

42. Hey Sue! 🙂
    Here’s my take on the prompt:

Happy reading! 🙂

43. Pingback: Endless Love – Anneberly Andrews

44. Pingback: Huxley’s World? | Blogternator

45. Lake Writer says:

This is a great prompt. I’ve been away from my blog for a time and very enthused about participating here. Thank you. Thank you. https://colderlake.wordpress.com/2019/02/02/writephoto-yearn/

46. Pingback: Rose and Lavender | Willow Poetry

47. Pingback: Garden Paths | method two madness

48. Pingback: A Waltz, my dear? – Jordy’s Streamings

49. Pingback: Inspiration Garden - Poetry For Healing

50. Pingback: A Safer Place Than I Had Ever Known – Crushed Caramel (Learner at love)

51. Pingback: Fragrant #Writephoto | Myths of the Mirror

52. Pingback: Fragrant #WritePhoto | The Story Files

53. Pingback: The Bite of a Rose – Tina Stewart Brakebill

54. Pingback: #writephoto – A Fragrant Journey – #shortstory | Night Owl Poetry - Dorinda Duclos

55. Pingback: The Allertons/Fragrant #writephoto – A Heart for Africa

56. Pingback: Remington/Fragrant #writephoto | Notes to Women

57. notestowomen says:

Hi Sue,

A beautiful photo. I would love to be there right now. Here’s my story.

Adele

58. daisybala says:

My entry is:- https://freshdaisiesdotme.wordpress.com/2019/02/06/midsummer-blooms/

I don’t know how to put it on your photo prompt!