“…you gotta to take pride in your work, kid.” ‘Blind’ Jake inspected the crumb he picked out of the matted tangle of his beard. “You gotta remember, beggin’ is a service industry. They gives us money, we eats, and they feel good.” Another coin chinked in his hat.
Sarah Brentyn at Lemon Shark is hosting a Flash Fiction challenge to raise funds for the victims of the hurricanes that have devastated so many lives. Please join in.
1. Write a piece of flash fiction in 50 words or less with the theme: Help
(This can be any sort of assistance, support, encouragement, or a story of someone or something that needs help. You do not need to use the prompt word. Be creative! It can be 50 words, 15 words…even a six-word story. Anything goes provided it is prose up to 50 words. It doesn’t have to be sunshine and rainbows but keep it PG and friendly.)
2. Add a new post on your blog with your flash fiction and the hashtag #Flash4Storms in the title
3. Link to Sarah’s post HERE
4. Leave a comment here with a link to your post so I know you’ve participated
5. Help spread the word on social media with the hashtags:
Sarah will donate $1 to hurricane relief for every flash that is posted (up to $50).
The challenge is open until October 15th, 2017.
While participating in this fun flash prompt, consider helping out one of the numerous hurricane relief charities. Every little bit helps.
original image source: NASA