Thursday photo prompt: Conflagration #writephoto

#writephoto

Every Thursday at noon GMT, I publish one of my photos as a writing prompt.  If you know where the photo was taken, please keep it to yourself until the challenge is closed. I usually share something about the place during the round-up.

Throughout the week I will feature as many of the responses here on the Daily Echo as space allows. Every Thursday at 10a.m. GMT, a full round-up of posts will be published linking back to the original posts of contributors.

You can find all last week’s entries in the weekly round-up. Please visit and read the stories and poems and explore the sites of their writers. I feature as many contributions as I can on the blog during the week, but given the volume of contributions that will seldom  be all of them!

Use the image below as inspiration to create a post on your own blog… poetry, prose, humour… light or dark, whatever you choose, by noon (GMT)  Wednesday 6th June and link back to this post with a pingback. There is no word limit and no style requirements, except to keep it fairly family friendly.

If you are unsure of how to create a pingback, Hugh has an excellent tutorial here.

Pingbacks need to be manually approved, so either check back to make sure that the pingback has appeared or simply copy and paste your link into the comments section of this post.

Feel free to use #writephoto logo or include the prompt photo in your post if you wish or you can replace it with one of your own to illustrate your work. Don’t forget to use the #writephoto hashtag in your title so your posts can be found.

Have fun!

This entry was posted in photo prompt, Photography, Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

107 Responses to Thursday photo prompt: Conflagration #writephoto

1. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt: Conflagration #writephoto | willowdot21

2. Pingback: Conflagration #writephoto – Of Glass & Paper

3. Pingback: Conflagration #writephoto | kim

4. Hi Sue. I love this photo, very inspiring so I had to respond to it quickly before I got too busy with other things. https://wordpress.com/post/kim153.wordpress.com/7474

5. Pingback: Bushfire – Antony Fawcus – Poet

6. Hi Sue. Not sure if I’ve got it right with the pingback to/from my latest post, Bushfire. First time I’ve tried this!

7. Memories for all us country-dwellers kindled by your fantastic photo at

8. Pingback: Conflagration – #writephoto | Trent's World (the Blog)

9. trentpmcd says:

Hi Sue, I just finished the latest exciting (I hope 😉 ) episode of The Mad Quest… https://trentsworldblog.wordpress.com/2018/05/31/conflagration-writephoto/

10. Pingback: When You’re Older | Wallie's Wentletrap

11. The Militant Negro says:

Reblogged this on The Militant Negro™.

12. wallietheimp says:

Wallie and my response! “When You’re Older” — https://wallieswentletrap.com/2018/05/31/when-youre-older/

13. Pingback: Conflagration #writephoto – Em's world

14. Pingback: #writephoto – Conflagration – #shortstory | Night Owl Poetry - Dorinda Duclos

15. Pingback: A Light in the Dark #writephoto – A Writer's Beginning

16. Emily says:

I’ve been away for a while, Sue, but I decided to have a go at this prompt – it’s a lovely picture! https://emilyweatherburnblog.wordpress.com/2018/05/31/a-light-in-the-dark-writephoto/

17. Pingback: Conflagration | Powered by Robots

18. Pingback: #writephoto — Beautiful “Sunset” – This, That, and The Other

19. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt: Conflagration #writephoto | Morpethroad

20. Beautiful photo, Sue.

21. Pingback: Flash Fiction: Bright Lights | The Dark Netizen

22. Pingback: The Price of Freedom – #writephoto | New2Writing

23. That’s a lovely photo there! 🙂
    I hope my story does it justice!

24. Lovely photo, Sue. I hope I can get something from this one. Last week’s I’m afraid just floored me. I won’t tell you what it looked like (to me) but it was revolting, gave me the shudders.

25. Pingback: Grounded in Love #writephoto | rivrvlogr

26. Pingback: Inventory of prompts I write to | Morpethroad

27. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt: Conflagration #writephoto – Ladyleemanila

28. Pingback: #writephoto: Flight – Jane Dougherty Writes

29. Pingback: Horizon On Fire #writephoto

30. needless to say you photography stir some strange emotions in me. can’t break the pattern.
    here is my take on this one.

31. Gorgeous photo. 😍

32. Pingback: Refulgent – writing in north norfolk

33. kim881 says:

I finally got here, a bit late to wish you a wonderful weekend, Sue, but I hope you enjoy the rest of it!

34. Pingback: Consumed #writephoto | Penny Wilson Writes

35. I am a bit late too, but here is my contribution. Amazing photo Sue!

36. Pingback: Wielder – #writephoto – thehouseofbailey

37. Pingback: Stock-still – Journey

38. Pingback: Wielder – #writephoto - Scott Andrew Bailey

39. Pingback: Finding Expression – Reena Saxena

40. Pingback: Story prompt #writephoto | Cath Humphris

41. Pingback: Conflagration #Writephoto | Myths of the Mirror

42. Pingback: Conflagration #WritePhoto | The Story Files

43. Pingback: Euphoria – Thursday photo prompt: Conflagration #writephoto – syncwithdeep

44. janmalique says:

I’ve posted mine now Sue. It will be interesting to hear your thoughts about this one…

45. Pingback: The Prince and The Flautist – #Writephoto – L.E.R.T