Cusp #midnighthaiku

Winter world dreaming

Cold shores remembering warmth

Tides begin to turn

This entry was posted in Photography, Poetry and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Cusp #midnighthaiku

1. noelleg44 says:

December 21 and the days grow longer!

2. Alli Templeton says:

When you see pictures and words like that, you can hear spring calling too. I love the dark days too, but I am missing my long walks in the spring. So I’ll think of this when I’m in Portsmouth tomorrow with Maddie on the HMS Victory, by the ‘cold shores’… 🙂

I hope the weather is mild for you both… it was surprisingly mild in Whitby a couple of weeks back 🙂

• Alli Templeton says:

Thanks Sue. I envy you being up there, and I’m glad you had some milder weather. It’s been bitter here. Hopefully being on the cost it’ll be slightly less biting. Fingers crossed anyway. 🙂

You would have loved it, Alli. I hope you’ll come along one of these days perhaps 🙂
          It was not what you would call warm, but most of the time, a shawl was enough… which was unexpected for December!

• Alli Templeton says:

I bet it was really special, Sue. If I ever get to look sideways I’ll try and come along. 🙂
            Portsmouth was, as expected, cold but not as bad as it has been recently. But it was also very beautiful. We were there for the first time when it got dark, and they had decorated the foremast and yards with lights to make a giant Christmas tree! It looked fantastic. A much-needed break for me and Maddie. 🙂