Thursday photo prompt: New #writephoto

#writephoto

Use the image below as inspiration to create a post on your own blog… poetry, prose, humour… light or dark, whatever you choose, by noon (GMT)  Wednesday 20th February and link back to this post with a pingback to be included in the round-up.  There is no word limit and no style requirements, except to keep it fairly family friendly.

For visually challenged writers, the image shows two distant figures silhouetted against a flaming sky.

All posts will be featured in the round-up on Thursday February 21st at 10am GMT, linking back to the original posts of contributors. Throughout the week I will feature as many of the responses here on the Daily Echo as space allows and (more or less) in the order in which they come in.

You can find all last week’s entries in the weekly round-up. Please visit and read the stories and poems and explore the sites of their writers. I will feature as many contributions as I can on the blog during the week.

Please link your post to this by creating a pingback. If you are unsure of how to create a pingback, Hugh has an excellent tutorial here.

Pingbacks need to be manually approved, so either check back to make sure that the pingback has appeared or simply copy and paste your link into the comments section of this post.

Feel free to use #writephoto logo or include the prompt photo in your post if you wish or you can replace it with one of your own to illustrate your work. Don’t forget to use the #writephoto hashtag in your title so your posts can be found.

Meanwhile, I would like to invite all writephoto regulars to come and introduce themselves on the blog as my  guest!

Click here for details

Have fun!

This entry was posted in photo prompt, Photography, Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

70 Responses to Thursday photo prompt: New #writephoto

1. janmalique says:

I’ll post my entry later this afternoon Sue.

Another beautiful photo 💜

3. Pingback: A NEW START – Iain Kelly

4. Iain Kelly says:

Beautiful shot Sue, worth the climb to get there 🙂

5. Patty says:

Reblogged this on Campbells World.

6. Pingback: Explore – Positive Side Of The Coin

7. Pingback: New #writephoto | Of Glass & Paper

8. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt: New #writephoto | willowdot21

9. Patty says:

This darn photo has inspired me to rework something I wrote last year round this time and has totally knocked my morning plans to heck.

LOL!

10. Pingback: Emergence – Thursday photo prompt: New #writephoto « strangegoingsonintheshed

11. Lovely pic (and pick) for Valentine’s Day, Sue.
    I need to get back to writing these. I miss them. Will think on this one. Hope you’re doing well. ❤

12. Pingback: Night Tightens Like a Noose | Powered by Robots

13. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt: New #writephoto | Ann Writes Inspiration

14. antoniazen says:

Cheating a bit here, as it is not a new work so I’m not asking for it to be reblogged or added to the roundup. However, I was happily reminded of a poem I wrote called ‘Mermaid up a Mountain’, which had a certain renewed resonance for me today as someone with very limited mobility. Here’s the link if anyone is interested: antoniasarazenkevitch.com/2014/03/10/mermaid-up-a-mountain.

Thanks, Antonia

15. Pingback: New #writephoto | But I Smile Anyway...

16. Pingback: almost perfect #writephoto

17. Pingback: Love of course! – freshdaisiesdotme

18. Pingback: A new start – Being in Nature

19. Suzanne says:

This is an inspiring photo Sue. Thank you. Here’s my response. https://beinginnatureblog.wordpress.com/2019/02/15/a-new-start/

20. Pingback: A New Relationship/New #writephoto – A Heart for Africa

21. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt: New #writephoto – Camping. | Morpethroad

22. Pingback: #writephoto — Begging The Question – This, That, and The Other

23. Pingback: Watching the Sun Rise – writing in north norfolk

24. kim881 says:

That’s a gorgeous photo, Sue! I tried to take some photographs of the mist this morning but I just got a pointillist version – my camera didn’t like the light before sunrise! So I wrote this instead:

25. Pingback: The Final Goodbye | jagahdilmein

26. What a brilliant photo Sue. Here’s my romantic entry for the week: https://jagahdilmein.wordpress.com/2019/02/15/the-final-goodbye/

27. Pingback: The Erosion Of Hope #writephoto #flashfiction | TanGental

28. Pingback: #Writephoto… New #Poetry | anita dawes and jaye marie

29. Pingback: #writephoto: Baginbun – Jane Dougherty Writes

30. A contemplative response to your uplifting photo this week to dispel the Valentine’s blues at http://bobfairfield.org/2019/02/16/sue-vincents-thursdayphotoprompt-writephoto-2/

31. Pingback: Only If You Come With Me – Crushed Caramel (Learner at love)

32. Hi Sue

My take on this stunning photo. Sunrises are a beautiful part of the day