Web #midnighthaiku

Chamber of horrors

Awaiting the unwary

Fear its own captor

This entry was posted in Photography, Poetry and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Web #midnighthaiku

1. Sadje says:

The web looks so delicate yet it’s deadly

2. Pingback: #MidnightHaiku— Web – Paperkutzs

3. Jules says:

We’ve got some good and some dangerous spiders here. You may not have a what is called a Black Widow spider there. It has a black hour glass pattern on its back and you don’t want to be bitten by it. Brown recluse can often be found indoors too… some are very allergic to that venom as well. I try to stay clear of most spiders. I save some that come into the house. Their webs are really quite beautiful. I’ve managed to photograph a few. When they have morning due they really shine 🙂

Your capture of the Garden Orb spider is amazing. I looked on the ‘web’ to find out what it was. And found it here: http://www.bugsandweeds.co.uk/spiders.html

We are not supposed to have Black Widows here, and few of our native spiders are a problem where bites are concerned. Having said that, we have had a few accidentally imported and colonies of False Widows have been here for years.
      No idea what the spider was that got me, though I had been transporting the luggage of a friend from Claifornia, but I ended up with a leg like a balloon and seriously ill.

• Jules says:

I had a relative that had a small ankle bit from a spider and had a similar reaction. She didn’t even see what bit her, but thought it might have been a spider.

I had been trimming a bush for a relative in Florida and got bit by what is called a ‘No-see-um’ not sure what it was but I had a reaction the size of a half dollar coin (about the quarter of my palm) swell up!

I found the culprit eventually… a small, yellow spider, in the footwell of the car, that looked a bit like a crab…and nothing like any British spider I know.

• Jules says:

“Yes yellow sac spiders are venomous – poisonous in daily language. Bites from yellow sac spiders are also often misidentified as brown recluse spider bites. The symptoms and the development of the wound are quite the same but much less severe.”

Glad you found it… what ever it was. Hard to keep stowaways completely out of other countries. We now have an issue here with and insect that came over from an Asian country that came over in wooden pallets… Doing a very nasty job on some of our vineyards and other plants too.