FACEBOOK AND WORDPRESS – A NOTIFICATION YOU SHOULD READ

Serendipity - Seeking Intelligent Life on Earth

First the released my data to Cambridge Analytica. That led to having my identity stolen and my computer hacked. How many new ways can they find to become worthless?

FROM WORDPRESS:

You have probably gotten the same message via email, but in case you missed it or deleted it without reading it, you might want to read it. Many of us use Facebook for publicizing our blogs. This will stop the day after tomorrow. You can return to what I used to do: copy and paste your link into Facebook, especially if you have a fair number of followers on Facebook as I do. I already disconnected it from Publicize. I’ll probably manually post pieces as I see fit. I guess we will all have to make our own choices about this.

We wanted to update you about an upcoming change Facebook is introducing to their platform, and which affects…

View original post 329 more words

This entry was posted in Photography. Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to FACEBOOK AND WORDPRESS – A NOTIFICATION YOU SHOULD READ

1. Jnana Hodson says:

Thanks for the update. Facebook has definitely been problematic, and I’ve seen little payoff for the work spent there. Will look forward to suggestions on where to put any additional effort from here.

I think going the ‘page’ route is the best option for Facebook for now… though there are other sites that seem at least as popular. I just haven;’t got round to Instagram yet 😉

Liked by 3 people

• I’m on Instagram but I haven’t worked out how to post images + articles from something other than my phone although I believe there is a way to do it. However, one of the blogs I followed has ditched her WordPress although it’s still around and only posts to Instagram. She said she was getting far more followers on there so I really must investigate and get my head around it. It has something to do with making sure your Instagram account is a business one but I’ve lost the instructions I’d saved!

I haven’t got anywhere near Instagram yet…

• Actually, you can ONLY post from a phone or an iPad. You cannot post to Instagram from a laptop or desktop. It’s why I didn’t go any farther with it. It required too many steps to get pictures up. They have it posted in BIG letters: You cannot post here from a laptop or desktop.

And you really can’t. I tried.

• That’s exactly why I didn’t go any further. However, if an iPad can do it, that would make it easier for me. Why do everybody and everything make things so difficult? I must be imagining that I’d read it was possible from a laptop. Sick of the world and want to get off!

• prior.. says:

me either sue – no instagram yet

2. That explains a lot. Thanks for posting, Sue. I obviously decided not to read the relevant email. Mind you, for me they stopped posting on FB around May but I only noticed just before the weekend. It certainly explains why they kept telling me I hadn’t posted for ages and my fans were missing me! I just thought, ‘How stupid, I posted yesterday’ and didn’t check. More fool me!

3. ksbeth says:

oh, no. here goes a tech adjustment again ) definitely my kryptonite

Liked by 3 people

4. I stopped using publicize when it stopped sharing the correct pictures. Facebook pulls from your entire blog, so it’s lyck of the draw what comes up. God forbid they would want to help us out in any way. 😡

Liked by 2 people

5. Pingback: FACEBOOK AND WORDPRESS – A NOTIFICATION YOU SHOULD READ — Sue Vincent’s Daily Echo – Afterwards

6. prior.. says:

thx for the update

7. Facebook becomes more problematic everyday.

Liked by 3 people