Thursday photo prompt – Spur – #writephoto

#writephoto

Every Thursday at noon GMT, I publish one of my photos as a writing prompt.

Throughout the week I will feature a number of the responses here on the Daily Echo as space allows. Every week, a full round-up of posts will be published linking back to the original posts of contributors.

You can find all last week’s entries in the weekly round-up. Please visit and read the stories and poems and explore the sites of their writers. I feature as many contributions as I can on the blog during the week, but given the volume of contributions that may not be all of them!

Use the image below as inspiration to create a post on your own blog… poetry, prose, humour… light or dark, whatever you choose, by noon (GMT)  Wednesday 25th October and link back to this post with a pingback. There is no word limit and no style requirements, except to keep it fairly family friendly.

If you are unsure of how to create a pingback, Hugh has an excellent tutorial here.

Pingbacks need to be manually approved, so either check back to make sure that the pingback has appeared or simply copy and paste your link into the comments section of this post.

The best way to ensure your post is featured is to send it well before the deadline but all posts will be included in a round up on Thursday 26th October.

Feel free to use #writephoto logo or include the prompt photo in your post if you wish or you can replace it with one of your own to illustrate your work. Don’t forget to use the #writephoto hashtag in your title so your posts can be found.

Have fun!

This entry was posted in photo prompt, Photography, Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

58 Responses to Thursday photo prompt – Spur – #writephoto

1. This one…will elicit some interesting responses !

2. teandpaper says:

a difficult word for today, my mind will need to fly farther on this one!

3. Pingback: Shadowspeak – Reena Saxena

4. Nice one Sue. I can’t wait to see what this produces!

5. This is not your usual style at all! How are we going to cope?

6. Pingback: Thursday Photo Challenge: The Spur. | willowdot21

7. Pingback: #writephoto: Equine retribution – Jane Dougherty Writes

8. Pingback: Spur – #writephoto | Trent's World (the Blog)

9. trentpmcd says:

Cool photo. I can think of a hundred directions i could take it if i didn’t need to add a chapter to my story. The shadow… and i didn’t use it. What did I use? Glad you asked 😉 : https://trentsworldblog.wordpress.com/2017/10/19/spur-writephoto/

10. Pingback: SPUR OF THE MOMENT – Iain Kelly

11. Iain Kelly says:

My first time joining in with the Thursday prompt. Hope you enjoy reading it! https://iainkellywriting.wordpress.com/2017/10/19/spur-of-the-moment/

12. Pingback: Old Man Jones | Flip Flops Every day

13. Sandi says:

That was tricky. I had to have a couple cups of coffee, work a little, and mull over the story. I switched directions a few times. 🙂

14. Interesting one, Sue. Thanks for the great prompt. 🙂

15. Pingback: #writephoto — Optical Illusion – This, That, and The Other

16. Fandango says:

You’ll never guess what I thought I saw when I first looked at this picture.

17. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt – Spur – #writephoto | Morpethroad

18. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt – Spur – #writephoto – Ladyleemanila

19. Pingback: Writephoto::spur – tea & paper

20. janmalique says:

Hi Sue,
    I’ve posted my strange offering now. Great challenge for this week, lovely image!
    Finding it difficult to copy the link to the post though.

21. Pingback: Adios Amigo – Smell The Coffee

22. Pingback: #writephoto 10-19-17 – Spur – The Bag Lady

23. Pingback: Spur #writephoto | The Story Files

24. Pingback: Spurs | kim

25. Pingback: Living In The Shadows #writephoto | TanGental

26. Pingback: Spurred | I Have Pretty Strong Convictions, I Guess

27. Pingback: Living In The Shadows #writephoto  – Geoff LePard | Sue Vincent's Daily Echo

28. Pingback: #writephoto – Love Triangle | This is Another Story