Thursday photo prompt: Invitation #writephoto

#writephoto

Use the image below as inspiration to create a post on your own blog… poetry, prose, humour… light or dark, whatever you choose, by noon (GMT)  Wednesday 6 th March and link back to this post with a pingback to be included in the round-up.  There is no word limit and no style requirements, except to keep it fairly family friendly.

For visually challenged writers, the image shows an imposing stone gateway, with pillars carved with foliage and strange faces… and the gates standing ajar.

All posts will be featured in the round-up on Thursday March 7th at 10am GMT, linking back to the original posts of contributors. Throughout the week I will feature as many of the responses here on the Daily Echo as space allows and (more or less) in the order in which they come in.

You can find all last week’s entries in the weekly round-up. Please visit and read the stories and poems and explore the sites of their writers. I will feature as many contributions as I can on the blog during the week.

Please link your post to this by creating a pingback. If you are unsure of how to create a pingback, Hugh has an excellent tutorial here.

Pingbacks need to be manually approved, so either check back to make sure that the pingback has appeared or simply copy and paste your link into the comments section of this post.

Feel free to use #writephoto logo or include the prompt photo in your post if you wish or you can replace it with one of your own to illustrate your work. Don’t forget to use the #writephoto hashtag in your title so your posts can be found.

Meanwhile, I would like to invite all writephoto regulars to come and introduce themselves on the blog as my  guest!

Click here for details

Have fun!

This entry was posted in photo prompt, Photography, Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

147 Responses to Thursday photo prompt: Invitation #writephoto

1. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt: Invitation #writephoto | willowdot21

Somehow half my comment got lost. I wanted to say this is an intriguing photo prompt, thank you ❤

The first link was wrong! I am beset by gremlins today! here is the correct link https://willowdot21.wordpress.com/2019/02/28/thursday-photo-prompt-invitation-writephoto/ can you delete the first one pleas e ❤

4. Pingback: It’s Only You Who Can Choose – Crushed Caramel (Learner at love)

5. Pingback: INVITATION – Iain Kelly

6. Iain Kelly says:

I so really wanted to write about a light, happy invitation, I really did!

7. Sue Vincent says:

Thanks, Willow ❤

8. Pingback: I don’t like being alone – Reena Saxena

9. Pingback: Choice – Positive Side Of The Coin

10. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt: Invitation #writephoto | Campbells World

11. Good atmospheric photo, Sue. It seems to carry on from last week’s prompt…

12. Great photo, and yes, intriguing! Will enjoy pondering a write for it 🙂

13. Pingback: Conversation Haiku: Break In | The Dark Netizen

14. Pingback: Whimsey’s Gate (#writephoto) – Antonia Sara Zenkevitch

15. Pingback: Invitation #writephoto | Trent's World (the Blog)

16. trentpmcd says:

Cool gate. As you may have guessed, I decided to continue my story… Here is this week’s chapter: https://trentsworldblog.wordpress.com/2019/02/28/invitation-writephoto/

17. Pingback: Invitation #writephoto | Of Glass & Paper

18. Oooh, gorgeous image, Sue. I have to find my muse and get her to work. 🙂

19. Pingback: Invitation #writephoto | But I Smile Anyway...

20. Pingback: First and last through the gates. – Mallaband-Brown

21. Another beautiful photo! Here is my short for “Invitation”. http://thegistjournal.com/2019/02/28/invitation-writephoto/

22. Pingback: #writephoto — The Affliction – This, That, and The Other

23. Pingback: The Key | Na'ama Yehuda

24. I love love LOVE this!
    Thank you, Sue, for the photo prompt and for the story it brought up in response.
    Na’ama

25. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt: Invitation #writephoto – The Garden Party | Morpethroad

26. Pingback: The silence of distance – Panache

27. Hii, I am Ramyani and this is my first time in this prompt. I am just a novice but anyway, tried. ☺️ I hope you will like it.

28. Pingback: The invitation – Kyt Wright

29. Pingback: Addie’s Little Adventure/Invitation #writephoto | Notes to Women

30. Pingback: The Monet Affair/Invitation #writephoto – A Heart for Africa

31. Pingback: The Bet/Invitation #writephoto – Deborah's Deliberations

32. Pingback: Thursday Photo Prompt # Writephoto ; Invitation: March 1/2019 – Keep it alive

33. Pingback: The Secret Place – Being in Nature

34. Suzanne says:

This photo captured my imagination. Thank you for the inspiration. https://beinginnatureblog.wordpress.com/2019/03/02/the-secret-place/

35. Pingback: An Invitation/An Opening | Padre's Ramblings

36. Pingback: Ophelia | Thru Violet's Lentz

37. Violet Lentz says:

A bit of cross-pollinated inspiration, and Voile! We Have Ophelia… Thank you so much for the venue and all your coordinated efforts.

38. Pingback: Portcullis of Peace (#writephoto) | Abandoned Amenities

39. Pingback: Castles In The Air #writephoto #flashfiction | TanGental

40. Pingback: #writephoto: Inferno – Jane Dougherty Writes

41. Pingback: #Writephoto ~ Portal | anita dawes and jaye marie

42. Pingback: The Very Thought of You #writephoto #amwriting – Sascha Darlington's Microcosm Explored

43. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt: Invitation #writephoto « strangegoingsonintheshed

44. Pingback: Return - Poetry For Healing

45. Pingback: An Open Invitation – cosistories

46. cosistories says:

When I saw this prompt, I got one idea in my head. But this is the one that came out instead:

47. Pingback: Open the Gate – What she wrote next

48. Pingback: Clarity | Willow Poetry

49. Hi sue
    My interpretation of this weeks photo prompt

50. Pingback: Verging | method two madness

51. Pingback: Gates Across the Border #writephoto - Kaleidoscope of My Life

52. Pingback: Invitation – Anneberly Andrews

53. Pingback: Escape – #Writephoto | Myths of the Mirror

54. Pingback: #writephoto – The Invitation – #shortstory | Night Owl Poetry - Dorinda Duclos

55. Pingback: This March Madness: a #writephoto #haibun – Frank J. Tassone