Thursday photo prompt: Fall #writephoto

#writephoto

Every Thursday at noon GMT, I publish one of my photos as a writing prompt.  If you know where the photo was taken, please keep it to yourself until the challenge is closed and I usually share something about the place during the round-up.

Throughout the week I will feature as many of the responses here on the Daily Echo as space allows and ( more or less) in the order in which they come in. Every Thursday at 10 a.m. GMT, a full round-up of posts will be published linking back to the original posts of contributors.

You can find all last week’s entries in the weekly round-up. Please visit and read the stories and poems and explore the sites of their writers. I will feature as many contributions as I can on the blog during the week.

Use the image below as inspiration to create a post on your own blog… poetry, prose, humour… light or dark, whatever you choose, by noon (GMT)  Wednesday 3rd October and link back to this post with a pingback to be included in the round-up.  There is no word limit and no style requirements, except to keep it fairly family friendly.

All posts will be featured in the round-up on Thursday!

If you are unsure of how to create a pingback, Hugh has an excellent tutorial here.

Pingbacks need to be manually approved, so either check back to make sure that the pingback has appeared or simply copy and paste your link into the comments section of this post.

Feel free to use #writephoto logo or include the prompt photo in your post if you wish or you can replace it with one of your own to illustrate your work. Don’t forget to use the #writephoto hashtag in your title so your posts can be found.

Have fun!

This entry was posted in photo prompt, Photography, Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

103 Responses to Thursday photo prompt: Fall #writephoto

1. Jordan says:

Sue, the painting is gorgeous! You have wondrously skilled hands!💗

2. Pingback: Gaia’s dream | Fmme writes poems

3. Nice photo. https://fmmewritespoems.wordpress.com/gaias-dream – and a very short response to such a beautiful image.

4. Pingback: THE FALL – Iain Kelly

5. Iain Kelly says:

Here you go Sue – something that uses the picture, but in no way matches the peaceful harmony of it!

6. Wow. The colors are surreal. This is a dreamscape waterfall!

7. Pingback: The Last Hrtedyp | Powered by Robots

8. Pingback: rise and fall – syncwithdeep

9. What a beautiful, vibrant photo, Sue. So tempting… perhaps I can pull something off on the plane. 🙂

10. Pingback: #WritePhoto – Fall | But I Smile Anyway...

11. Ritu says:

A little poem for tonight!

12. Pingback: When Being A Drip Is A Cause For Celebration #writephoto #flashfiction | TanGental

13. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt: Fall #writephoto – The Keeper of the Falls | Morpethroad

14. Pingback: Fall – #writephoto | Trent's World (the Blog)

15. trentpmcd says:

Hi Sue. Another lovely photo, no matter what the main character in this story says 😉 This is a continuation. we’ll see how long I keep it going…

16. Pingback: #writephoto – Fall | Penny Wilson Writes

17. Pingback: Fall #writephoto – Of Glass & Paper

18. Pingback: #writephoto – Agatha’s Colors – #shortstory | Night Owl Poetry - Dorinda Duclos

19. Pingback: Waterfall | Willow Poetry

20. Hello Sue, here is my response to this week’s photo.

21. Pingback: AUTUMN COMES TO NEW ENGLAND – #WRITEPHOTO – Marilyn Armstrong – Serendipity – Seeking Intelligent Life on Earth

22. And I dropped a little something into your pile of goodies this week. It really has been kind of crazy.

23. Pingback: The Forgotten Place – Deborah's Deliberations

24. Pingback: Magical Fall – Emotional Shadows

25. Pingback: #Writephoto: Fall… | anita dawes and jaye marie

26. balroop2013 says:

HI Sue, this magical picture had a spontaneous effect on my muse… https://balroop2013.wordpress.com/2018/09/29/magical-fall/
    Thank you so much!

27. Pingback: Fall #Writephoto | Myths of the Mirror

28. Pingback: #Photo prompt – Fall: A poem – Roberta Writes

29. Hi Sue, I hope your week has been better than mine. My outlook is a bit bleak this week: https://robertawrites235681907.wordpress.com/2018/09/29/photo-prompt-fall-a-poem/

30. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt: Fall #writephoto | willowdot21

31. Pingback: My minds waterfall – What she wrote next

32. Hi Sue, Love this photo and I loved writing my contribution.

Have a lovely day x

33. Pingback: #writephoto — High Times – This, That, and The Other

34. Pingback: Mr. Thornber’s Distress | Notes to Women

35. notestowomen says:

Hi Sue,

What a magnificent picture. Yes, it’s God’s paintbrush and you captured it beautifully. Here’s my contribution. I hope it does the picture justice.

Adele

36. Hi Sue, I’ll try again. Sure what happened when I clicked on the link it took me through, but here it is again. Can you please let me know if you gave the same problem 🙏

37. Pingback: Waterfall – True_George

38. True George says:

Just something that came to mind when I saw the water fall picture….

39. Pingback: First Love | jagahdilmein