Thursday photo prompt: Pillars #writephoto

#writephoto

Every Thursday at noon GMT, I publish one of my photos as a writing prompt.  If you know where the photo was taken, please keep it to yourself until the challenge is closed and I usually share something about the place during the round-up.

Throughout the week I will feature as many of the responses here on the Daily Echo as space allows. Every Thursday at 10 a.m. GMT, a full round-up of posts will be published linking back to the original posts of contributors.

You can find all last week’s entries in the weekly round-up. Please visit and read the stories and poems and explore the sites of their writers. I will feature as many contributions as I can on the blog during the week.

Use the image below as inspiration to create a post on your own blog… poetry, prose, humour… light or dark, whatever you choose, by noon (GMT)  Wednesday 26th September and link back to this post with a pingback to be included in the round-up.  There is no word limit and no style requirements, except to keep it fairly family friendly.

All posts will be featured in the round-up on Thursday!

If you are unsure of how to create a pingback, Hugh has an excellent tutorial here.

Pingbacks need to be manually approved, so either check back to make sure that the pingback has appeared or simply copy and paste your link into the comments section of this post.

Feel free to use #writephoto logo or include the prompt photo in your post if you wish or you can replace it with one of your own to illustrate your work. Don’t forget to use the #writephoto hashtag in your title so your posts can be found.

Have fun!

This entry was posted in photo prompt, Photography, Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

96 Responses to Thursday photo prompt: Pillars #writephoto

1. Pingback: PILLAR OF THE COMMUNITY – Iain Kelly

2. Iain Kelly says:

Reminds me of my old Uni – the picture not the story I’ve written – though I’m sure it’s somewhere different. 🙂

Lovely atmospheric photo, Sue, but aren’t they always.💜

4. Pingback: Unknown depths – Reena Saxena

5. Ooh… I love these long hallways and doors. The last one sent me to a dark place in my writing. (Which, actually, isn’t that unusual…) Hmm. 😉

6. Pingback: pillar of strength – syncwithdeep

7. Pingback: Pillars #writephoto prompt #SueVincent | Not Tomatoes

8. syncwithdeep says:

thanks for the prompt Sue. Here is my take

9. Pingback: The Algerian Exchange | Powered by Robots

10. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt: Pillars #writephoto | willowdot21

11. Pingback: Pillars of sacrifice – And Miles to go before I sleep…

12. Ramya Tantry says:

Hey, Thanks for the prompt. This my first one here and this is my take on this prompt.

13. A quick response this week as your picture reminds me of a place I have visited before so my little tale may explain why I and many others are able to http://bobfairfield.org/2018/09/20/sue-vincents-thursday-photo-prompt-pillars-writephoto-pyroplastic-surge/,

14. Pingback: Pillars – #writephoto | Trent's World (the Blog)

15. Pingback: #writephoto — Columns – This, That, and The Other

16. Pingback: #WritePhoto – Pillars | But I Smile Anyway...

17. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt: Pillars #writephoto | Morpethroad

18. Pingback: Free/Pillars #writephoto | Notes to Women

19. Pingback: Intrigue | Willow Poetry

20. Hélène Vaillant says:

Thank you, Sue, for this prompt. I am intrigued by its source.😃

21. Pingback: Pillars #WritePhoto | The Story Files

22. Pingback: What Brexit Will Do For Our Bread  #writephoto #flashfiction | TanGental

23. Pingback: It’s #ForgivingFridays! Today’s topic is Peace Listening and a Mini Break :) – ForgivingConnects

24. Pingback: Inner Journey – Being in Nature

25. Suzanne says:

Here’s my response to this week’s #writephoto challenge. Thank you for the inspiration – https://beinginnatureblog.wordpress.com/2018/09/22/inner-journey/

26. Pingback: We Sleep | method two madness

27. Pingback: #Writephoto: Pillars | anita dawes and jaye marie

28. Pingback: Flash Fiction: Cave Trip 2 | The Dark Netizen

29. Pingback: #Writephoto: Inside the Great Temple – Jane Dougherty Writes

30. Pingback: Pillars #writephoto – Of Glass & Paper

31. Pingback: Tomas’ Mistake – A Heart for Africa

32. aheartforafrica641064503 says:

Hi Sue,

Love the photo. Here’s my contribution.

AHFA

33. Pingback: Pillars - #writephoto - Rosemary Carlson, WriterRosemary Carlson, Writer

34. Pingback: The Family Hairloom (Pun totally intended) | jagahdilmein

35. Here’s my entry for the week Sue: https://jagahdilmein.wordpress.com/2018/09/24/the-family-hairloom-pun-totally-intended/
    I know there is a spelling mistake in my title people, it’s poetic license 🙂

36. Pingback: Whisper it softly – Tallis Steelyard

37. Pingback: #writephoto – A Glint of Light – #shortstory | Night Owl Poetry - Dorinda Duclos

38. Pingback: #Write photo – Pillars – Roberta Writes

39. Pingback: The lobby – True_George

40. Pingback: Mary’s Legacy/Pillars #writephoto – Deborah's Deliberations

41. deborahsdeliberations says:
  42. Jordan says:

Here is mine Sue, thank you! For some reason my ping backs are not working, love the photograph and the formidable pillars. Well at least they were for me.