Stone Shepherdess…

Images from Callanish, June 2019…

***

***

***

***

***

***

***

About Stuart France

Writer and Director of The Silent Eye, a modern Mystery School.
This entry was posted in adventure, Ancestors, Ancient sites and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

43 Responses to Stone Shepherdess…

Sue keeping those stones in line πŸ’œ

Liked by 3 people

2. Mary Smith says:

Stunning images, Stuart. Can’t wait to get there.
    I was sitting in Castle Douglas wondering where you’d got to as it was one of the times Carin Holy was on scheduled.

Liked by 2 people

3. Ruth says:

I love the atmosphere at Callanish – it feels so old and magical, like a portal to the past. I haven’t been there in years but in the life of a Bronze Age monument that’s probably about a second ago! I particularly love that last image, Sue looks at one with the stones as if she has become part of the mystical landscape herself. Sending hugs ❀

Liked by 2 people

Reblogged this on willowdot21 and commented:
    Macical

5. Wonderful pictures Stuart, and Sue looks right at home amongst them. I have an idea they may well have been telling her their secrets.
    Thinking of you, Sue’s family and Ani ❀

6. Chills. Thank you for sharing these ❀️

7. noelleg44 says:

I told Sue that one of my goals was to visit these stones – I think her spirit will be there!

8. How very beautiful, all 😊❀

Liked by 2 people

9. At one with the stones.

10. Thanks for sharing this. She’s become one with the stones and the land she loved.

Liked by 2 people

11. These are lovely pictures, Stuart. Thank you for sharing them.

Liked by 2 people

12. KL Caley says:

Beautiful. Thank you for sharing. KL ❀

Liked by 2 people

13. Eliza Waters says:

She is home at last. ❀
    Darn, now I'm weeping again…
    How are you and Ani faring, Stuart?

Liked by 2 people

14. petespringerauthor says:

That’s remarkable. One could easily miss her. I hope to one day visit there.

Liked by 2 people

15. restlessjo says:

What a wonderful surprise this morning. I missed it yesterday πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ I just published a Midnight Haiku, Stuart. She’s still with us, isn’t she?

16. V.M.Sang says:

She will always be with those who knew her, whether virtually or lucky enough to have known her in the flesh. Whenever I visit an ancient place, I’ll think of her. I’m sure she’ll be there.

17. Such a sense of kinship and belonging here. She looks natural and at home. Thanks so much, Stuart, for sharing this series of photos. πŸ’— Thinking of you, the kids, grandchildren, and Ani. Love and light to you all.

18. Darlene says:

These photos are wonderful. Thanks. Sending hugs to you and Ani. xo

19. Widdershins says:

She’s visiting all those Stones from the other side now … which is as it should be. πŸ™‚
    How are you holding up, Stuart, you and Ani?

20. Jules says:

Thank you for sharing this history… I looked up the Stones.

almost timeless there
    slower breath, those stones exhale
    guides of Callanish

Β©JP/dh

Liked by 2 people

21. Charli Mills says:

A gorgeous sequence of photos, Stuart. It reminds me of a passage from an essay: “And she is this Earth’s gardener. a rock gardener, a stone teller, a stone tender. She knows these rocks, every one of them; they’re her people, her children, her tribe.” Sharon Blackie.

Liked by 2 people