Thursday photo prompt: Track #writephoto

#writephoto

Every Thursday at noon GMT, I publish one of my photos as a writing prompt.  If you know where the photo was taken, please keep it to yourself until the challenge is closed and I usually share something about the place during the round-up.

Throughout the week I will feature as many of the responses here on the Daily Echo as space allows. Every Thursday at 10a.m. GMT, a full round-up of posts will be published linking back to the original posts of contributors.

You can find all last week’s entries in the weekly round-up. Please visit and read the stories and poems and explore the sites of their writers. I will feature as many contributions as I can on the blog during the week.

Use the image below as inspiration to create a post on your own blog… poetry, prose, humour… light or dark, whatever you choose, by noon (GMT)  Wednesday 8th August and link back to this post with a pingback to be included in the round-up.  There is no word limit and no style requirements, except to keep it fairly family friendly.

If you are unsure of how to create a pingback, Hugh has an excellent tutorial here.

Pingbacks need to be manually approved, so either check back to make sure that the pingback has appeared or simply copy and paste your link into the comments section of this post.

Feel free to use #writephoto logo or include the prompt photo in your post if you wish or you can replace it with one of your own to illustrate your work. Don’t forget to use the #writephoto hashtag in your title so your posts can be found.

Have fun!

This entry was posted in photo prompt, Photography, Poetry. Bookmark the permalink.

100 Responses to Thursday photo prompt: Track #writephoto

1. Pingback: Of paths and passages – Reena Saxena

2. Pingback: AT ALL COSTS – Iain Kelly

3. Iain Kelly says:

Lovely picture Sue, combined with the word ‘Tracks’ and the start of the European Championship Athletics soon, it took me down a running path!

4. Pingback: The Proposal | Powered by Robots

5. Pingback: wanderlust – syncwithdeep

6. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt: Track #writephoto – Ladyleemanila

7. Pingback: Track – #writephoto | Trent's World (the Blog)

8. trentpmcd says:

Hi Sue. Looks like a wonderfulplace for a hike. Unless you are in my story 😉 – https://trentsworldblog.wordpress.com/2018/08/02/track-writephoto/

9. Pingback: #WritePhoto – Track | But I Smile Anyway...

10. Pingback: #writephoto — The Path Less Traveled – This, That, and The Other

11. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt: Track #writephoto | willowdot21

12. Pingback: Notes to Women

13. Fandango says:

Here’s my take, Sue. I hope you don’t mind that I combined it with two other word prompts.

14. kytwright says:

Looks like Burbage Common, no puritan though!

15. Pingback: A Walk in the Woods – A Unique Title For Me

16. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt: Track #writephoto – On the Way to Grandmas. | Morpethroad

17. I actually put in something for this one. Up at our midnight!

18. Pingback: neelwrites/secretsofthedark/ThursdayPhotoPrompt/ThreeThingsChallenge/shortstory/flash/fiction/03/08/2018 | neelwritesblog

19. Pingback: THE PATH #writephoto – Marilyn Armstrong – Serendipity – Seeking Intelligent Life on Earth

20. My pingback doesn’t seem to have pinged or backed, so …

No big deal 🙂

21. Pingback: Track - #writephoto - Rosemary Carlson, WriterRosemary Carlson, Writer

22. Pingback: Flash Fiction: The Hunt Begins | The Dark Netizen

23. Pingback: Life, But Not As We Know It #writephoto | TanGental

24. ellenbest24 says:

This conjure up a a whole gamut of things. I will be back when done. X thanks Sue.

25. Pingback: Forest Child. | Ellenbest24

26. Pingback: Track #writephoto – Of Glass & Paper

27. ellenbest24 says:

here is my contribution. Sue and everyone I thank you for having me.

28. Pingback: A Wonder to Explore — #writephoto – Fantasy Raconteur

29. Pingback: The Jogger and the Cyclist – A Heart for Africa

30. Hi Sue,

Neat photo. It reminds me of Midsomer Murders with its other worldly, creepy atmosphere.

Here’s my contribution.

AHFA

31. OBA says:

Sue, thanks always for the delightsome privy to participate here, this time I tried my writing on a short story for a change. xoxo

32. Pingback: Pathway: A #writephoto #haibun – Frank J. Tassone

33. A tale based upo a true incident this week at http://bobfairfield.org/2018/08/05/sue-vincents-thursday-prompt-writephoto-the-gleaming-spires/
    Curiously i took a photo of the church fairly recently then found a print of the church from before the war, odd.

34. johnrieber says:

My wife and I took an “urban hike” through New York’s Central Park, surprisingly serene for the middle of the big apple! – https://johnrieber.com/2018/08/05/hitch-hiking-4-a-196-block-hike-through-new-yorks-central-park-peering-through-hitchcocks-rear-window/

35. Pingback: Interrupted by Form | method two madness

36. Pingback: #writephoto – The Passage – #poetry | Night Owl Poetry - Dorinda Duclos

37. Pingback: Track #writephoto – Fall Musings