Update – the spider from hell

Thank you to those of you who have been in touch by phone, text and email. I was taken back to hospital yesterday because of the spider bites and a nasty allergic reaction to the antibiotics. I’ll spare you the symptoms but it wasn’t pretty. Sleeping a lot now… and going back to bed.

Unfortunately, the spider is still somewhere in the car…

This entry was posted in Life and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

116 Responses to Update – the spider from hell

1. Marcia says:

OMG, I hadn’t read about this yet, Sue. I hope by the time you see my reply, you are feeling MUCH better. I will confess, while I’m fine with reptiles, I loathe spiders, and have had to work very hard to learn not to kill them on sight. The thought of one lurking in my car, ready to draw blood, is horrifying! I’d be very interested to know if you ever find out what it is. It sounds formidable! And I’d heard spider bites are awful, but you’re the first I’ve “met” with firsthand experience. I’m SO sorry! Hope your ordeal ends soon, and becomes a thing of the past. But mostly, I hope you catch and KILL the wretched spider!! Good luck. My thoughts are with you!

2. Ritu says:

Think you may need to fumigate the car!!!!

3. Ugh. Get well soon and begone spider!

4. Mary Smith says:

Oh, no, Sue. I hope you feel better soon.

5. My sympathies. Hope you feel better soon.

6. macjam47 says:

Wow! I didn’t know. I’m so sorry and hope you are feeling better. I’ve experienced several spider bites, but none that landed me in the hospital. This spider must have been a humdinger. Yes, I agree, get your car fumigated. Take it easy and get better. (((HUGS)))

7. I also agree with Ritu. This has become a serious health issue. If it’s a Brown Recluse, (I don’t know if you have the “Brown Recluse” spider in the UK–if not, it may have traveled in your American friends’ luggage). it’s poisonous and might lay eggs. I hope you’re feeling better soon. Take care. — Suzanne

8. Oh, my. That spider still in your car ! Feel better, Sue. Thinking of you. πŸ’˜

9. Victo Dolore says:

Oh, I am sorry. When the treatment becomes worse than the illness you know you are in trouble. Recover quickly!

10. Julian Beach says:

Ow! Get well soon, Sue.

11. Cathy says:

How awful, Sue. Hope you feel better very soon.

12. janmalique says:

First sight of this post today, hope you’re on the road to recovery Sue.

13. Wishing you a speedy recovery. Smash that spider!

14. Get well soon, Sue. Sorry to hear it’s all taken a turn for the worst.
    Hugs from Toby and me.
    xx

15. Judy Martin says:

Oh Sue, I have only just seen this. I hope that you are ok, and that you are back home again soon. How awful for you.
    Sending you my best wishes for a speedy recovery! πŸ™‚

16. Spider bites. Underrated. I’m glad you’re still hanging in there. It’ll get better. Truly. It will.

17. Feel for you! I suffer terribly with allergic reactions to all insect bites. Hope it’s better soon. Sleep is usually the best cure for me too!

18. Take it very, very easy, Sue. We’ll still be here!

19. Oh dear – I didn’t know – are you ok??

20. Val Boyko says:

Feel better soon!

21. Hello, Sue! I am so sorry that a spider has bitten you. One hope you are not in danger.
    Stay sweet and get well soon.
    God bless

22. Holy Moly Sue! I’m glad you’re on the mend. I’m sorry you are going through this. Break out the heavy duty vacuum!!!! Or bug bomb the car!

So very sorry, Sue. Hope you find the little bigger…

24. Kathy Lauren says:

Oh no, how awful..Get better soon. If I were you I get some spider spray and kill the sucker.

25. OMG! I missed this! Take care. Bug bomb your car! 😱😘❀️

26. softsenta says:

Good luck. They a creepy little sods.

27. Maybe the pest control can fumigate the car! It sounds scary now… take rest…get well soon, Sue… πŸ™‚

28. Darcy says:

I managed to miss this too! Get well soon ~ the only thing crazier than bad reactions to Things are bad reactions to Allopathic Medicine — ewww. Spiders can be awful…. God bless and keep the spider(s) …far away from us!

29. Rest up and let your body heal, Sue. Get well soon.

30. Woebegone but Hopeful says:

Just catching up. Sorry to ready about this. (And here’s me letting spiders wander about our house as security guards against other bugs). Hope you are making steady progress and that this particular spider is soon out of your car one way or the other

31. KL Caley says:

OMG Sue, Just catching up on posts and came across this. I hope you are feeling better and catch the little devil before he can do any more damage. Take Care! KL ❀

32. Pete Hulme says:

Sorry to be late realising you’ve been badly bitten. The news somehow fell below my radar. Sounds really nasty. You are remembered in my prayers. Take care.

Thank you, Pete. I appreciate that. The allergic reaction to the antibiotics was as bad as the bite and probably more dangerous, but I’m on the mend now.

33. noelleg44 says:

With that reaction, I had a feeling you would need to go to the hospital. I’m so sorry this happened to you. By contrast, my swollen finger from a bee bite the other day is just a pin prick. Take care of yourself. Also remember WHICH antibiotic you had the reaction to – there may be others you can tolerate. Did they give you some steroids?

34. Widdershins says:

OK, this is not the way to workshop a story plot! …. hope all is well soon.

35. Goodness, hope you are better. What an ordeal!

36. Eliza Waters says:

From bad to worse! I hope Ani is giving you lots of good hugs for healing and you’ll be back to your ol’ self soon. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

37. Wow…hope you are getting better! This sounds like a horror story for sure! Now you will be afraid to get in the car again! Get a big shoe to take with you in the car…hair spray works too πŸ™‚