Within #midnighthaiku

Beyond the surface

Passing too often unseen

A light shines within

Taken at Lincoln Cathedral, I was amazed at how few people seemed to notice the paths of light cast by the stained glass windows. The architecture, the medieval carvings and the windows themselves drew the eyes of visitors, but the light passed unnoticed…and yet surely that is the one universal symbol that all can understand…

It seemed a perfect analogy for the way we so often overlook the light within each other and within ourselves.

This entry was posted in Photography, Poetry and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Within #midnighthaiku

1. tidalscribe says:

I love Lincoln Cathedral and I’m sure I would have noticed the light! I always look out for patterns created by staine glass.

2. Tempest says:

Reblogged this on Tempest.

This is so amazing and I am always enchanted when I see these paths of light…. Happily for me I see them often . Thank you for sharing Sue 💜💜

4. memadtwo says:

I love watching what the light does. Even the passing cars reflecting on the wall. This light makes such beautiful pathways…how could they miss it I wonder? (K)

5. Widdershins says:

Light always draws my attention. We’ve had some spectacular pink sunsets over the last few days. Even the air seems to have turned pink. 🙂

6. macjam47 says:

It is a beautiful cathedral and I can’t imagine no one taking notice of the streams of light. 💕🤗💕