Break down and break-time

Well, assuming that my poorly car actually escapes at some point today from the mechanics who are holding her captive, and nothing else decides to go wrong, screw up, fall sick or explode… including me… I’ll be heading north shortly for the Silent Eye’s autumn event.

It is always touch and go getting to Scotland. The first time we attempted the trip, we ended up in Dorset instead. The great coffee pot explosion had stopped us in our tracks and I couldn’t go anywhere till the bandages were off. The second time, we did actually manage it… though taking our ‘summer holiday’ in January pretty much guaranteed that we would be turned back by snow just short of our hoped-for destination…and that was without the warning lights taunting us from the dashboard of the car. I’m hoping it will be third time lucky!

There will be hills and ancient stone, there may be mountains and, if I’m very lucky, the heather may still be in bloom. There will be friends to hug and places to explore… and an awful lot of miles to drive. I will, therefore, inevitably be away from the computer for a while…not entirely out of touch but I may be a bit quiet. On the other hand, we will be exploring new places, visiting ancient sites and gathering lots of photos for when we return.

The Thursday photoΒ  prompt is all set up and ready to go and I’ve left a few posts just to keep the place warm…

Meanwhile, although it may not seem the obvious way to convalesce, I really can’t think of a better way at all πŸ™‚

This entry was posted in adventure, albion, The Silent Eye, travel and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

38 Responses to Break down and break-time

1. Enjoy your self, take care of your self!

2. I hope you have a great time. πŸ™‚

3. Lucy Brazier says:

Safe journey and please don’t explode!

4. Have a great time. I look forward to more photos.

I hope you manage to get there this time, Sue… enjoy!

6. Take care and enjoy yourself when you get there.

7. Helen Jones says:

Fingers crossed the car behaves! Looking forward to seeing you Friday 😊

8. besonian says:

Have a good time, Sue. I’m envious. Long time since I saw Scotland.

9. Can’t think of a better place, Scotland is so beautiful, (the midges just may have lessoned by now) Have a great time πŸ™‚

10. ksbeth says:

enjoy yourself and get better –

11. Victo Dolore says:

Oh, yay! Have a good, safe trip. Can’t wait to see the photos. πŸ™‚

12. Mary Smith says:

Enjoy. Wish I was coming with you – or you were coming somewhere closer to me. I look forward to reading about your adventures when you return.

13. Jennie says:

Three’s the charm, as they say.

14. I hope you have a wonderfully magical and safe trip. I cannot wait to see the photos and posts to follow. xoxo

15. Hope third times a charm and you have better luck this time. I also hope you enjoy your trip, whether it goes as planned or not.

16. Scotland recently ranked number 1 in the list of most beautiful places on earth. Enjoy your time, be well, safe travels, Sue.

17. Widdershins says:

‘Lots of photos’ …. Yaaaay! … stay warm, stay safe, have fun. πŸ™‚

18. Eliza Waters says:

Safe travels, Sue. Have a great weekend!

19. dgkaye says:

I hope you’re car is ready and you’re gone by the time you read this. I do have to say, I burst out laughing in the first paragraph of this post, LOL. Seriously. enough Murphy! Have a great time! Keep us posted. ❀

20. Safe travels. Enjoy your rest 😊