Thursday photo prompt – Blue #writephoto

#writephoto

Welcome to the last writephoto prompt of 2017! As the roundup will be next year, I chose a photo of the half-light, a poit of transition between day and night.

Every Thursday at noon GMT, I publish one of my photos as a writing prompt.  If you know where the photo was taken, please keep it to yourself until the challenge is closed.

Throughout the week I will feature as many of the responses here on the Daily Echo as space allows. Every week, a full round-up of posts will be published linking back to the original posts of contributors.

You can find all last week’s entries in the weekly round-up. Please visit and read the stories and poems and explore the sites of their writers. I feature as many contributions as I can on the blog during the week, but given the volume of contributions that may not be all of them!

Use the image below as inspiration to create a post on your own blog… poetry, prose, humour… light or dark, whatever you choose, by noon (GMT)  Wednesday 3rd January and link back to this post with a pingback. There is no word limit and no style requirements, except to keep it fairly family friendly.

If you are unsure of how to create a pingback, Hugh has an excellent tutorial here.

Pingbacks need to be manually approved, so either check back to make sure that the pingback has appeared or simply copy and paste your link into the comments section of this post.

The best way to ensure your post is featured is to send it well before the deadline but all posts will be included in a round up on Thursday 4th January.

Feel free to use #writephoto logo or include the prompt photo in your post if you wish or you can replace it with one of your own to illustrate your work. Don’t forget to use the #writephoto hashtag in your title so your posts can be found.

Have fun!

This entry was posted in photo prompt, Photography, Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

114 Responses to Thursday photo prompt – Blue #writephoto

1. Pingback: Blue #writephoto – Of Glass & Paper

2. fallmusings says:

You’re a magician or something, Sue!! ✨

3. Pamela Morse says:

This is perfect, as usual. Happy New Year Sue!!

4. Pingback: #WritePhoto Midwinter Moments | mermaidcamp

5. Another beautiful picture Sue. Ive used it for the final ‘chapter’ of Alex and Elenora.

6. Pingback: Sublime #writephoto – Fall Musings

7. Pingback: Creative Process – Reena Saxena

8. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt – Blue #writephoto – Ladyleemanila

9. Pingback: Blue – #writephoto | Trent's World (the Blog)

10. trentpmcd says:

Lovely photo. You titled it “Light”, but, as you said, it can go either way, light or dark. For some reason I chose dark this week. I hope you enjoy: https://trentsworldblog.wordpress.com/2017/12/28/blue-writephoto/

11. Pingback: Crimson – Journey

12. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt – Blue – The Militant Negro™

13. Pingback: The Woman in Blue | Powered by Robots

14. Pingback: Thursday Photo Prompt. Writephoto.  Blue | willowdot21

15. janmalique says:

I’ll post my entry either tonight or on Saturday Due. x

16. janmalique says:

I meant Sue, that damn autocorrect…

17. Pingback: Blue | Penny Wilson Writes

18. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt – Blue #writephoto | Morpethroad

19. Pingback: #WritePhoto – Blue | But I Smile Anyway...

20. Ritu says:

Gorgeous photo prompt!
    Here’s our take this week!

21. Pingback: Ocean and I become one..#writephoto

22. Pingback: The Betrayal | jagahdilmein

23. Thanks for the amazing photograph Sue. Here’s my entry for this week: https://jagahdilmein.wordpress.com/2017/12/29/the-betrayal/

Wishing you and all the contributors a Happy New Year. May 2018 be the year when all our dreams come true, and even if they do not, may we all have the strength, the conviction, and the support system to keep those dreams alive and kicking 🙂

24. Pingback: #writephoto — Saving Grace – This, That, and The Other

25. Pingback: Blue – writing in north norfolk

26. kim881 says:

A photo worthy of a Joni Mitchell song, Sue – i love it! Happy New Year!

27. Pingback: Blue #writephoto | The Story Files

28. hrh66 says:

Hi Sue, thanks for an awesome year of writing prompts! I’m looking forward to next year’s now. Here’s my short story for today; https://thestoryfiles.wordpress.com/

29. Pingback: writephoto – Blue – tea & paper

30. Elizabeth says:

Hi Sue, your photo left me speechless. Happy New Year to you!

31. Pingback: 100th post – Bilocalalia

32. Pingback: Choosing #WritePhoto | Lemon Shark Reef

33. Pingback: Blue | I Have Pretty Strong Convictions, I Guess

34. Pingback: Blue #writephoto #SueVincent | Not Tomatoes

35. Pingback: Shades of blue – Balcony Sunrise

36. Meena says:

balconysunrise.wordpress.com/2017/12/31/shades-of-blue/

Loved the photo!

37. Pingback: The Moon is Crying #writephoto | Isabel Caves

38. Isabel Caves says:

Well I’m super late for this, but I saw that beautiful photo and just couldn’t resist https://isabelcaves.wordpress.com/2017/12/31/the-moon-is-crying-writephoto/

39. Pingback: Waiting #writephoto | TanGental

40. Pingback: The Message – #Writephoto | New2Writing

41. KL Caley says:

Happy New Year Sue! Please find my very late entry to your lovely image below:- https://new2writing.wordpress.com/2018/01/03/the-message-writephoto/
    KL ❤

42. Pingback: Blue (where are you going?) | method two madness

43. Pingback: Microfiction: Peace – Jane Dougherty Writes

44. This is such a gorgeous photo, Sue, I really didn’t know what to write about it. Maybe I shouldn’t have bothered.

45. Pingback: #BookReview – Sue Vincent – Laughter Lines: Life From The Tail End #Poetry | But I Smile Anyway...

46. Pingback: The Blue Beyond – Calm and Chaos

47. Suzanne says:

I drifted into the light with this prompt. Thank you for the inspiration. https://bloggingcalmandchaos.wordpress.com/2018/01/03/the-blue-beyond/

48. Pingback: neelwrites/noman’sland/thursdayphotoprompt/#writephoto/31/01/2018 | neelwritesblog

49. Dear Sue, please ignore the earlier submission. That was an earlier story writtien for some other fiction challenge.
    Here is my story for your excellent photo prompt.