Bloggers… do you know what you are?

Dear bloggers,

I woke up this morning to find comments, reblogs, innumerable Tweets , retweets and shares of all kinds from my post about Nick’s participation in the triathlon and his Indiegogo campaign for the acquired brain injury charity he is supporting. It has continued all day.

I cannot tell you how valuable that support can be. It isn’t just about raising funds, but about raising awareness. It is also, for me at least, about Nick himself and showing him that after the last few years, just by making it to the start line of the race, he is already a winner.

In the twenty four hours since Nick launched his campaign, £500 has already been donated… and here’s the thing that had me in tears with my coffee… YOU have done this. YOU, the blogging community.

I look at the list of donations and the vast majority of them are from fellow bloggers. Every cent, every penny, means a very great deal.

Every share, like, tweet and reblog… every comment… is making a real difference to Nick, holding up a mirror and allowing him to see a little of what we see. he has been bowled over by the support you have shown.

Please keep sharing and supporting Nick in any way you can.

I know that he still has a long way to go to reach his target… but what a way to begin!

So I just wanted to say Thank You

From the bottom of my heart.

You are a wonderful bunch, you know. You are incredible.

I feel privileged to be part of this community.

nick trike park birds flowers trees 002

You can read more about Nick’s journey by clicking on the ‘related posts’ or using the blog’s search bar… and of course, I will be sharing news as he gets closer to the event. Please help in any way you can.

If you don’t see the REBLOG button, click into the post by clicking the title to bring it up… and thank you!

Click here to visit Nick’s Campaign… and please continue to support him by donating or sharing.

This entry was posted in Blogging, Motherhood, Nick Verron and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

38 Responses to Bloggers… do you know what you are?

1. Marcia says:

Reblogged this on The Write Stuff and commented:
    A message from one of our own. Please read her son’s story, and share this wherever you can.

2. Mary Smith says:

I think we all think Nick is pretty incredible!

Liked by 2 people

3. Ritu says:

That is fantastic Sue!

4. stevetanham says:

Reblogged this on stevetanham and commented:
    From Sue Vincent, from the heart . . .

5. Reblogged this on Richard Ankers and commented:
    Gotta keep this one going folks. 🙂

6. Reblogged this on Myths of the Mirror and commented:
    The heart of the blogging community never ceases to amaze me. I enjoy the worlds of my imagination, but sometimes the real world is just too good to pass up!

7. Yoshiko says:

Even I feel privileged too

8. Oh, I am privileged to be a part of this wonderful community too. I am so pleased that the word is getting out there. and that Nick realises that we are all rooting for him 🙂

Liked by 2 people

9. Reblogged this on jeanetteford51 and commented:
    This very special young man deserves our attention and our support.

10. I’ve reblogged this on Jeanetteford51 although I don’t have that many followers yet – but every little helps. I have contributed too x

11. Eliza Waters says:

Support well-deserved! ❤

12. Jordan says:

Reblogged this on Call Me Incorrigible and commented:
    Please visit this blog and help all you can! These people are incredible!

13. Laura says:

This quote came to mind –

“The real loser is never the person who crosses the finishing line last. The real loser is the person who sits on the side, the person who does not even try to compete.”

A quote that can be applied to anything in life, not just sport.

Nick is a winner, whether he comes first or last!

I agree, laura… reaching the start line is as big a triumph as any. He’ll still race his best though 🙂

• Laura says:

Of course! If you’re going to enter something like this, you give it your best shot! 🙂 I do the same – I started jogging in May last year (as much of a surprise to me as it was to anyone lol), and I’ve done two 10k runs this year, in May and one a couple of weeks ago. I don’t exactly train, I just go out for a run when I feel like it and it isn’t raining, I know I’m not that fast, but I improved my time with the second run and I enjoy doing them (something I NEVER thought I’d say!). Yes, I get competitive and I want to do as well as I can, but at the end of the day, it’s the taking part that really counts. Nick will aim to do his best – but then he’ll want to improve on it, so then there’ll be another race, and another… and even if/when the physical improvements stop, the mental improvements won’t. No matter what, doing this will be brilliant for him, in many respects.

I’m following your blog now, so I can keep up to date with his progress 🙂

Nick has been limited to a wheelchair for six years. He got the trike three weeks ago…. and his legs have taken him two hundred miles since then 🙂 He was already extremely fit 🙂 he has plans… and no doubt he’ll let me share them … eventually 🙂

Wish we could do more, but from the sound of it, Nick is making remarkable progress all on his own! More power to his elbow!

15. Reblogged this on Wendy Anne Darling and commented:
    Reblog, Tweet, Like, spread the word, dear friends! The son of our own wonderful Sue Vincent is taking part in the upcoming UK Acquired PARA-TRI TRIATHLON on behalf of the Brain Injury Fund soon and needs our support. Read his story here!

16. The privilege is all ours! I hope you know this! My momma heart is happy for you! 😀 Yay

17. Reblogged this on Musings on Life & Experience and commented:
    This is so important.

18. Look how strong he is!!!