Thursday photo prompt: Calm #writephoto

#writephoto

Every Thursday at noon GMT, I publish one of my photos as a writing prompt.  If you know where the photo was taken, please keep it to yourself until the challenge is closed and I usually share something about the place during the round-up.

Throughout the week I will feature as many of the responses here on the Daily Echo as space allows and (more or less) in the order in which they come in. Every Thursday at 10 a.m. GMT, a full round-up of posts will be published linking back to the original posts of contributors.

You can find all last week’s entries in the weekly round-up. Please visit and read the stories and poems and explore the sites of their writers. I will feature as many contributions as I can on the blog during the week.

Use the image below as inspiration to create a post on your own blog… poetry, prose, humour… light or dark, whatever you choose, by noon (GMT)  Wednesday 14th November and link back to this post with a pingback to be included in the round-up.  There is no word limit and no style requirements, except to keep it fairly family friendly.

All posts will be featured in the round-up on Thursday.

If you are unsure of how to create a pingback, Hugh has an excellent tutorial here.

Pingbacks need to be manually approved, so either check back to make sure that the pingback has appeared or simply copy and paste your link into the comments section of this post.

Feel free to use #writephoto logo or include the prompt photo in your post if you wish or you can replace it with one of your own to illustrate your work. Don’t forget to use the #writephoto hashtag in your title so your posts can be found.

Meanwhile, I would like to invite all writephoto regulars to come and introduce themselves on the blog as my  guest!

Click here for details

Have fun!

This entry was posted in photo prompt, Photography, Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

114 Responses to Thursday photo prompt: Calm #writephoto

1. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt: Calm #writephoto | willowdot21

2. Pingback: a date… – syncwithdeep

3. syncwithdeep says:

Thanks for the prompt, Sue. Here is my take on Calm

4. Pingback: Reflections – Reena Saxena

5. Love that photo, Sue. 🙂 Hope to participate again soon when I can breate… Will share.

6. Pingback: The Devil’s Day | Powered by Robots

7. James Pyles says:

Here’s mine. The subject matter is disturbing, though I tried to give my tale a happy ending: https://poweredbyrobots.com/2018/11/08/the-devils-day/

8. Pingback: A SENSE OF CALM – Iain Kelly

9. Iain Kelly says:

Foul play afoot in the English countryside this week!

10. Pingback: Calm #writephoto | Trent's World (the Blog)

11. trentpmcd says:

Hi Sue. The saga continues 😉 Here is the next chapter: https://trentsworldblog.wordpress.com/2018/11/08/calm-writephoto/

12. Love the photo. It looks just like home 🙂 Tomorrow morning.

13. Pingback: Calm. – Kyt Wright

14. kytwright says:

Your picture inspired another slightly off-kilter tale from me.

15. I remember stretches similar to this on the way to Stratford on the boat. Lovely.

16. Pingback: #WritePhoto – Calm | But I Smile Anyway...

17. Pingback: #writephoto — Serenity In the Midst of Madness – This, That, and The Other

18. Pingback: Day 8 – Nanopoblano – The Boy | The Ink Slinger

19. First timer here. I’ve been meaning to try my hand at this for a while. You’re photos are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing. Here’s mine: The Boy. Happy reading!

20. Pingback: Autumnal calm #writephoto | Never A Worry

21. Reblogged this on ladyleemanila and commented:
    Sue’s challenge 🙂

22. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt : Calm – Positive Side Of The Coin

23. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt: Calm #writephoto – Ladyleemanila

24. Pingback: THE CALM BETWEEN THE STORMS: CALM #WRITEPHOTO – Marilyn Armstrong – Serendipity – Seeking Intelligent Life on Earth

25. Pingback: By the riverside #writephoto – Of Glass & Paper

26. Pingback: Song Sung Blue #writephoto #flashfiction | TanGental

27. Pingback: Calm Before the Storm – #writephoto #shortstory #fiction | This is Another Story

28. Pingback: #writephoto: River bend – Jane Dougherty Writes

29. It’s funny, a river bend like this figures often as a place in the story I’m working on, but I didn’t get anything like a story for the prompt. Maybe because I’m too focused on my own river bend.

30. Pingback: Calm – Emotional Shadows

31. Pingback: Calm ~ #writephoto #shortstory | Night Owl Poetry - Dorinda Duclos

32. balroop2013 says:

What a beautiful picture Sue! Thanks for the inspiration.

33. Pingback: It’s #ForgivingFridays – yay! Today’s topic is Forgiveness and Choosing Peace – ForgivingConnects

34. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt: Calm #writephoto – The Billabong | Morpethroad

35. Michael says:

Hi Sue, hope your weekend goes well for you.

36. Pingback: #writephoto – Calm | the moon is rising...

37. Pingback: Haiku: Calm | The Dark Netizen

38. Pingback: Spring Thaw — Thursday photo prompt | Jo Hawk

39. Pingback: #Writephoto: Calm | anita dawes and jaye marie

40. Pingback: Way of Journeying: a #writephoto #TankaProse – Frank J. Tassone

41. Pingback: #Writephoto Autumn #Tanka | Rereading Jane Eyre

42. Pingback: Finding Calm | Padre's Ramblings

43. Pingback: My First Crush – Tina Stewart Brakebill

44. Pingback: The Way | WILLOW POETRY

45. Thanks for another prompt Sue. This is a beautiful spot. Here is my story for this week. Etheree…

46. Pingback: Serenity - Poetry For Healing

47. Pingback: Calm #WritePhoto | The Story Files

48. Pingback: The Missionary/Calm #writephoto | Notes to Women

49. notestowomen says:

Hi Sue,

I really, really like this photo. It looks so tranquil. I can see myself spending a Sunday afternoon there, just enjoying nature’s beauty. Sigh. Here’s my contribution.

Adele

50. Pingback: Pierce/Calm #writephoto – Deborah's Deliberations

51. Hi Sue,

What a beautiful and peaceful scene which you have captured so well. Here’s my story.

Deborah

52. Pingback: The Cost/Calm #writephoto – A Heart for Africa

53. Hi Sue,

I love the peace and tranquility in the photo. Makes me wish I were there. Here’s my take on it.

AHFA

54. Pingback: The Palette #writephoto – dnspectre

55. Pingback: #Writephoto – Calm – Roberta Writes

56. I hope I have squeaked in in time this week, Sue. Work has been horrible.

57. Pingback: Autumn - Kaleidoscope of My Life

58. Pingback: Photo prompt round-up: Calm #writephoto | Sue Vincent's Daily Echo