Thursday photo prompt – Portal – #writephoto

#writephoto

Every Thursday at noon GMT, I publish one of my photos as a writing prompt.  If you know where the photo was taken, please keep it to yourself until the challenge is closed.

Throughout the week I will feature as many of the responses here on the Daily Echo as space allows. Every week, a full round-up of posts will be published linking back to the original posts of contributors.

You can find all last week’s entries in the weekly round-up. Please visit and read the stories and poems and explore the sites of their writers. I feature as many contributions as I can on the blog during the week, but given the volume of contributions that may not be all of them!

Use the image below as inspiration to create a post on your own blog… poetry, prose, humour… light or dark, whatever you choose, by noon (GMT)  Wednesday 13th December and link back to this post with a pingback. There is no word limit and no style requirements, except to keep it fairly family friendly.

If you are unsure of how to create a pingback, Hugh has an excellent tutorial here.

Pingbacks need to be manually approved, so either check back to make sure that the pingback has appeared or simply copy and paste your link into the comments section of this post.

The best way to ensure your post is featured is to send it well before the deadline but all posts will be included in a round up on Thursday 14th December.

Feel free to use #writephoto logo or include the prompt photo in your post if you wish or you can replace it with one of your own to illustrate your work. Don’t forget to use the #writephoto hashtag in your title so your posts can be found.

Have fun!

This entry was posted in photo prompt, Photography, Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

74 Responses to Thursday photo prompt – Portal – #writephoto

1. Elizabeth says:

Love the photo! Mysterious!

2. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt – Portal – #writephoto – Ladyleemanila

3. Pingback: A BETTER WORLD – Iain Kelly

4. Iain Kelly says:

So many possibilities with this photo, can’t wait to see what others come up with. Here’s my effort:

5. Pingback: neelwrites/tunnel/weekendwritingprompt/thursdayphotoprompt/fiction/flash/shortstory/07/12/2017 | neelwritesblog

6. Pingback: Portal #writephoto | The Story Files

7. Pingback: #writephoto: At the end of the corridor – Jane Dougherty Writes

8. Pingback: Drugged | Flip Flops Every day

9. James says:

My story is still in draft and I am stuck at the garage getting my oil changed

10. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt – Portal – #writephoto | Two on a Rant

11. Pingback: When Erica Walks in Darkness | Powered by Robots

12. Pingback: Portal – #writephoto | Trent's World (the Blog)

13. trentpmcd says:

Very cool photo. So many questions created by it. Is the portal at the end, or is that band of light the portal? I decided the latter: https://trentsworldblog.wordpress.com/2017/12/07/portal-writephoto/

14. Pingback: One great sin #writephoto – Fall Musings

15. Pingback: Beyond the Veil (Thursday Photo Prompt-Portal- #writephoto) | jagahdilmein

16. Pingback: #WritePhoto – Portal | But I Smile Anyway...

17. Ritu says:

Written with a rather befuddled head this morning Sue, but hope you enjoy!

18. Pingback: Portal #writephoto – Of Glass & Paper

19. Challenging to add a “Children’s Tale” twist to this picture but I did what I could for my 48th Daily Tale, Sue! Hope you enjoy it 😉

20. Pingback: writephoto :: portal – tea & paper

21. Elizabeth says:

Hi Sue, my link is up here! Have a great day!

22. Pingback: Heed – Journey

23. Pingback: #writephoto — Lord of the Manor – This, That, and The Other

24. Pingback: Sanity Stuck in Shredder – #writephoto

25. hi Sue,
    this is the first time I am visiting this enclave. here is my take on the prompt

26. Pingback: The Seer – Reena Saxena

27. Pingback: There I Was, Doing This Job… #writephoto | TanGental

28. Pingback: Portal (a koan collage) | method two madness

29. memadtwo says:

I’ve gone off on a tangent this week (or maybe off the edge into my own portal…)