Thursday photo prompt: Ascent #writephoto

#writephoto

Every Thursday at noon GMT, I publish one of my photos as a writing prompt.  If you know where the photo was taken, please keep it to yourself until the challenge is closed. I usually share something about the place during the round-up.

Throughout the week I will feature as many of the responses here on the Daily Echo as space allows. Every Thursday at 10a.m. GMT, a full round-up of posts will be published linking back to the original posts of contributors.

You can find all last week’s entries in the weekly round-up. Please visit and read the stories and poems and explore the sites of their writers. I feature as many contributions as I can on the blog during the week, but given the volume of contributions that will seldom  be all of them!

Use the image below as inspiration to create a post on your own blog… poetry, prose, humour… light or dark, whatever you choose, by noon (GMT)  Wednesday 9th May and link back to this post with a pingback. There is no word limit and no style requirements, except to keep it fairly family friendly.

If you are unsure of how to create a pingback, Hugh has an excellent tutorial here.

Pingbacks need to be manually approved, so either check back to make sure that the pingback has appeared or simply copy and paste your link into the comments section of this post.

Feel free to use #writephoto logo or include the prompt photo in your post if you wish or you can replace it with one of your own to illustrate your work. Don’t forget to use the #writephoto hashtag in your title so your posts can be found.

Have fun!

This entry was posted in photo prompt, Photography, Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

102 Responses to Thursday photo prompt: Ascent #writephoto

1. Pingback: Ascent #writephoto – Of Glass & Paper

2. Pingback: Glimpses in the Dark – Reena Saxena

3. ooooo, I like this one Sue! It’s going to be interesting to see the responses to it. Fun!

4. Pingback: The Forest | Powered by Robots

5. James says:

Here’s mine. I forgot that the this part of the story didn’t actually mention the staircase, but I think it’s close enough: https://poweredbyrobots.com/2018/05/03/the-forest/

6. Pingback: THE ASCENT OF A MAN – Iain Kelly

7. Iain Kelly says:

Hi Sue,
    Good to be back with you, and a great black and white photo to get the imagination flowing! 🙂

8. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt: Ascent #writephoto – The Militant Negro™

9. Pingback: #writephoto — Househunters International – This, That, and The Other

10. Pingback: I had a Dream – Willow Poetry

11. Pingback: Opening Night | I Have Pretty Strong Convictions, I Guess

12. O my God!! I absolutely love this! 😍

13. Pingback: #WritePhoto – Ascent | But I Smile Anyway...

14. C M Smile says:

Oh I love this one!

15. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt: Ascent #writephoto – C. M. Smile

16. Pingback: A Haunting We Will Go | jagahdilmein

17. Hi Sue, Here’s my story inspired by this week’s atmospheric picture: https://jagahdilmein.wordpress.com/2018/05/04/a-haunting-we-will-go/

Anita wants to have a go with this one!

19. Pingback: The View from Your Mind – Smell The Coffee

20. Pingback: #writephoto: Dream home – Jane Dougherty Writes

21. Pingback: Friday Fantasy ~ Final Breath – #poetry #writephoto | Night Owl Poetry - Dorinda Duclos

22. Pingback: neelwrites/it’sadownhill/ThursdayPhotoPrompt/fiction/shortstory/04/05/2018 | neelwritesblog

23. Pingback: Ascent – #writephoto | Trent's World (the Blog)

24. trentpmcd says:

This is a busy week, but I finally snuck in some time to write the next installment of my “little” story: https://trentsworldblog.wordpress.com/2018/05/04/ascent-writephoto/

25. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt: Ascent #writephoto | Morpethroad

26. Reblogged this on ladyleemanila and commented:
    Sue’s photo prompt 🙂

27. Pingback: Saving the World To Lose It #writephoto | Wallie's Wentletrap

28. Pingback: The Untold Tale of a Staircase: a #writephoto #haibun – Frank J. Tassone

29. Pingback: [M.A.P.L.E. VII-5] The stairs of mystery #writephoto | Never A Worry

30. Pingback: Descent #Writephoto | Myths of the Mirror

31. Pingback: Sue Vincent’s Thursday Photo Prompt. Ascent | willowdot21

32. Pingback: What if? #writephoto – Being in Nature

33. Pingback: #writephoto: spiralling | HIP TO BE SNARK

34. Pingback: Not There #writephoto | The Story Files

35. Pingback: Follow the path as I ascend – Ladyleemanila

36. Pingback: A Rap In Time Saves Slime… #writephoto #flashfiction | TanGental

37. Pingback: Perfunctory  – Journey

38. Pingback: Beggar’s Ride | method two madness

39. janmalique says:

Spooky challenge this week Sue. I’ve posted my offering, hope it’s suitable. x

40. Pingback: Steel – #writephoto – thehouseofbailey

41. Very late to this one this week – and I screwed up my pingback as I had to amend it. So here is my link

42. Pingback: Northblood – #writephoto - Scott Andrew Bailey

43. Goes live in the morning (5/8 at 7am ET)…found you via one of the April A to Z blogs.

44. Pingback: Engraving Hope #writephoto

45. Pingback: #writephoto – Ascent – Robbie's inspiration

46. Hi Sue, I am a bit more timeous this week. Here is my tanka poem: https://robbiesinspiration.wordpress.com/2018/05/08/writephoto-ascent/

47. My pleasure 😇

48. Pingback: The Lost Wife #Writephoto | anita dawes and jaye marie

49. Pingback: #writephoto – Ascent | K. D. Dowdall

50. Pingback: The Stairway to Serenity (Poem) #WritePhoto – TheSeedSowerz Communications