Late night coffee

garden 024

It has been a productive day. I finished the garden, with a mental note that next time I think I am well enough for these things, I should question my sanity. Seriously.  At least twice.

My forearms look like they have lost a wrestling match with a pincushion and I am seriously going off nettles.. well, not really, the insects love them and they have so many uses. But not where I don’t want them.

And I believe I may have accumulated a number of baby spiders in my hair from the honeysuckle hedge and the clematis.

garden 011

I’ve done stuff for my son, fitted new windscreen wiper arms finally, laundry, ironing, a couple of blog posts and untold emails.

I’ve researched and written up an in depth overview of sixty ancient gods for the 2014 Silent Eye workshop… oh but that is going to be such fun… and answered student diaries.

I’ve even rescued Ani from the sparrows that mobbed her when she tried to tell me the first baby bird was stuck down the side of the shed.

Ani, meanwhile, has protected me from pigeons, brought all her toys back outside and dug up the sofa, she appears to think it was funny.

garden 002

For some reason, I’m a little tired tonight.

Of course, what I haven’t done is dinner. And although I have just taken the final antibiotic of the fortnight and my stomach may soon return to a modicum of normality, I am grateful for lunch with my son. A small matter of smoked salmon and teriyaki mushrooms.

garden 019

So… shower, toast and bed, I think.

Except there is a journal to write up, twenty to midnight or not….

Coffee anyone?

This entry was posted in Dogs, Life, Love and Laughter, Photography and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Late night coffee

1. Running Elk says:

Yep! Could do with another if you have any spare… coffee, that is… I’ve got plenty of nettles of me own! 🙂

2. Fran says:

Looks to me as though Ani is trying to entice you to chase her.

3. socialbridge says:

Delighted you’re feeling so much more energetic! Not surprised bed calls after all that. Sleep well when you get there.

4. arlene says:

Love this….it makes me remember my gardening effort with my Fukien tea plants. I could not make them in perfect round balls while trimming.

5. elizabeth says:

Ani’s absolutely beautiful.

6. TamrahJo says:

Congrats on going from 0 to 60 in such a short time from your surgery – – –
    (she says as she thinks, “tsk, tsk, hope she didn’t over do – but happy to see her up and at ’em full force again!)

7. I’d love to join you for coffee. Ani does look pleased as punch in that photo. Beautiful photos, Sue, and I do hope you’re feeling much better.

8. Pingback: Thank You, Thank You | earthriderdotcom

9. Sue … You already know. I nominated this post for Best Moment Award. The rules and my comments are on my blog: http://earth-rider.com/2013/06/20/thank-you-thank-you/

10. fransiweinstein says:

Never mind coffee. I think you need a double expresso!