Thursday photo prompt: Light #writephoto

#writephoto

Welcome to this week’s writephoto prompt. You can find all last week’s entries in the weekly round-up, which was published earlier today.

Use the image below as inspiration to create a post on your own blog… poetry, prose, humour… light or dark, whatever you choose, by noon (GMT)  Wednesday 27th November and link back to this post with a pingback to be included in the round-up.  There is no word limit and no style requirements, except to keep it fairly family-friendly.

**Please note that many people on WordPress are having problems with pingbacks not getting through. They do need to be approved manually before they show on the post here, but to be sure,  please also leave a comment on this post, linking back to your response to the prompt so that I know you have posted. **

For visually challenged writers, the image shows a woodland scene with a dusting of snow and the sun, rising as a rayed orb through the boughs of a tree.

All posts will be featured in the round-up on Thursday, November 28th at 10am GMT, linking back to the original posts of contributors.

Throughout the week I will feature as many of the responses here on the Daily Echo as space allows and (more or less) in the order in which they come in. Please be aware that I tend to schedule reblogs in advance and these spaces fill quickly so an early submission is more likely to get reblogged.

Please link your post to this by creating a pingback. If you are unsure of how to create a pingback, Hugh has an excellent tutorial here.

Feel free to use #writephoto logo or include the prompt photo in your post if you wish or you can replace it with one of your own to illustrate your work. Don’t forget to use the #writephoto hashtag in your title so your posts can be found.

***

Come and introduce yourself!

An open invitation to writephoto contributors…

As there are usually too many contributions to reblog all of them every week, and so that we can get to know their writers, I would like to invite all writephoto regulars to come and introduce themselves on the blog as my guest! ‘Regulars’ does not mean you have to take part every week… Click here for details

This entry was posted in photo prompt, Photography, Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

128 Responses to Thursday photo prompt: Light #writephoto

1. Pingback: Landscape – Positive Side Of The Coin

2. Pingback: THE PERFECT SPOT – Iain Kelly

3. Iain Kelly says:

A brief bit of melancholy this week. Lovely seasonal picture Sue.

4. Pingback: Conspiracy – Reena Saxena

5. janmalique says:

I’ll post my offering soon Sue.

6. Pingback: Light #writephoto | Of Glass & Paper

7. Pingback: first light – Tina Stewart Brakebill

8. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt: Light #writephoto | willowdot21

9. Pingback: Winter’s Light #WritePhoto – The Light Behind the Story

10. Pingback: Winter Dawn – A poem by Goff James | Art, Photography and Poetry

11. Goff James says:

Hi,Sue. Here is my response to Thursday’s photo prompt: Light #writephoto – Haiku / Winter Dawn.
    Here is the link https://goffjamesart.wordpress.com/2019/11/21/winter-dawn-a-poem-by-goff-james/ Have a great day. Goff

12. Pingback: One Thousand Steps | Na'ama Yehuda

13. Pingback: Grit – Kitty's Verses

14. kittysverses says:

Hi Sue,
    A beautiful picture, thank you.
    Here’s my link :-
    Thank you all for stopping by and reading.

15. Pingback: Robin and the frost – Jane Dougherty Writes

The sun
    The trees
    Spoken beneath
    The forest
    My thoughts
    Lonely territory

18. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt: Light #writephoto | Tessa Can Do It! Positivity is Catching!

19. Pingback: #Writephoto ‘Winter Woodland’ #Tanka #Poetry | Rereading Jane Eyre

20. Fandango says:

I know you told me my pingback didn’t work, so, for the record…

21. Hi Sue, This reminds me of structures we saw often in the woods n our walks.
    I have scheduled this for tomorrow though as I’ve already put 10 posts out today (yikes!)

22. Pingback: Thursday Photo Prompt- Light # WritePhoto – Keep it alive

23. Pingback: #writephoto – The Wishing Tree – The Bag Lady

24. Pingback: Light #writephoto | Trent's World (the Blog)

25. trentpmcd says:

Hi Sue, yes, I am on a blogging break, but thought I might join in with a very short flash: https://trentsworldblog.wordpress.com/2019/11/22/light-writephoto/

26. pratibha says:

beautiful pic. My post today is more of a non-fiction prose: http://pratibhawrites.com/2019/11/the-vast-white/

27. Pingback: The vast white | Prats Corner

28. Pingback: #Writephoto – Light – Roberta Writes

29. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt: Light #writephoto | pensitivity101

30. Pingback: #Writephoto ~ Light #Poetry | anita dawes and jaye marie

Lovely image this week, Sue… and here’s the link… https://wp.me/p2XQu3-f9T

32. Pingback: “God’s Gift” (Poem) Thursday Write Photo Prompt – Light – Beckie's Mental Mess

33. I love this photo – looks like a tree in my neighborhood! The stories inspired by it are amazing.

34. Pingback: Undimmed | awisewomansjourney

35. Pingback: If You Go Down To The Woods Today… #writephoto | TanGental

36. Pingback: A Heart Aglow – Light in the Lens

37. Laura Denise says:

What a beautiful photo, one especially moving to me in the South, longing to be able to experience such a moment myself. ❤ Here's my response: https://lauradenise.home.blog/2019/11/23/a-heart-aglow/ Thank you for sharing and hosting! 🙂

38. Pingback: snow gardens – K.

39. Pingback: Grandlight | Annette Rochelle Aben

40. https://wp.me/p4ayEo-3JA My short link in case the pingback doesn’t work.

41. wonkywizard says:

Thank you Sue for another challenging photo prompt with a theme: Light. This is my response:

Dr. Lim Keng Huat, http://www.wonkywizard.wordpress.com

42. Pingback: Winter Magic - Poetry For Healing

43. Here’s mine Sue. Feeling Christmasy! ☺️

44. Pingback: Fire and ice- light #Writephoto – freshdaisiesdotme

45. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt: Light #writephoto – Ladyleemanila

46. Pingback: “Communication” ©J.E.Goldie Thursday Writephoto – light – Nov. 21 2019 | Starlight and Moonbeams

47. Pingback: In Its Own Light ~ #writephoto | rivrvlogr

48. Pingback: A tree in winter – Reverie in reverse

49. Pingback: Thursday Photo Prompt- The Stranger #writephoto – SOUL CONNECTION

50. joylennick says:

I love the seasonal photograph, Sue! Thank you for reading my Spanish offering. x